Anonymous
Years ago

Australian Development Camp

https://australia.basketball/blog/2019/08/14/australian-development-camp-squad-announced-2/

Anyone else think that these squads are still too small?
How many dorms does the AIS have available?

Seems like a lot of good quality talent missing out, especially from the recent u16 champs. I don't see the Victorian boy centres or the sa women’s guard who was the standout performer.

Topic #45708 | Report this topic

Aussie  
Years ago

Any Giddey, King, Travers types in that list?

Reply #755909 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Wonder what AJ Magbegor's potential is going to be. Looks like he'll grow in to a forward sized type and demonstrates a level of fluidity/grab and go ball handling/passing as well. Doesn't show any shooting from the YT footage and still growing as an athlete it seems to me.

Reply #755912 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Yeah Magbegor already at 6'6. I think he’s a potential 6’11, 7ft pf. He’s sisters 6’4.
McWilliams and Beatty also 7ft plus players...

Not sure any guards from the boys standout just yet.

Pretty deep list of 04s in the women with though.

PG
Heal, Rotunno, Brazel, doesn’t include (Loughridge-u16aus)
SG
Logan, Koopmans, doesn’t include (Borlase or Simons-u16aus)
SF
Puoch, Dart, Ananiev, Burrows, doesn’t include (Fearne-overseas)
PF
Preston, Vlahov, Jacobs
C
Hassett, Ohara, Kitto

Reply #755930 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

With the boys I thought the guard depth was strong at the U16 Nationals. Will be interesting how many still have growth physically and can expand their games even further.

Reply #755951 | Report this post

Anon  
Years ago

Doesn't include Borlase - SA metro guard. 04.

She went to the last camp though.

Reply #756520 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I really like both Borlase and Puoch from u16s. Think both of them should be locks for Asia champ team.

Didn't get to see all the u16 games. Still can’t believe that in 2019 they can’t stream every game. They do most games in nz and we only get the final.
Really poor by BA.

Reply #756707 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 9:16 am, Sat 27 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754