Thrills
Years ago

Boomers or team USA fan meet and greets in Melbourne?

Hi guys,

Does anyone know if the boomers or team USA will be doing anything publicly this week in Melbourne including meet and greets, or public training sessions or anything to give fans a chance to see the players up close??

Topic #45752 | Report this topic

Anonymous  
Years ago

Tatum is doing something with New Era

Reply #756979 | Report this post

Cram  
Years ago

They're training at MSAC. They're not open trainings, but MSAC doesn't have any private entrances or anything so stalk away

Reply #756991 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Cram so can we get in you think?

Reply #757026 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Jayson Tatum is meeting fans at culture kingz

Reply #757027 | Report this post

OldManHoops  
Years ago

You wont be able to get into MSAC and watch training, security will be exceptionally tight. If you're lucky, you might catch the players walking through the lobby or getting on/off the bus.

Reply #757042 | Report this post

Cram  
Years ago

"You wont be able to get into MSAC and watch training, security will be exceptionally tight. If you're lucky, you might catch the players walking through the lobby or getting on/off the bus"

This. A friend's team did this before their own game last night. The lobby area is open to the public which the players need to get through to get to training.

Reply #757049 | Report this post

OldManHoops  
Years ago

Sorry, I meant that you won't be able to get into the show-courts at MSAC.

Anyone in the area might be able to catch a glimpse of the players in the lobby or in the car park.

Reply #757054 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

The players go through a side entrance straight from the bus and don't enter from the lobby. You will see them from a bollarded car park for 5 seconds while they go from Bus to Stadium. They won't interact with anyone.

Reply #757069 | Report this post

PyroCross  
Years ago

Flew into Melbourne today and I believe I spotted Myles Turner in the Crown complex. USA staying at the Crown?

Reply #757130 | Report this post

OldManHoops  
Years ago

Yes, there is a tunnel from MSAC's Show Courts straight to the bus in the car park. There's not going to be much chance to see the players, much less to interact with them. Team USA's schedule has them training at MSAC from 12pm to 2pm today. Good luck.

Reply #757177 | Report this post

Ben  
Years ago

Tatum is at Culture Kings today in the CBD from 4:30pm I believe.

Could also chance your hand walking around the CBD in the evening and catching randoms. Kemba and a bunch were at House of Hoops last night.

Also purely curious myself if anyone knows where the US is staying.

Reply #757188 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Guessing they would be staying at Crown Towers. Most expensive place in Melbourne and where the top of the chain players stay during Aus Open.

Reply #757228 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 5:41 pm, Fri 26 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754