Couldn't find any other thread.

Topic #46311 | Report this topic

Anonymous  
Years ago

That was the latest cross court call ever

Reply #773429 | Report this post

J  
Years ago

Will weaver not upset after that joke of a late cross court that favoured the home team...

Reply #773430 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Late and also incorrect

Reply #773431 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

It was so late i thought they were calling Perth for 8 seconds or something

Reply #773432 | Report this post

Botiworld  
Years ago

Not like Jack to miss a Perf write up but he is only human.
I sense a sneaky Perth upset.

Reply #773433 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Syd still undermanned so maybe bit I still think they will win

Reply #773434 | Report this post

UseTaHoop  
Years ago

Hard to justify calling Sydney "undermanned" with the highest paid roster in NBL history.

Reply #773435 | Report this post

UseTaHoop  
Years ago

I'm still interested in the wider variety of ads on Viceland.

Industry super fund (big spenders on advertising)
Vitamin company (with Chemist Warehouse, have they convinced business partners it’s a good option).

Seems to me like there might be expanded corporate interest in the league.

Reply #773436 | Report this post

Manu Fieldel  
Years ago

Said it before and I'll say it again. Anstey on the mic is great

Reply #773437 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

He's got a great voice for charades

Reply #773438 | Report this post

J  
Years ago

Dont think ive ever seen damo stop, look at the ref and not play defensive transition, maybe he got fouled... probably weavers home team thing

Reply #773440 | Report this post

Beantown  
Years ago

Sydney are playing with 4 imports and they're undermanned?! Right-o anon

Reply #773441 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Kings played like trash most of that half but still in front

Reply #773442 | Report this post

Luuuc  
Years ago

It really didn't feel like a high scoring half to me but the scoreline says otherwise.
Hopefully someone feels like giving Cotton a hand in the 2nd half or else it's not going to end well for the Cats.

Reply #773444 | Report this post

Bol  
Years ago

Terrico doing the usual MIA then explodes for 20 in the second half

Reply #773447 | Report this post

Red74  
Years ago

Cats can't keep playing Damo (as much as I love his defence) and hunt together. It's basically 3 v 5 on offence cos neither can really shoot!

Reply #773448 | Report this post

J  
Years ago

Why os that a foul?

Reply #773449 | Report this post

J  
Years ago

Surely bogut pushed him out there? If it was a foul on cotton earlier...

Reply #773451 | Report this post

Red74  
Years ago

Typical Gleeson same subs as always..... don't try anything new numbnuts

Reply #773452 | Report this post

Luuuc  
Years ago

Yikes

Reply #773453 | Report this post

Timberball  
Years ago

If the Kings can't hold this lead I'm sure the league will change the rules to help get them the win.

Reply #773454 | Report this post

Manu Fieldel  
Years ago

Bang! DAGGER.

Game over with 4 minutes remaining in the third term.

Safe travels, Perth

Reply #773456 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I look away for a few minutes and kings start blwoing us away. Jesus

Reply #773457 | Report this post

Btown  
Years ago

When your hot your hot. No team could stop that 3 point shooting streak, mostly contested shots.

Reply #773458 | Report this post

Luuuc  
Years ago

Perth's scoring drought was the problem more than the Kings hitting some tough ones IMO.

Reply #773459 | Report this post

UseTaHoop  
Years ago

Third quarters been very decisive this round.

I was expecting a close game going down to the wire. Very wrong I was.

I can see Perth closing, but running out of steam.

Reply #773460 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

There is no way idiots still think bogut is better than long

Reply #773461 | Report this post

J  
Years ago

Not sure what you can do with that casper 3, pretty sure if it was ware driving on that last play not cotton he would have had freethrows...

Reply #773462 | Report this post

Luuuc  
Years ago

Terrico doing the usual MIA then explodes for 20 in the second half

Well he has certainly lived up to the MIA part of the plan.

Reply #773463 | Report this post

UseTaHoop  
Years ago

Does Kay always screen with his leg and hip out to interfere with the D?

I always thought he was a clean player

Reply #773464 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Louzada is an absolute cheat code for such a deep team. Tate the ideal import to go with the huge pieces. Hard to see them not taking the chip this year, with everything starting on the defensive end.

Reply #773465 | Report this post

Bol  
Years ago

Can someone help Bryce this is ridiculous

Reply #773466 | Report this post

Timberball  
Years ago

Well the league will get what they want in the end, a Sydney championship. If it's not this year they'll allow them to have 5 imports next year, 6 the next and so on.
Cats playing pathetic.

