D2.0
Years ago

Wildcats v Hawks Fri 11th 6:30pm @ RAC Arena

With the uneven fixture this will be the only time we see the Hawks in Perth during the regular season. When those fixtures first came out, I wasn't too worried, as these games are usually a snoozefest. The Hawks have a bad habit of treating these games like a free holiday.
In the dark days before Cotton, the Hawks snatched their only ever victory at Perth Arena. Besides that the winning streak extended back several years.

But could all that be about to change?
Of course the whole basketball world is talking about the one-man excitement machine, Lamelo Ball. Which of course means that nobody in Perth has ever heard of him, but nonetheless this could be the most viewed game in Wildcats's history!
Will Ball senior make a cameo? I have a spare seat if he can't get a ticket.
Perhaps inspired by Lamelo's imminent arrival, the Hawks have forsaken their usual dumpster-diving, to assemble a credible, if bizarre, array of talent. Five Point Guards, Four Centres, and Co-Captain Todd Blanchfield trying to hold it all together. Does anything inspire as much confidence as making somebody CO-captain?

And the Cats have made changes too. Although it remains to be seen how effective some of their new additions are going to be. After stinking up the Jungle so badly they called in a terror alert, Dario "Don't Call me Mike" Hunt will be out to prove himself tonight. He will have his work cut out against the Illawarra Forrest.
I for one am intrigued to see how Flinn makes his strange rotations work, and looking forward to Lamelo's first encounter with actual defence.

My gut says Perth have got this, but it should be an interesting tussle.

Topic #46044 | Report this topic

Anonymous  
Years ago

What about the other game?

Reply #767169 | Report this post

AngusH  
Years ago

Perth should take this one comfortably.

Reply #767176 | Report this post

Haz  
Years ago

"The dark days before Cotton"? What does that even mean? The dark days being the one slightly down year where they didnt win the championship, but still made the playoffs. And is Perth supposed to spank Illawarra every time they come here regardless of position?

"The whole world is talking about Lamelo Ball which means nobody in Perth has heard of him" - By whole world, you mean the NBL, the NBA and Lamelo Balls legion of fans and followers? I agree that nobody outside of that has probably heard of him, but i dont get how Perth people are specifically excluded as a general rule.

Im picking Perth, becsuse as D2.0 says, its tradition to spank them everytime they come here, especially now that we have Cotton.

Reply #767179 | Report this post

AngusH  
Years ago

FWIW lots of people seem to know about Ball - maybe it's the press coverage locally. I've had more non-basketball people in my life ask me about Ball than any one else in the league, even Bogut.

Reply #767181 | Report this post

Bol  
Years ago

Ball? I'll be there to see Ogilvy

Reply #767182 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I miss having good previews

Reply #767183 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

""The dark days before Cotton"? What does that even mean? The dark days being the one slightly down year where they didnt win the championship"

I think he means that year when Perth had Ennis & Beal and no one in Perth cared about basketball at all or knew who the Wildcats were and all the Perth Arena seats weren't suddenly being snapped up each game and there definitely were not a crazy large number of Ennis jerseys purchased and regularly seen being worn all over the city

Reply #767184 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Do a better preview #183 or shut your gob.
Perth by 6+.

Reply #767185 | Report this post

Senator11  
Years ago

"I'll be there to see Ogilvy get dunked on"

Fixed it for you Bol.

"crazy large number of Ennis jerseys purchased and regularly seen being worn all over the city"

And I still wear my Ennis jersey to the games to this day. They have also been the most comfortable jerseys that are actually singlets and not tank style tops that choke your neck (disclaimer: sometimes I wear my #23 Muo jersey for lols).

Reply #767193 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Perth haven't been that good through preseason and round one but should win this easy enough and yes I’ve had more people talk to me about Ball that have never really been interested in basketball. Illawarra are an unbalanced team in which will hurt them this season.

Reply #767194 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Unbalanced? They're literally a proper 4 man away from actually being a really good team.

Reply #767197 | Report this post

UseTaHoop  
Years ago

"Unbalanced? They're literally a proper 4 man away from actually being a really good team.“

Is Andersen still serviceable at the 4? He was a good floor spacer and finisher there, more so for the Boomers. I haven't seen the Hawks this season, I’m leaving that to the many watching Ball.

