?????
Years ago

Earliest year you ever played at Hillcrest?

With the nostalgia of Hillcrest closing - I was wondering what is your earliest game ?

Mine was later 1970s - can recall it was Summer - around 1978.

Fantastic to see all the planning, support and hard work pay off for those that invested in the vision of a new stadium. A huge population now in the Oakden, Lightsview, Mawson Lakes area. Well done.

Topic #46194 | Report this topic

Anonymous  
Years ago

Nice article too by Boti about the move. The new stadium courts are fantastic

Reply #770919 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

http://www.botinagy.com/blog/rockets-see-the-lights/

Reply #770949 | Report this post

Anon  
Years ago

Early 90's! Such a shed but the club has the best culture. My junior plays first game at lights next weekend,can’t wait.

Such a nice stadium!! Easily best in Adelaide now

Reply #771029 | Report this post

Anon  
Years ago

First run through the Lights last night and again the this morning. Very impressive setup, particularly the two show courts. Plenty of parking- front park was packed but plenty in the back car park.
Lots of seating and imagine for Premier League they have a retractable grandstand on court two. Upstairs viewing and bar area with plenty of room.
Floor looks good no idea how good it will play. Rings will be be good in a month or two need to be broken in a bit.

Reply #771721 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

All five courts meet all FIBA requirements for size, run-off and court floors. The floors look amazing but it is what you can't see which are amazing. I heard a rumour, not true how true it is, but an extra $1mill was requested of council to ensure the best floors possible. This request was approved

Free standing NBL type rings on showcourt and all other courts have built in shot clocks with a less intrusive support system than the ARC. All of a sudden clubs North of Greenhill road have the best facilities to operate out of. The Lights is now the benchmark for all future stadiums in SA

Reply #771923 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 9:10 pm, Fri 26 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754