Reply #773467 | Report this post

Bol  
Years ago

Steindl, whoa whoa whoa what is he good for

Reply #773469 | Report this post

LV  
Years ago

Sydney then....

Da..

I mean, Sydney then United. Then Perth.

Reply #773470 | Report this post

Btown  
Years ago

With white gone missing this game and hunt having to be benched as the need for 3 point shots and peremiter defense to stay in the game excalated extremely quick meant Perth just had no offensive punch outside of Cotton with 36.

If louzada and ware are hitting tough shots in a game there's no way kings lose.

Reply #773471 | Report this post

J  
Years ago

Didis english is really coming along... thank goodness he is a next star. Wonder if gaze would be saying its great to have international flavour if didi was a next star in perth.

Reply #773473 | Report this post

Luuuc  
Years ago

Sydney's defence doesn't get enough love IMO.

Reply #773474 | Report this post

Didi being a next star is cheating , he played pro ball in Brazil and has been drafted. Sydney will cheat their way to the championship.

Reply #773477 | Report this post

Perth Wilburs  
Years ago

Hard for Perth when Sydney Kings have Adam Forde. He knows the Wildcats inside out.

Reply #773478 | Report this post

Btown  
Years ago

"Steindl, whoa whoa whoa what is he good for"

He must shoot at an incredible clip at practice to get a green light that big. But I also think Gleeson knows he needs to keep playing him to get out of the funk because Perth are limited for genuine scoring.

Reply #773479 | Report this post

Bol  
Years ago

Btown i think hunt was benched because he was trash and no other reason

Reply #773480 | Report this post

Bol  
Years ago

I have changed my opinion on hunt. I think they need to bite the bullet and upgrade on the center position. And it doesn't help when white goes MIA too often also theres too much scoring load left up to cotton

Reply #773481 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

only a month into the season and Perth fans on social media are already sounding salty as hell now that it is clear they won't be the champs

Reply #773489 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Perth fans salty as hell

Reply #773493 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Maybe the Perth fans and the Adelaide fans can do a meet up where they can all cry on each others shoulders and share the tissues. Cryfest2k20

Reply #773495 | Report this post

AngusH  
Years ago

Best home game I've been to in years as far as atmosphere goes. That was amazing.

Reply #773498 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Be careful Angus, some knob Perth supporter will soon come in here claiming he was there and there was no atmosphere.. LOL. Impressive team you have this year mate.

Reply #773499 | Report this post

Moose  
Years ago

Cat Chat is lit right now! Join our community.

Reply #773500 | Report this post

Perthworld  
Years ago

Lit as in like a dumpster fire I imagine.

Reply #773501 | Report this post

Cat Chat community ?

Reply #773502 | Report this post

Bol  
Years ago

Its little wonder why the atmosphere was great today. Sydney were super impressive at both ends. Its great for the league that they are playing attractive basketball and filling the stadium.

I wouldn't mind seeing a Kings v United finals series

Reply #773503 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Amazing the difference a drafted next gen star makes to an already expensively assembled team

Reply #773504 | Report this post

AngusH  
Years ago

^^ Agree, it's amazing!

Reply #773505 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Family of 4 tickets were $20 for the kings game today. You would think they could fill out the stadium at that price.

Reply #773506 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Would perth look into signing James Wiseman? They could surely use him, there season looks over.

Reply #773507 | Report this post

D2.0  
Years ago

Finally!
Great to see that Perth is bringing back "The Perth Wall"

Albeit one brick at a time.
(Yeah, I know, "Dad Joke", but its either laugh or cry.)

Trev really needs to come up with a new "Plan B".
Terrico has had some brilliant games, and clutch buckets, but he's inconsistent, and today I think we saw the worst of that.

There's a fundamental issue with Perth. When Martin has hot ahnds (which is often) he'll nail a few, but his strengths lay elsewhere. Hence we have always relied on two things: Good Overall D, to limit the Opposition,
and reasonable production from the other starters. Today that was obviously left to Cotton & Kay.

Was Damo injured? I must have missed it, but I'll check the replay later.

As for Didi, he had a shit-hot game, and yeah if he starts doing that ever game, the NBl may have to revise that rule. But lets not forget that Sydney only have 3 imports because they signed Taylor as an injury replacement, so they could have brought Didi in as an import anyway.
End of the day, props to Sydney & Didi for a great game, but Perth have nobody to blame but themselves.

Reply #773509 | Report this post

D2.0  
Years ago

Correction:
"When Martin has hot HANDS (which is NOT often) he'll nail a few, but his strengths lay elsewhere."

Reply #773510 | Report this post

cosby  
Years ago

Just give the championship to Sydney.

