Anonymous
Years ago

World Cup Day 1

Anyone watching the Serbia match? Interesting to see Jokic coming off the bench for them?

Topic #45826 | Report this topic

Anonymous  
Years ago

Shoooting the lights out but Angola has shot a few too.

Reply #758915 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I think Serbia will struggle against speed.

Reply #758916 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Serbia look rusty but lead by 18 at halftime, still very organised. Play good D as well, ran the whole team through as well by halftime.

Reply #758919 | Report this post

rjd  
Years ago

Yeah, Serbia seem a bit slow, they are huge. But they are like Terminators: they seem to often lack urgency, but are always extremely dangerous through precision and skill, and can step up whenever they need to.

Reply #758920 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Serbia would probably destroy the Boomers, eh?

Reply #758921 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Don't think they are playing at full throttle yet.

Reply #758923 | Report this post

rjd  
Years ago

Serbia starts the World Cup 13/20 from 3pt range.

Reply #758924 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Teodosic is a huge loss though.

Reply #758926 | Report this post

Perthworld  
Years ago

RUS-NGR tight game.

Reply #758929 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Puerto Rico beat Iran with 1 second left.

Reply #758931 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Iran led by 20 at halftime. Russia down by eight in last got up in very tight contest.

Reply #758932 | Report this post

ME  
Years ago

Serbia look very dangerous at the three point line but I wasn't seeing much in the mid range from them and if we force them to play up-tempo and to take midrange shots it could make the game quite competitive, and who knows how that might end. But there's not a lot you can take from this game against Angola. Angola was frankly terrible.

Russia v Nigeria was a bit of a surprise. Both teams fall into probably the middle-tier of the competition. They're better than the glut of Asian and most African teams, but not quite good enough to upset any of the big dogs even once-off. But it was a pleasant surprise to see Nigeria be better than expected.

I'm about to watch Italy shit on the Philippines just so I can post about it all over Facebook to the loudmouth Gilas fans.

Reply #758939 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I think Italy should win comfortably.
If gilS guards can pull there weight then they might be a slim chance.

Reply #758941 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Spain.and Tunisia live on Foxtel now

Reply #758961 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Good game 18-17 Tunisia. 1/4 time.

Reply #758964 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Spain finding it tough against Tunisia and china struggling against Ivory Coast.

Reply #758971 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Spain put foot down in third. Lead by 25 at 3/4.

Reply #758979 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Spain by 39, looked fantastic at both ends after 1/4 time. Look shorter than Serbia but quicker. Two gun point guards for Spain.

Great first day basketball, Kayo working fantastic.

Reply #758981 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Spain are only missing pau gasol.
Not sure they'll be a powerhouse going forward. Not the same amount of youth coming through as before.

Reply #758982 | Report this post

Bear  
Years ago

Guys, have a look at Serbia's group, they are in no hurry to play their best in this stage, they will wait until Italy, then turn it on, just wait for it........

Reply #759331 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 11:59 pm, Fri 26 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754