Duke Fan
Years ago

Kings Hire Longley

"Special advisor". Interesting to see what he brings

Topic #45516 | Report this topic

Anonymous  
Years ago

Kings look so much better organised after the JVG rein. Longley is an excellent cool head that knows basketball inside out. Great addition.::))

Reply #751209 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

The kings have got some $$$
How many imports do they have at the moment?

Reply #751210 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

One import and the nba Brazilian guy that count as an import. Casper at present only official import.

Reply #751211 | Report this post

Spinner  
Years ago

So they aren't going with Randle again - where is he off to? Or has he priced himself out of the market?

Reply #751212 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Priced himself out of what market? Did you watch the NBL finals? Cairns could get him for 200k!

Reply #751213 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Where is Longley based nowadays? I always assumed he was in Perth. Wonder if this special advisor role is strictly a part time gig if so, maybe do preseason and then do regular trips with weekly feedback. But definitely a big, no pun intended, pickup. I'm sure he would be a great recruiting tool for young kids like the Frolings etc. And just imagine if Humphries was still there. Shows the disparity of Gaze getting Voldemort in, both clueless.
Would the Sixers and Joey let someone like Maher in depending on work schedule. Didn't think he was a great head coach at Sturt but I reckon he would be great role model and teacher for guards in particular and show a few tricks. Rather have him than Jantke gamenight holding his little clipboard. And if Pero got a guernsey helping out surely they should make contact.

Reply #751215 | Report this post

Zodiac  
Years ago

Comparisons were always likely, but not to Bogut.

"I've had a better collegiate career than anyone else from Australia that came over here," he said. "I'm not as slow as Luc Longley, I'm more athletic, I can shoot better, I'm more competitive. So I think it's not even fair to bring that name up."

https://www.theage.com.au/sport/basketball/bogut-scoffs-at-longley-legacy-20050629-ge0fd4.html

Reply #751223 | Report this post

Anon  
Years ago

Hopefully pero is back. Knowledgeable with experience over many years many leagues. Good pickup for sixers.

Reply #751225 | Report this post

Duke Fan  
Years ago

Also added Aleks Maric to the coaching staff

Reply #751226 | Report this post

Smith  
Years ago

Can't shoot better than him and understates how competitive Longley was because he didn't have to scream after every dunk. Three rings. The end.

Reply #751231 | Report this post

D2.0  
Years ago

"Comparisons were always likely, but not to Bogut."

So to Paraphrase, Bogut is a dickhead with a big mouth.
What else is news?

Longley won three rings as the starting centre for the Bulls. Bogut not even in the same league.

Luc is a good fit for Sydney, he obviously loves Purple, and teams that promise a lot but fail to deliver.

Reply #751272 | Report this post

Senator11  
Years ago

"Luc is a good fit for Sydney, he obviously loves Purple, and teams that promise a lot but fail to deliver."

Oh snap, nice burn.

Pretty sure Luc does till live in Perth with his chef wife Anna Gare.

Reply #751482 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 4:06 pm, Fri 26 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754