Reply #773511 | Report this post

Trev  
Years ago

It's hard to compete when you're up against four imports. If the Kings want to play dirty off the court, the Wildcats needs to play dirty on the court.

Reply #773517 | Report this post

krayola  
Years ago

Wow some seriously salty people on here.

I agree that Sydney are over the cap, right? But Melbourne would surely be too in that case. Start calling them out.

That would be Sydney cheating. But they don't have four imports and the NBL allowed the Didi signing (dunno why but its not the Kings fault). I guess SEM have four imports too but it's just that two of them are shit?

Weavers acting the other day was a disgrace. I doubt it would have actually gained any support from the refs though? And if it does then doesn't it just benefit every team on the road, including Perth today who were the road team?

It was Perth who lost the game today. No one besides Ware could score and I dunno why Gleeson didn't play their third import a bit more.

As for the crowd, unlike, say, Perth, there's actually other stuff to do on a Sunday arvo in Sydney. The crowd is close to what the A-League and NRL get, good for a sport without anywhere near the coverage.

Reply #773518 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Sydney then day light has been quoted a lot in the last few seasons, it hasn't worked out that way. There’s a long way to go, you still got beat Perth or Melbourne for the chip.

Reply #773520 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Salty salty Perth Fans. It's not enough that for the first time since the hammer, Sydney look like an awesome team. Give credit where it is due. Sydney played lockdown D and Perth stunk it up in the third quarter. Don’t give us this four imports crap and crying about how lucky the Kings are this season. You sound like Gaze commentating throughout the game.

Reply #773521 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

To be fair, Gaze did throw props to his boy Lisch during the game.

Reply #773524 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Was that before or after he said that the Kings got a "favourable schedule" which he implied helped them get their current record? Or was it after he said that there was a better OMG player moment than Bogut blocking the crap out of that helpless Perth dude? Gaze has got to realise he was an excellent player but an absolutely rubbish coach.

Reply #773525 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

They did have a very favourable schedule to start the season.

Reply #773527 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Yep, playing Melbourne on Monday night (and losing to the refs), then going to Brisbane on Friday and playing Perth today? Sounds like a cakewalk.

Reply #773528 | Report this post

Perthworld  
Years ago

It's not enough that for the first time since the hammer, Sydney look like an awesome team.

Huh? They had an even more awesome team after Heal left.

Reply #773532 | Report this post

Luuuc  
Years ago

Give credit where it is due. Sydney played lockdown D and Perth stunk it up in the third quarter.

Quite true. There was under 3 minutes left in the 3rd quarter when we scored our 5th point of the quarter.

Reply #773535 | Report this post

Luuuc  
Years ago

I admit it sucks to lose by 20 on the road vs Sydney seeing as they're cheaters and no one can compete with cheaters and it's not fair and waaahhh.
Give me a fair fight every time, thanks. Like when the Taipans visited Perth in round 3.

Reply #773538 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

White one from nine and Steindl one from eight. Newley, Tate and Moller clamp. Weaver is very good at rotating his players in and out.

Reply #773541 | Report this post

Unfortunately Stiendl had a bad year, has not been able to carry over preseason form.

Reply #773549 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

If cheating is "within the rules" is it still cheating? - I guess not. - Unless the rules themselves are a cheat.
The rules for Next Stars were clearly defined and understood by everyone. There weren't many top quality candidates available, so well done to hawks, NZ, and SEM for getting theirs. - Brisbane and Perth wanted to sign local Next Stars and were told that whilst the rules didn't distinguish it wasn't within the spirit or aims of the Next Stars. - Then Sydney want to bring in a player already drafted and lo & behold the rules magically change.
When the league was controlled by both a salary and points cap it didn't stop people constantly whinging that Perth were somehow cheating - even though the points were published for everyone to see. - When Perth used the Oceania rule to sign two bench chumps, the crying in this forum went on all year.
Sydney are paying Bogut more than any other player in history and until they signed Ware more than double what any other players gets. - But thanks to the marquee rule they pay almost no tax on his salary. Within the rules yes - fair no.
Melbourne spends a lot - but they stick to their budget - so do Perth. - Sydney keeps spending more and more money until they win. Within the rules yes - fair no.
Perth loses a player to injury - they elevate a DP. Sydney loses a player to injury - they buy the contract of a highly paid import. - Within the rules yes. Fair no.

Reply #773550 | Report this post

Perthworld  
Years ago

There is a recent Cairns Post article behind a paywall about how the Taipans were close to signing LaMelo. It may provide further insight into Next Stars if someone can copy the article?

