Alfonso Ball
Years ago

NBL Cheerleaders

I was watching some NBL on TV at my parents house recently and my dad was sitting with me - he doesn't like basketball but occasionally he will make some quick basketball small talk with me to be polite because he knows I like it - so he is looking at the TV and the second quarter has just ended - they are going to a break and they show a couple of seconds of some hot cheerleaders before going to commercials and my dad asks me " Why don't they show the cheerleaders?" I told him I didn't know but that when I was a kid in the 90s they seemed to show a lot more of them. It did seem like years you got to see a lot more of our NBL cheerleaders in the 90s hey. I used to hate the Melbourne Tigers but I always thought they had the hottest cheerleaders no contest. Oh my God the 90s Melbourne Tigers cheerleaders were hot. Remember the 90s Melbourne Tigers cheerleaders? Anyway my dad is right - you don't see much of the NBL cheerleaders these days - a few seconds if you are lucky. Now in the case of the Adelaide 36ers or New Zealand Breakers cheerleaders I'm fine with that ( what are you feeding your cheerleaders in Adelaide anyway ) but a lot of NBL teams have some seriously hot cheerleaders from what I can tell of the few seconds I get to see of them.

So would you guys agree with me that the NBL needs to show our NBL cheerleaders a lot more respect for all the hard work they are putting in and leave the cameras on them for a lot longer from time to time?

And in your opinion which NBL team has the hottest cheerleaders now that there are no Melbourne Tigers cheerleaders? I'm going to have to go with the Cairns Taipan's cheerleaders for hottest. I would say that Perth Wildcats cheerleaders are the most athletic cheerleaders. And the Adelaide 36ers cheerleaders are the most well fed cheerleaders.

Topic #46105 | Report this topic

koberulz  
Years ago

This thread will go well.

Reply #768853 | Report this post

rjd  
Years ago

If I'm not mistaken, Nicky Whelan was one of those late 90s Tigers cheerleaders and went on to work as an actress in Hollywood. Her role in Hall Pass would probably interest the OP most.

Reply #768855 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Many people on this forum are probably too nerdy to notice them.

Let's go back to crapping on about streaming, commentary etc.

Reply #768856 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I doubt for example Koberulz would find them attractive.

Reply #768858 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Not that there's anything wrong with that.
This is not cheerleaders.com.au

Reply #768916 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Nerd

Reply #768917 | Report this post

PerthDancer  
Years ago

Can't be that hard. Put them in a centralised studio and just cut to them when needed.

Reply #768921 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

lmao

Reply #768923 | Report this post

Yinka Dare  
Years ago

Always thought Sydney kings had the best looking cheerleaders.

Illawarra and Adelaide not so much.

I still remember the days when in nth Melb giants timeouts matt shanahan wouod be looking at the cheer girls and not Brett brown

Reply #768937 | Report this post

rjd  
Years ago

"Put them in a centralised studio and just cut to them when needed."

Brilliant. Flawless plan, unless they wear something similar to the Brazilian woman at the World Cup who distracted Gaze.

Reply #768941 | Report this post

Go Dees  
Years ago

Surely more cheerleaders would be a good thing for all concerned

Reply #768964 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Tell that to the SJW crew ^

Reply #769005 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

NBL Nuffies

Reply #769042 | Report this post

Bear  
Years ago

The OP brings up an interesting point, then proceeds to make it about how the cheerleaders look, sadly losing any credibility the OP may have had in the first instance.

Their looks aside, cheerleaders (both male and female) have been a part of many sports for decades, recently I have read and noticed some sports have removed or changed them significantly.

Grid girls at the Grand Prix comes to mind, also the NRL is an interesting example, the Storm changed to a dance group wearing track suits, however I notice other teams sticking with the more revealing outfits I guess the OP is on about.

I think the people wanting jobs in the dance and entertainment industry should be offered every opportunity, if it is through a sporting club, that's great but this OP's sexist view need not be the focus...

Reply #769264 | Report this post

Reality  
Years ago

@Bear lets be frank no one wants to look at big boned cheerleaders.

Reply #769267 | Report this post

Bear  
Years ago

Facepalm...

Reply #769268 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Even in some countries they are banning ring girls in mma and boxing.

Reply #769269 | Report this post

Reality  
Years ago

The world has gone mad.....these are fair paying jobs for women

Reply #769270 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Sometimes fair paying or alternatively in Adelaide you can do it for no pay but you get free entry to every game you dance in and you get exposure

Reply #769282 | Report this post

Reality  
Years ago

If the person agrees to the terms @anon then free entry and dancing on TV is fair and reasonable.

The cheerleaders can always simply say no.

Reply #769286 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

"then free entry and dancing on TV is fair and reasonable."

Pretty sure these professional dancers would rather get paid in dollars. Dancing on tv doesn't pay the bills.

Reply #769291 | Report this post

Reality  
Years ago

They can simply just not take the work on as NBL cheerleaders its pretty simple.

Last I checked there is a pretty robust jobs market that pays very well for dancing jobs

Reply #769298 | Report this post

Jack Toft  
Years ago

Nothing wrong with the Sixers Cheerleaders Alfonso

Reply #769405 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Melbourne United have hot cheerleaders.

Reply #769427 | Report this post

Reality  
Years ago

Horse for courses but hopefully the fitter one can get all the TV exposure as that will keep the fans engaged and tuned in.

Reply #769433 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I don't mind the Illawarra cheerleaders

Reply #770246 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 4:02 pm, Fri 26 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754