Reply #767211 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

It will be interesting how the Hawks start tonight with the starting 5. Like to see Narr, Brooks start in the guard positions with Ball coming off the bench. Too much isolation ball last week with Brooks & Ball, Hawks need to get their shooters more involved ( Blanchfield,Coenraad & Grida) if they gonna win this one
I think Perth will win this but if the Hawks can shoot the ball at a good clip it will be interesting

Reply #767217 | Report this post

Senator11  
Years ago

" Illawarra are an unbalanced team in which will hurt them this season."

Kinda of disagree, yeah they have too many guards, but I think the talent on this roster counteracts that. Once these guys start gelling and get their rotations right, I think they're a very good chance to make the finals and I'd be a bit scared coming up against them at that time, unlike past seasons where every team jostles for the spot to play them in the first round when they have made the finals. Shame they didn't keep Beveridge, he'd give this group another reason to back them.

Reply #767223 | Report this post

Luuuc  
Years ago

Their main imbalance for me is in terms of experience. A lot of their team is at the extremes of that scale.
That doesn't mean they can't win games though.

Reply #767226 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Could seriously get close to a record crowd tonight. I know people and have seen people online who are super hyped to see Ball. Most of these people have never been to the NBL or haven't been in years.

Reply #767227 | Report this post

Aussie  
Years ago

Could seriously get close to a record crowd tonight. I know people and have seen people online who are super hyped to see Ball. Most of these people have never been to the NBL or haven't been in years.

Great to hear.

Does anyone know what the record crowd for a Wildcats game is at RAC Arena?

Reply #767229 | Report this post

Luuuc  
Years ago

According to the Austadiums website the arena has hit 13,611 (which presumably is max. capacity in basketball mode) 3 times

05/03/17 - Basketball - NBL Grand Final: Perth v Illawarra - 13,611
14/01/17 - Basketball - NBL: Perth v Adelaide - 13,611
12/01/18 - Basketball - NBL: Perth v Melbourne - 13,611

Reply #767230 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Boguts first game in Perth from memory was pretty close to a sell out. Seems to be even more hype from locals for Melo from what I've seen. Plus this is the Hawks only game in Perth this year and the only chance to see Melo live. I would be surprised if there wasn't around 13,500 or maybe even more.

Being a Friday night helps too, the Cats prime time for attendance.

Hopefully those that aren't regulars have a good night, enjoy the NBLs quality and might even consider going to another Cats game and watching more on TV. Thats the big key with Melo, use him as a draw card to get people in, but hope it opens their eyes a bit more to aus basketball and hopefully even just a small percentage become NBL fans.

Reply #767232 | Report this post

Aussie  
Years ago

Thanks mate

Reply #767233 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Do we know if Lavar is in Perth? Would love to get a photo with him!

Reply #767234 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I think the whole Ball entourage is in town and their reality show crew

Reply #767235 | Report this post

J  
Years ago

Boone and ogilvy starting doesn't work for mine, that starting 5 stunk it up twice last round too. That needs to change, i would think.

Reply #767240 | Report this post

D2.0  
Years ago

@Haz, take a pill dude.

The difference between a poor crowd and a sellout in Perth, is not much at all. This is a Friday Night game, so I'd expect a turnout over 13k.

Yes, the Hawks are unbalanced, but like I said lets wait and see how Flinn ties it all together.

Reply #767241 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

#melofactor what a difference one person can make

Reply #767263 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

He isn't making much of a difference though.

Reply #767265 | Report this post

Perthworld  
Years ago

His media interviews are superb.

Reply #767267 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Big crowd building here in the arena to watch #MeloFactor verse the Wildcats

Reply #767324 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Cam Luke in commentary. Jesus H Christ.

Reply #767330 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

can the commentators take a breathe - competition to see who can talk the fastest.

Reply #767331 | Report this post

Zodiac  
Years ago

SBS stream has died.

Reply #767332 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Yup

Reply #767333 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Luke is a radio guy who doesn't know how to call a TV game. Just shut up every once in a while dude, we can see what’s going on.

Reply #767334 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Feed is back.