Reply #773551 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

We can summarise this as:
Anything Perf does is cheating cos Perf sucks and Trev is a Whinger.
Anything Sydney does to beat Perg is legit cos Perf sucks and Trev is Salty.

Reply #773554 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

What is this niff nuff saying about cheating? All of these options are available to ALL teams. If you dont have the cash, then dont whinge if someone else does. Its always different if the it is YOUR team thats winning. Must be a millenial Perth victim. Greta fan by any chance?

Reply #773556 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Wish people would shut their cunty mouths in regards to the 4 imports at Sydney.
No rules broken move on cockheads.

Reply #773562 | Report this post

Luuuc  
Years ago

Unfortunately Stiendl had a bad year, has not been able to carry over preseason form.

IMO he is not actually playing that bad. His shots aren't dropping, but I'm pretty sure they will eventually because he's a solid shooter.

Reply #773566 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

562 you kiss your mom with that mouth? Shameful.

Reply #773567 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Kiss your mum and Perthworld's mum lol.

Reply #773571 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Creative

Reply #773575 | Report this post

koberulz  
Years ago

IMO he is not actually playing that bad. His shots aren't dropping, but I'm pretty sure they will eventually because he's a solid shooter.
We've been saying that for three years now.

Reply #773590 | Report this post

Andrew  
Years ago

Kings are cheating having such a calm coach

Reply #773594 | Report this post

Jackson  
Years ago

So unfair for an owner to hire a better coach, from another country, who puts together a better team, and then coaches better than everybody else. Very unfair.

Reply #773595 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

You all know that these same next star players were presented to ALL the teams right?
Perth could of made a play at Didi and Lamelo but passed.

Reply #773600 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I would like to see local next star signings next year and beyond imagine Wigness, King, Giddey etc playing NBL instead of NCAA.

Reply #773618 | Report this post

Moose  
Years ago

Next stars choose their location after clubs say they are interested.

Reply #773619 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

"Perth could of made a play at Didi and Lamelo but passed"

Wrong.

Reply #773620 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Wrong? What do you mean wrong? They did have a chance and passed on making a spot available. The next star could choose where they wanted to go but Perth didn't even make a spot available.

Reply #773622 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

"Wrong? What do you mean wrong? They did have a chance and passed on making a spot available. The next star could choose where they wanted to go but Perth didn't even make a spot available."

I think Perth passed on Lamelo, but i believe Sydney was the only team who had a chance to sign Didi. Pretty sure they went directly to the league asking basically for the rules to be changed to allow them to sign Didi. The league didn't come out and change the rules, Sydney went and asked.

Reply #773624 | Report this post

J  
Years ago

Considering the kings went to the league seeking permission for didi to magically fit the rule, common sense suggests it was a done deal to the kings. I recall the world ending when perth got earnest ross.... he was avg at best, didi is way ahead, but its not a worry...

Reply #773625 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Didi didn't have a G league club to go to, they looked for an nbl club and wanted Sydney. Every other club had chance to get a second round selection from the nba but didn’t or nba clubs preferred stashing them in the G league. Cairns last season were unlucky as the rule didn’t allow them the same as this season on Devin Hall who in the end wasn’t that good.

Reply #773629 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

"Every other club had chance to get a second round selection from the nba"

Every other club has had a chance to get a second round selection from the NBA for the last five seasons as an import, only this season the league bent the rules to suit one team.

Reply #773631 | Report this post

AngusH  
Years ago

Pre-Perth game: Sydney haven't played anyone, their record isn't impressive.
Post-Perth game: Sydney are cheats.

Reply #773633 | Report this post

Senator11  
Years ago

Kings smashed us, if we stopped turning the ball over in the first half like we were, we prob would have gone into the 2nd half 10 points up and still gotten smashed, Kings were shooting lights out and Cotton was asked to do to much too late. Kay basically ignored on offence in the first half then allowed to do what he does best once the game was over. If Kings can stay healthy they will be hard to beat come finals, but I think that's a big if, Didi goes to the locker room almost as much as Anthony Davis does, Lisch has "old man calves" disease, Bogut has had an impossible schedule for someone already with an injury prone history. They need a lot to go right or it will be Casper trying the carry the team like Randle did when he was at the King's and everyone was injured, Ware is the piece they were missing to win the title though, huge improvement over Randle. Taylor looks like he doesn't fit with the lineup so would be surprised if they kept him once Lisch comes back. Still a long way to go, but Kings are in the box seat, hopefully we can bring them back down to earth next time they're back in Perth.

Reply #773634 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Pre-Didi: Every other club cheats, this is ridiculous. The league favours Melbourne and Perth.
Post-Didi: This is fine, the league changed the rules for us but other clubs just need to do be more savvy.

