Captain Obvious
Years ago

Basketball Boots shopping Australia

Hi All,
So Christmas is rapidly approaching and with it another set of basketball boots for my son. I'm looking around at a lot of the normal places - House of Hoops, Kickz101 and even the brand websites - Nike as an example. (Kickz101 is normally brilliant to deal with)

However, I'm finding there are really limited options available. Even on the manufacturer website, sizes are super limited.

Does anyone else have a great store to source these? Particularly looking at LeBron XVII or Jordan 34 in size 12.5 or 13.

Appreciate any suggestions. Thanks!

Topic #46319 | Report this topic

Anonymous  
Years ago

Eastbay

Reply #773657 | Report this post

Zodiac  
Years ago

Last week I bought a pair of official NBL brand boots from K-Mart for $30. I bought two pairs a 12 and a 13 to try on properly at home and took the 13's back.

Reply #773658 | Report this post

Captain Obvious  
Years ago

Eastbay has a lot, but with currency conversion it is really expensive.
I.e. LeBron XVII is $200 US on the site - which equals $292.00 in Aus. And that doesn't include shipping costs. The shoes retail for $270 here (if you can find them...)

I know a lot of people use Eastbay though. Any Australian stores anyone suggests?

Reply #773663 | Report this post

Captain Obvious  
Years ago

Zodiac - were they the old Gaze shoes? :)

Reply #773664 | Report this post

Zodiac  
Years ago

No these are a part of the official NBL clothing line sold through K-Mart with the NBL's logo on the tongue they only came out 2-3 weeks ago.

I've still got an old pair of black Gaze's too :)

Reply #773665 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

In Oz I'd say kickz 101 in Melbourne are pretty good

Reply #773670 | Report this post

Hoops Heaven  
Years ago

Try us, based in Perth. Always have new styles and colours coming in. We ship all across Australia.

Reply #773674 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Stick to footlocker Australia. Unless you are after a exclusive colourways which will cost a fair bit up front and then international shipping etc. Sign up be a member get 10% every purchase.

Eastbay was great but with shipping it's now a joke at the aud rate.

Reply #773677 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Kmart or alibaba

Reply #773684 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

look on big feet sneakers on facebook

Reply #773686 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

nike.com for size availability and online ordering

Footlocker Aust.(House of Hoops) if you want to try on before you buy

Eastbay.com has better range of colorways, but is too expensive (better to go to mike.com - where they ship from Netherlands and shipping free over $100 order)

Also worth checking ebay.com.au or ebay.com if you know exactly what you want.

Reply #773710 | Report this post

Ben  
Years ago

Kickz is fairly poor these days.

Best options IMO are all online through Footlocker / Nike / Flight Club / Eastbay. The first two being much better with respect to end costs.

Reply #773741 | Report this post

chillbaby  
Years ago

Throwback at Darlinghurst not too bad - 20% off all stock atm. My kids love going there but also online...

Reply #773751 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Wow, haven't heard anyone call them "basketball boots" in years!

Reply #773754 | Report this post

rjd  
Years ago

I'd only use Eastbay if there is something not available elsewhere. The unfavourable exchange rate and tax applied makes the prices not nearly as attractive as it used to be.

Reply #773816 | Report this post

Jbone  
Years ago

Hoops heaven is really good. Always getting new stock in and guys work there are super helpful. Even online through facebook or website they're helpful. Worth trying them.

Reply #773905 | Report this post

Captain Obvious  
Years ago

Kickz101 was awesome a few years ago, but seem to be lacking stock now.
Nike.com had really limited sizes available online.
Eastbay expensive.
House of hoops/Footlocker also really limited.

In the end I went with Hoops Heaven. Good variety, good size options and really efficient. Very happy. Thanks for the suggestions all.

Reply #773926 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Captain Obvious is a shill for Hoops Heaven!!!!

Reply #773927 | Report this post

Captain Obvious  
Years ago

Actually had never heard of Hoops Heaven prior to the suggestion above. Had only used Kickz101.

I'm just happy I now know of two local (Aus) stores I can use.

I also looked at Throwback and will hopefully get some stuff from there in the future.

Reply #773960 | Report this post

Rasheed30  
Years ago

Summary of Nike Basketball in Australia

Firstly Hoops Heaven is just the old Perth Kickz 101 re-branded.
There selection is better now because Nike are willing to give them product.

Nike don't want to give Kickz 101 decent footwear anymore.

Nike Australia would rather you firstly buy off their website because they get all profits or head to Footlocker because it's easier just to send them everything.

Reply #774261 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 8:18 am, Sat 27 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754