Reply #767336 | Report this post

AngusH  
Years ago

Is Sunday Dech still being paid by Perth?

Reply #767338 | Report this post

Yinka Dare  
Years ago

Looks like Ogilvie shitting the bed in Perth again.

Hawks starting five is terrible. Get Ogilvy out and put brooks in.

Reply #767340 | Report this post

David  
Years ago

Watching the ESPN feed on Foxtel cause I can't get to the game.... hey ESPN, how about turning up the commentators, because they are being drowned out. Terrible!!!!!!!!!!

Reply #767341 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I wish they would stop showing the crowd, so embarrassing the antics of grown men.

Reply #767342 | Report this post

AngusH  
Years ago

Good commentary combo, didn't catch their names.

Reply #767343 | Report this post

Zodiac  
Years ago

Cam Luke & Jenni Screen

Reply #767345 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

For all Gleeson distractors, he's a f..king good coach. His time outs they all listen, are precise and simple.

Reply #767346 | Report this post

Zodiac  
Years ago

Dario Hunt doesn't look too flash

Reply #767348 | Report this post

AngusH  
Years ago

AJ... League needs to implement a mercy rule where he is automatically inactive for any games in Perth.

Reply #767349 | Report this post

Zodiac  
Years ago

Lol AJ is a walking brain fart

Reply #767350 | Report this post

Zodiac  
Years ago

Get on with it fuck it's the 2nd quarter

Reply #767351 | Report this post

Zodiac  
Years ago

Ever since I said that about Hunt he's been on a tear

Reply #767352 | Report this post

Splinky  
Years ago

The commentators have got to SHUT UP. Let the game breathe. Plus the audio mix is wrong. But Lachie Reid sounds great!

Reply #767354 | Report this post

AngusH  
Years ago

I'd be fine with the Hawks not fouling Hunt again. Feel like I've seen him shoot 20 of the worst FTs I've ever seen already, even those that go down.

Reply #767355 | Report this post

Perthworld  
Years ago

Death, taxes and the Illawarra Hawks being blown out in Perth.

Reply #767356 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Illawara need to buy a pf.

Reply #767357 | Report this post

AngusH  
Years ago

Commentators should be louder if anything. Mix is off.

Reply #767358 | Report this post

Ben  
Years ago

Jenni Screen talks way too much.

Reply #767359 | Report this post

cosby  
Years ago

Ogilvy could be the worst player in the nbl.

Reply #767360 | Report this post

cosby  
Years ago

Cotton needs to be a boomer

Reply #767361 | Report this post

Perthworld  
Years ago

Psychologically AJ is cooked in Perth. When the fixture came out imagine his relief at there only being one ILL @ PER game. Heartless.

Reply #767363 | Report this post

twenty four  
Years ago

It's amazing that after all these years, Ogilvy still hasn't realised how shit his beard looks.

Reply #767365 | Report this post

AngusH  
Years ago

He's like Samson, all his power comes from his facial hair. If he shaves it off, he somehow gets marginally worse.

Reply #767367 | Report this post

Perthworld  
Years ago

twenty four - HAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHHAAHHAHAHAHAAHAHAHA.

Reply #767368 | Report this post

UseTaHoop  
Years ago

Are Kelly and Flynn (sp?) the 2 coaches with the least capacity to make in-game adjustments?

This could be partially due to roster limitations.

Reply #767369 | Report this post

Perthworld  
Years ago

Haven't looked too closely tonight but in previous seasons he had been rocking a neck line shaved way too high. F'in LOL!

Reply #767371 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I said previously that Illawarra balance was wrong, but not certain coach is up to getting the right players on as well.

Reply #767375 | Report this post

cosby  
Years ago

Would cut ogilvy and give all minutes to sammy froling.

Reply #767378 | Report this post

Yinka Dare  
Years ago

Ogilvy is that tall guy you see that gets asked if he plays basketball.

He doesn't know how to answer

Reply #767380 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Sound mix is crap. Crowd way too loud. Commentaros are way too soft. Anyone with clout read here?

Reply #767381 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Froling is not up to it nbl1 is his level. Ogilvy should be back up five to Boone, Froling should be training player. Grida on Cotton, lol, 22 points later they talk about changing it.