Reply #773635 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Every one still underestimating the kings bench, Kickett, Moller, Bruce doing exceptional, even Walker doing ok in limited minutes. Lisch returning and Bogut staying healthy will be very tough. Perth and United still right in this as it ain't won in November though but kings do seem to have more improvements.

Reply #773638 | Report this post

AngusH  
Years ago

"Pre-Didi: Every other club cheats, this is ridiculous. The league favours Melbourne and Perth.
Post-Didi: This is fine, the league changed the rules for us but other clubs just need to do be more savvy."

Said no one. I've said many times on this board over the past couple of years that I wish the league wasn't so autocratic and rules were announced (well) in advance of any relevant signings. Hell, if it were up to me only teams finishing in the bottom 4 the previous season would be eligible for Next Stars. The fact that other owners aren't complaining about this and other changes makes me suspect that it's not as a big a deal internally as it appears to us on the outside - maybe plenty of notice is given and everyone is aware of the changes. It's not a good look though, and creates more than enough room for suspicion from the outside.

Reply #773641 | Report this post

Senator11  
Years ago

"It's not a good look though, and creates more than enough room for suspicion from the outside."

This was already confirmed when the NBL owner also owns NBL clubs...any other competition with a conflict of interest to the same level?

Reply #773642 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Na it'll be fine. I mean its not like the league has ever had a precedent of letting Sydney win at all costs which ended up seeing the Kings lose fans, lose their club, and almost destroy the league.

Reply #773643 | Report this post

AngusH  
Years ago

I think Firepower being a complete con-job was largely the reason for that.

Reply #773647 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

They still weren't sustainable then and considering the crowd yesterday I'm not sure they are now.

Reply #773650 | Report this post

Zodiac  
Years ago

The Kings got 9,665 yesterday, yeah terrible crowd that.

Reply #773652 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Just over half the stadium capacity. And with a team that expensive, how many seats do they need to fill to actually make money?

Reply #773654 | Report this post

Zodiac  
Years ago

No idea what their break even would be but almost 10k is a great crowd for an NBL game, only the Wildcats regularly get more than that.

Reply #773660 | Report this post

AngusH  
Years ago

Yesterday's crowd was great. Not really interested in the capacity of the stadium - a 12-14k stadium is ideal, but there aren't any good alternatives really. I'm going to be interested to see the crowd on Sunday with the Illawarra Melo Ball's in town.

In terms of being profitable, I mean, is that problem limited to Sydney at this point? It's a legit concern long term - short term I think the plan is to spend and put the best product on the court possible and hope that eventually it leads to profits.

Reply #773661 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

According to news reports, this Sunday's game will be a 15,000 sell-out. Sounds great but I'll believe it when I see it.

Reply #773666 | Report this post

Perthworld  
Years ago

How is that a sellout when the stadium capacity is around 20k?

Reply #773671 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

"No idea what their break even would be but almost 10k is a great crowd for an NBL game, only the Wildcats regularly get more than that."

Yes, and knowing what Perth's rough break even point is, then comparing that against what Sydney's salary would be, Sydney aren't looking that good. It can't last.

"is that problem limited to Sydney at this point?"

Definitely not. But as long as we *hope* for profits, what could go wrong?

Reply #773673 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Capacity for basketball at Qudos is around 17500 (20000 for concerts) so the report got that wrong. Perhaps they're hoping for a sell out but 15000 more likely.

Reply #773675 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I keep forgetting that Perth players play for the love of Perth

. There team isn't any different to Sydney re outlay. Cotton it’s well known is on big dollars, White wasn’t coming back so they upped his contract, Kay was United bound till Perth stepped in with big dollars that even United balked at the cost. Steindl was heading SEM till again Perth payed overs, Norton was going to stay under Bevo but joined Perth because Illawarra could not match the offer even when Kay had left and they had more dollars to offer.
United are the biggest spenders, Perth and Sydney behind but ahead of the rest.

Reply #773692 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Sydney spent more than Melbourne, but Perth spending too.. They are sneaky and tried to low ball Prather, which ultimately gave United their first championship win.

Reply #773693 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

"How is that a sellout when the stadium capacity is around 20k?"

Yes, when it'snot in basketball mode.You seriously didn't know that?

Reply #773694 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I've never read so much garbage than that drivel about how much Perth is paying their guys and why.

Reply #773696 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

The truth hurts.

Reply #773702 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Except almost none of it was true. Low effort trolling.

Reply #773703 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 10:19 am, Fri 26 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754