Anonymous
Years ago

Didi Injured?

10 mins last game no foul trouble? Did he get injured?

Topic #46272 | Report this topic

Zodiac  
Years ago

Yes

Reply #772742 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Clearly didn't watch the game.

Reply #772752 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

"Clearly didn't watch the game."
Wow - Brilliant Deduction shit-4-brains

Reply #772759 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

How dare you not watch the game then ask questions about it! You've ruined that anons day!

Reply #772760 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

How did you know this? Read the stats and make a stupid assumption?

Reply #772785 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

"How did you know this? Read the stats and make a stupid assumption?"

How has he made a stupid assumption, Didi is injured therefore his assumption is correct.

A stupid assumption would be Hawks are signing LiAngelo becasuse LaMelo plays for them.

Reply #772816 | Report this post

Norm  
Years ago

This is ridiculous! Why should any one take the time to respond to an innocent question on a forum in regards to the injury status of a player...
My thoughts are before anyone asks a question at a miniumum; they inform us if they were at the game or not. Also provide the forum some kind of evidence to prove that they have fully researched the topic and cant find a response elswhere.
Only then will the question be taken on face value or the poster risks being told they have "shit-4-brains" by those that reside on this forum.

Reply #772853 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Remove anonymous posting and most of the shit-posting will go with it, IMO.

Reply #772860 | Report this post

AngusH  
Years ago

^^^

(that was me, ironically... :p)

Reply #772861 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I agree with anon and Angus. This forum allows never-ending vitriol from anonymous posters, but the occasional joke thread is frowned upon and removed immediately.

Reply #772862 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

FYI Didi is training and ready to go

Reply #772866 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

If you remove anonymity, people with good information won't post. It’s a catch 22, even some posters with handles are crap as well.

Reply #772878 | Report this post

AngusH  
Years ago

The ratio of "good information" anon posters to shit-post anon posters is roughly 1:10000000. Not sure it's worth it, as any good information posts are treated equal to the "Carmello Anthony to the Hawks" posts anyway.

Reply #772880 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

"If you remove anonymity, people with good information won't post. "

When was the last bit of "good" information was posted by an anon?

Reply #772882 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Anon tipped an overtime win by three to kings v Adelaide the other day. That was good. They come up with player moments in various leagues, again sometimes right sometimes wrong.

Reply #772885 | Report this post

AngusH  
Years ago

A fluked game result prediction and a few successful hits on free agency news, versus countless shit-posts from toxic trolls. Sounds like a good deal.

Reply #772886 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

"Anon tipped an overtime win by three to kings v Adelaide the other day. That was good."

Yeah, lucky they shared that inside info! If everyone had a username, predictions would drop dramatically!

Reply #772887 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Angush
Why so angry? It's a thread about Didi not the Angush have a cry thread.

Reply #772888 | Report this post

AngusH  
Years ago

Can you please create a thread for it so I can take my crying there, thanks

Reply #772889 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Great idea using a nick. That worked well for Ozhoops.

Reply #772891 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Ozhoops was infinitely better than this forum.

Reply #772894 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Indeed. Ozhoops is dead now.

Reply #772901 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

(Can you please create a thread for it so I can take my crying there, thanks)

Create your own thread somewhere else

Reply #772906 | Report this post

Jetts Dreads  
Years ago

Is there a forum that we can discuss NBL without anon's and 99% flogs? Hook me up!

Reply #772949 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

interbasket

Reply #772952 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

"Remove anonymous posting and most of the shit-posting will go with it, IMO."

I dont see this as an issue of anonymity, since the nature of the Internet and forum confir that anyway.
It's more about limiting the impact of the psychotic misanthropes. You know who I mean, the keyboard stalkers who only ever post to attack somebody else. Their posting styles may differ, some even try to sound reasonable in their attacks, but ultimately they all seem to share the same personality disorders.
As soon as you put any sort of name to your post, in their tiny little obsessive minds you become a potential target.