Reply #767382 | Report this post

AngusH  
Years ago

Ball just Damien Martined the shit out of Damien Martin.

Reply #767383 | Report this post

AngusH  
Years ago

AJ!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Reply #767384 | Report this post

Yinka Dare  
Years ago

Why is Dario hunt mimicking markelle faulks at the free throw line?

Reply #767385 | Report this post

Matt Leabeater  
Years ago

josh boone and Dario hunt are going to cost hungry jacks a bomb this year

Reply #767386 | Report this post

AngusH  
Years ago

Career night for AJ in Perth.

Reply #767387 | Report this post

AngusH  
Years ago

Suddenly Cairns don't look so bad.

Reply #767388 | Report this post

Perthworld  
Years ago

Ogilvy is that tall guy you see that gets asked if he plays basketball.

He doesn't know how to answer

Keep it coming guys.

Reply #767389 | Report this post

Gus3232  
Years ago

Seriously, who is teaching these Ball boys how to shoot? Some of the worst techniques I have ever seen.

Reply #767390 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Hawks are so shit

season done.

Reply #767391 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

SBS stream didn't cut out for me.

Reply #767392 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

That's a solid full time score that the Hawks have leaked in 3 quarters

Reply #767393 | Report this post

Zodiac  
Years ago

LaMelo Ball's got a long way to go.

Reply #767394 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Matt Flinn is a disaster as a head coach.

Reply #767395 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Ball's shooting coach must be Hunt & Boone's FT coach

Reply #767396 | Report this post

UseTaHoop  
Years ago

"Seriously, who is teaching these Ball boys how to shoot? Some of the worst techniques I have ever seen."

Their coach would have beaten Jordan.

Just wait for the youngest Ball brother... Iso

Reply #767399 | Report this post

Perthworld  
Years ago

This is so boring, with shit commentary to boot.

Reply #767401 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Want to see Travers.

Reply #767402 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Right now it's either Illawarra or cairns for bottom. La Melo NBA draft pick #1!. I call bullshit.

Reply #767403 | Report this post

Perthworld  
Years ago

Good idea - let's see some of the future.

Reply #767404 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

SBS stream gone, ahh the internet in Australia is magnificent ((::

Reply #767405 | Report this post

Gus3232  
Years ago

Stream working fine here. But that's because my ISP is freakin awesome.

The calls of Ball being a potential top 5 pick on the back of a meaningless pre season game was utterly laughable.

He has a heap of improvement ahead of him.

Reply #767407 | Report this post

Perthworld  
Years ago

MynameisCamLukeIamnotfitforTVcommentarybecause
Iovertalkandspeaksoquicklyit'slikeIdon'teven
havespacingbetweenmywordsdribbledribbledribbledogshit.

Reply #767409 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

#drugsarentworkingperffworld

Reply #767410 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Brooks -29 in 14 minutes. Illawarra v Cairns for already for the spoon. Both Illawarra and Cairns should try get better imports.

Ball got a lot talent, he's just turned 19, top 10 for certain.

Reply #767411 | Report this post

Big Booty Ho  
Years ago

Whoever gave Jenny Screen a microphone needs to be performance reviewed ASAP. I hate D Russell but i'd rather five of him on every game at the moment than the majority of people the league is trying to flog off as commentators this year.

Reply #767412 | Report this post

Zodiac  
Years ago

The only real potential positive for this Hub studio commentary in Melbourne was that we could get the best commentators doing most games but we're getting the B leaguers every game.

Has Casey even called a game yet? Gaze has done what one game?

Reply #767413 | Report this post

Perthworld  
Years ago

Pay peanuts (and put them in a cage), get monkeys.

Reply #767414 | Report this post

Andrew  
Years ago

My SBS stream has been flawless.

Reply #767415 | Report this post

Andrew  
Years ago

Anon Ball just turned 18 not 19

Reply #767416 | Report this post

Perth Wilburs  
Years ago

What's melts and pressed on the SBS stream?

Reply #767418 | Report this post

ME  
Years ago

AJ Ogilvy needs to spend less time in the shower room with the water off "just chattin'" and more time on the practice floor, because he was as close to useless as a 7 footer could possibly be on a basketball court.

