LC
Years ago

Confirmed: 36ers vs Philippines in Manila

As reported by The Pick and Roll on 16 July, the NBL have since confirmed that the Adelaide 36ers will take on the Philippines in Manila on 23 and 25 August.

Confirmed: Adelaide 36ers versus Philippines is happening

Key detail: will be played behind closed doors in front of "VIP Guests" only.

Topic #45631 | Report this topic

Anonymous  
Years ago

VIP guests only = don't even bother applying for tickets unless you have qualifications in martial arts or cage fighting.

Reply #754023 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

VIP = violent, irrational pussies?

Reply #754026 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Will we be able to watch it anywhere?

Reply #754027 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

The chair throwing might qualify it for the WWE network.

Reply #754030 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Thon Maker kick UFC CHANNEL

Reply #754032 | Report this post

ME  
Years ago

Nope. I don't like it. They haven't shown nearly enough contrition for what happened in Manilla. They were in no substantial way punished for it. Every player involved is now free to play in the World Cup, and we're SERIOUSLY going to help them prepare?

This is definitely on the list of 36er fuck ups under new management for me. I am sure this particular game will go off without a hitch and that there wont be any blood baths, but that's not the point. By playing these games we undermine the severity of what took place.

Reply #754054 | Report this post

robt.  
Years ago

Well said. Wish that I had said that but Me did!

Reply #754055 | Report this post

Smith  
Years ago

And Kickert was simply overflowing with regret....

Reply #754058 | Report this post

rjd  
Years ago

How can we have faith in the basketball gods when you see the way they've treated the Philippines after their brawl? Perhaps the basketball gods work part-time as martial arts gods. What were they thinking? For starters, Philippines were fortunate to just barely scrape in to qualify, assisted by China being an automatic qualifier as host, ultimately just making into 8th placed in Asia, which was just good enough to qualify. Then look at the pot they were allocated into, with Canada and Montenegro, which will both be far stronger than their world ranking suggests. So by making it into that pot, they avoided being drawn with those nations trending upwards. Then look at the group they drew into, with Angola, Italy, and Serbia. They drew the lowest ranked team in each other pot, Angola and Italy, with the exception of pot 2 where they drew Serbia.

Reply #754065 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

FFS move on it's a practice game, hopefully Adelaide making a few dollars and mending a some off the damage.

Reply #754066 | Report this post

Jack Toft  
Years ago

It's actually a positive move IMHO.

The brawl was a bad look for the game and this will hopefully start the path to mend fences

Reply #754130 | Report this post

Camel 31  
Years ago

and "The 36ers season starts today at their new training facility at Port Adelaide." - Just then on radio news.
(Well, I'll be damned. No Titanium.

Reply #754134 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

So the best purpose built stadium in Australia won't be used at all for the 36ers. Wtf is this management doing?

Reply #754136 | Report this post

Pop  
Years ago

I realise this is off topic, but following Camel's lead ... I would love to know the real reason for the move out of 'Titanium'. Based on the circumstantial evidence I'd suggest it is NOT because 'we want to be 2kms closer to the city'.

Starting to look more and more like some really bad blood &/or a right brawl in the backrooms.

Won't change anything, sadly, but would be interesting.

Reply #754181 | Report this post

Lovebroker  
Years ago

Isn't the bigger capacity / potential for growth / members / then revenue a good enough reason?

Reply #754183 | Report this post

Peter  
Years ago

article said 36ers not training at Titanium because it clashes with lightning training....

That is obviously BS as would be easy enough to work around but sounds like one or both of the 2 parties want nothing to do with each other

Reply #754190 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 4:26 am, Sat 27 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754