Its a shame because there are still some reasonable people here (and were a lot more before) and I would prefer to be able to engage with them at a conversational level, but its just not worth the aggravation. The dickheads have spoiled this place.

Reply #772954 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

A lot of anons suggesting I do away with anonymous posting. AngusH - ironically, you weren't logged in for any of your posts in this thread, though I obviously appreciate that you use a consistent alias. But I would be more encouraged to change the style of the forum if more people logged in and used an alias without being forced to.

For anyone interested, ratio of thread replies from logged in users to non since the start of the year: 1.37:1. Reasonably broad blocks of IPs are forced to login to post which has probably helped that.

Of the anonymous posts, about half are from people who are logged in but not using an alias. I wrote some code that I never implemented that randomly chose an alias from a generated list of 400k+ for these people until they settled on one. Some were quite catchy:

Inferior Taupe Hedgehog
Peewee Rose Sheep
Skimp Olive Bandicoot
Helpless Brown Barnacle
Wimpy Copper Capybara
Peanut Purple Jackal
Failing Puce Quokka
Failing Magenta Lizard
Petty Sage Donkey
Skimp Fuchsia Mole
Sapless Taupe Moth
Peanut Cherry Boar
Scared Sienna Ocelot
Ragged Carmine Tapir
Ratty Moss Lizard
Rickety Magenta Beetle
Ragged Slate Beagle
Petty Cyan Zorse
Unconvincing Brown Moth
Petty Cerise Catfish

Anyway, a change from anonymous posting is a bit more nuanced than people think otherwise I would've gradually introduced it. It's in the forever-in-development Hoops rebuild that I work on between xmas and NYE each year and then run out of time before launching.

Reply #772968 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Your efforts, and your patience, are definitely appreciated Isaac. Thank you for all you do, and for all you provide.

Reply #772971 | Report this post

Buckshot  
Years ago

Shotgun 'Failing Puce Quokka'... my son has a Quokka hat his Nonna brought back from WA and it's the bomb... almost want to switch allegiance from the Bullets to Wildcats

Reply #772973 | Report this post

Wang whipper  
Years ago

LOL at anons demanding an end to anonymity. Even if everyone had to have a nickname, what would it achieve? There is still zero accountability. People could still have a shitposting alter ego.

I Agree with the anon (not me!) above - the problem with this board is not anonymity but a few aggro weirdos. Not all posts have to be serious but posters who do nothing but troll and attack other posters add nothing.

Reply #772976 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Its not so much having a name (which we know is not going to reveal anything about the individual anyway), its that if someone with a name (lets say Dazz or koberulz) posts something, you can almost guarantee that an anon will follow up with a post that personally attacks them, and they do it because they know they will get away with it.

If they were made to register and choose a name, such as "inquisitive" or “Bruce from Tasmania” then you'd start to work out that this person has got an axe to grind with the world which is why he continually attacks people for no reason.

Reply #772995 | Report this post

Anon.  
Years ago

I think the problem is Adelaide and Perth supporters.

Reply #773001 | Report this post

AngusH  
Years ago

To swing it the other way, I would log in if forced to. :D

it's pure laziness on my part that I don't - I rotate between 3 or 4 browsers most days here in the office depending on what I happen to be working on, and although I find it a pain in the ass logging in to reddit/other random forums, I don't have a choice so I do.

I don't want to sound ungrateful either, definitely appreciate all the work you put into this place. I'll grumble and moan about troll anons (while not being logged in), but I still check back every couple of hours to see which former NBA All-Star or Ball brother will be next to sign with the Hawks...

Reply #773004 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Regular solid posters are allowed to gripe. I don't mind. Aggressive idiots are everywhere and I block/contain more than many realise, but otherwise the failings are on the platform. Needs a karma system, needs stronger encouragement for aliases/logins, etc. Hey, it's almost xmas which means the New Hoops moves a fraction closer to being finished.

Reply #773010 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

This is how I see it ......No Didi's not injured

Reply #773144 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 3:43 pm, Fri 26 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754