The game was a bit scrappy but Perth proved once again why they will be in the Finals again. You can book that ticket already.

I don't think Matt Flynn can coach or even appropriately rotate players. Unless there is an injury we don't know about, Sunday Dech shouldn't see minutes above Aaron Brooks, and probably shouldn't see minutes at all.

LaMelo did pretty well but struggled to shoot the ball. It's a little embarrassing that Damo couldn't slow him down much from doing whatever he wanted to do. Perth threw a lot of intensity into the game and Melo looked completely un-fazed by it. He's going to be a star.

Reply #767419 | Report this post

K4L  
Years ago

La Melo who? La Melo air ball. Commentators please stop talking this guy up.

Perth looking scary.

Reply #767420 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Ball is no where as good as they make him out to be, can't shoot anything outside the key at a descent percentage ( will be lucky to get 25% ) , woeful at defence & makes bad decisions ( age is a factor) . I wonder if he played for another club with a stronger coach would he be getting as much court time, I think not.

Reply #767421 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Reply #767422 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Ogilvy under 10.5 points at Perth arena was the easiest money I've ever made

Reply #767423 | Report this post

Bol  
Years ago

Hahah just came from the game where we enjoyed the Ogilvy show. Now i get to read everyone here giving him a roasting LOL

Reply #767424 | Report this post

J  
Years ago

Lamello, guy is very good for his age, he will go far but stop bailing him out with star calls and treating him like he is an accomploshed star. For the hawks handing him the team may be the best financial boost they have had in years. On court though, he took way to many heatcheck type shots that come with a kid that thinks he is the best player on his team, at the rec on a weeknight.
Also hawks, aj and boone, where is the spacing? Never going to work, ever. Where was Conread? At least he spaces the floor.

Dario gives perth a very different look, his ability to pass and put the ball on the floor could give perth a new way to attack.

Reply #767426 | Report this post

Splinky  
Years ago

I reckon LaMelo isn't phased, because being here isn’t the end goal. It doesn’t really matter what goes on over these few months - his future is back in the US. So there’s no downside risk, which means he’s just loosey-goosey. Team results don’t actually matter.

Reply #767427 | Report this post

Cellar Dwellars  
Years ago

How broke are Illawarra. A Coach who less than average as a player. Clearly can't caoch NBL.
DA. Broke. Boone Broke. Brooks, old and not broke. La Melo young and potential but NBA #1 draft pick? Seriously? Lucky to even be mentioned as a draft pick actually.
Ogilvy please just play hard and stop being a whiney bitch.
Froling. Get a hair cut and play hard. Yes you are young but please play like your ol man did HARD.
Red haired kid. Pffft. Watch the tape about how bad you played in limited minutes
Coeneradd olding but can play but please retire after this year.
Blanchfield who?
Naar and Grida try hard but not NBL material.
Its a race between Cairns and the Hawks to see who will be bottom.
Illawarra Vs Cairns on Monday should decide in ROUND 2!!! who will be bottom.

Reply #767428 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Naar and Greda try hard but not nbl quality. Lol. Better not tell the commentators, they think Grida is nba material.

Reply #767432 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Melo showed some flashes but was disappointing.

Boone looks pretty washed up.

Brookes was terrible.

AJ Ogilvy. LMAO.

Is the hawks coach even a coach?

Hawks have some solid pieces vut struggling to out them together.

Cotton was on fire, knew NBA scouts were watching

White has been solid and carrying on his late season form.

Good to see Hunt settle on and find his mojo.

Majok was pretty impressive off the bench.

Wagstaff looks extra old this year.

Reply #767436 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

"Wagstaff looks extra old this year." yeah, im surprised he signed for two years

Reply #767438 | Report this post

D2.0  
Years ago

"I'm picking Perth, becsuse as D2.0 says, its tradition to spank them everytime they come here, especially now that we have Cotton."

Well yeah, that was just plain woeful.
Over by half-time
blow-out by 3/4
then watching the bench and DPs much about for most of the last quarter.

I don't know what Illawarra thought they were doing when they assembled this team, but it hasn't worked.

Lamelo, not surprisingly, looks o be a real talent, and I reckon he will benefit immensely from being in this league. The proof will be in his rookie season.

