Anonymous
Years ago

Let LaMelo Ball play

Let's be honest the Hawks are trash. But there is hope for the team: Lamelo Ball. Say what you want about the kid he is a stud. Today was some of the best minutes he’s had and he got a near triple double.

Hawks are not going to make playoffs. Just play Ball. Play him 40 mins and let the highlight machine do it’s work. Jersey sales, tv views, sponsors- there’s a lot to be gained. I mean they had 1.9 million viewers on Facebook the other day for a blowout game he was in.

Topic #46183 | Report this topic

D2.0  
Years ago

Yeah, I was hoping for those few more assists,

Had in my Fantasy team since the first round.

Reply #770669 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

He should play.
Hawks are cooked but all eyes on the NBL with Ball and Hampton.

Reply #770675 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Ball, team and coach were very good today. They might surprise a few yet.

Reply #770677 | Report this post

FM  
Years ago

Want to make more money?

Let Gelo replace Boon for now.

Reply #770681 | Report this post

Perthworld  
Years ago

I suggested that a few minutes ago on the Hawks import thread.

They should do it - with a 1-6 record time to go into 100% shitshow mode for all of our personal amusement.

Reply #770682 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Gelo is barely PL level lol, NBL would kill him

Reply #770683 | Report this post

Perthworld  
Years ago

Yeah he sure is but it would be hilarious.

Reply #770684 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

And bring in Lavar as coach

Reply #770685 | Report this post

Perthworld  
Years ago

Excellent.

Reply #770687 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Lame thread.

Reply #770689 | Report this post

Perthworld  
Years ago

To be fair as a head coach Lavar is as credentialed as Matt Flinn.

Reply #770693 | Report this post

Mark  
Years ago

Why is Ball never asked to tuck his shirt in. Only player with shirt loose.

Reply #770695 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Melo has played as much as any 18 year old in the nbl has. Perhaps Sam MaC or David Smith played more back in the day.

RJ has had to fit in with a system and is top 15 in VORP. Might be the better prospect if not the best player on the team.

Reply #770697 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

The fact he is just playing is one of the Hawks' biggest issues, bad decision making from their guards has killed their defence. Yesterday was probably the best he's played in the system, and funnily enough it was the Hawks' best defensive game and they had a chance to win.

Reply #770710 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

#770697 - I reckon Andrew might have played a few more minutes than those guys listed...but point taken. As would Heal and Perry btw.

Reply #770711 | Report this post

Reality  
Years ago

Brooks and Boone need to go.

LaMelo is playing far to much as thats why they aren't wiining games.

Reply #770714 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Ball was actually pretty ordinary yesterday.

Reply #770715 | Report this post

AngusH  
Years ago

I thought Ball was pretty good yesterday, outside of nearly all his 3pt attempts (as usual). Even when he makes them they aren't particularly good shots, and all it does is encourage him to take another one. Ideally he should be only shooting 3pt shots on open spot up attempts. Overall though he has been better than I expected. Put him in an NBA setting surrounded by guys who can get out on the break and finish and I think he'll be worthy of whatever draft slot he ends up in. His shot isn't great, but that's the easiest part of the game to fix - all it takes is time and effort.

Reply #770723 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Brooks is done for the season and Olgun says they're looking for a SG, so that puts PG duties more firmly on Ball and Naar.

Reply #770788 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

"Ball was actually pretty ordinary yesterday"

Sorry but IMO he has been pretty ordinary since the Blitz. Undoubtedly he has potential but his game is pretty ordinary so far. A few good dunks and a few good games, almost a double double y'day and no W's to speak of. Beating Cairns by 1 point hardly counts.
Top 10 my arse/

Reply #770802 | Report this post

AussiePride  
Years ago

Disagree with some here. The guy has extraordinary talent. As expected he has a few deficiencies at this point but overall he is going to be an absolute bonus for this team and league. Brings the X Factor which is difficult to find.

Obviously he is not going to satisfy the he has to be perfect in every department crowd that will not give any props unless he is 'LeBron level' but in the You Tube era this is par for the course!

Reply #770839 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

He's young and raw so he'll make mistakes, but he's still been pretty good this year.

IMO he's the best player on this Hawks team right now with Brooks out. Although maybe that just says a lot about the trouble the Hawks are in lol.

Reply #770841 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 6:47 am, Sat 27 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754