AJ must have a sore arse because he seems to have stopped flopping. Unfortunately that takes away his only meaningful contribution.

Boone remains a dominant inside big man, but he needs to be partnered with a mobile 4. Instead he's got the giant marshmallow, a geriatric Andersen, and a one-legged Froling.
Whilst outside is a veritable swarm of Point Guards.

For us, Makoj looked like a different player. Clearly he's been told to just be aggressive and crash the boards, and it worked.

Reply #767439 | Report this post

LT Groupie  
Years ago

Jus' got owt on bail from the Rocko Courthouse. Duz any peepz hav tha insyd info on why mah boi LT didn't suit up tonyt? Peace

Reply #767440 | Report this post

ME  
Years ago

Naar is garbage. Grida actually has a lot of potential but is having to do more than he should have to, and too early. Coach is a joke. Rotations bizarre.

Reply #767441 | Report this post

Perthworld  
Years ago

"Wagstaff looks extra old this year." yeah, im surprised he signed for two years

Wow, two more years. I assumed he had retired until seeing him last week in Round 1.

Reply #767443 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

How long until there is a coup and Lavar takes over as coach?

Reply #767444 | Report this post

Perthworld  
Years ago

Hopefully that happens when they have no shot at playoffs purely from an entertainment perspective.

Reply #767446 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Wagstaff just looks like one of those guys that played on a year too long. Doesn't necessarily do anything terribly wrong, but just looks super old out there and like he is a step or two behind the other 9 guys on the court. If he was more a locker room presence that was the 11th man grtting paid peanuts and not seeing court time then meh maybe its not that bad, but he really looks out of place on the court now imo.

God help us if he plays on next year.

Reply #767447 | Report this post

J  
Years ago

Wagstaff is fine and will be fine, he came on cold and it showed, but he us a clever player and a vet, they make big plays when required, juat like hire did last year.

Blanchfield only getting six shots is a disgrace for hawks

Reply #767449 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I take it all back, hawks plain suck. What is that starting 5?!? Gross. Should be lamelo, Brooks, blanch, Coenraad and Boone starting. Why are scrubs getting bulk minutes? Get legit PF, not 3 old slow hybrid C/PF's. Not too worried about Brooks, first time in Perth, didn't know what hit him.

Reply #767451 | Report this post

UseTaHoop  
Years ago

"Oglivy under 10.5 points at Perth arena was the easiest money I've ever made"

You even found a bookie to take that bet? I'm not a betting man, but the bookies must have no clue about Australian basketball.

Reply #767456 | Report this post

Perth Wilburs  
Years ago

Anyone can please tell me where I can find the Press conference for last night's game and for every game for that matter?

Reply #767478 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I watched both on Twitter last night

Reply #767479 | Report this post

Perth Wilburs  
Years ago

Thanks. Shame NBL doesn't upkeep their website with game videos like press conferences. NBL Leaves alot to be desired.

Reply #767481 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I agree it is a shame. Press conferences should either be linked in each game recap or have their own video category. The NBL is depriving itself of a lot of views just be being disorganised.

Reply #767483 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Yes there stats page still running last seasons if I'm correct, instead trying to change it all the time just get it accurate and up too date.

Reply #767485 | Report this post

D2.0  
Years ago

Wagstaff was given 2 years, I'd imagine, to stop him going to SEM. Remember that teams need to have their 5 under $500k, so he remains good value.

He would normally be injected early, in the first round of subs, to provide a steadying influence off he bench, but there was no need. By the time he did get on, the game was over, so not much intensity.

In a "perfect" game he's always going to be a little redundant, but if there is an injury, or Kay gets in foul trouble, or the game is on the line, his experience will be invaluable.

Reply #767490 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Crowd was 13,350

7th highest crowd for a Wildcats home game, not far odd the 13,600ish max capacity

Reply #767501 | Report this post

J  
Years ago

Press conference was on the nbl app last night, always is. It's 2019, surely its a logical place to check.

Reply #767505 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Do the hawks have room for another import?

Reply #767713 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

what happened with Brooks 3 pts 14 minutes

Reply #767726 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 12:26 pm, Fri 26 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754