Anonymous
Years ago

Chelsea salary

A current men's player has told me they on over 20k at Chelsea

So make from that what you will

Topic #46442 | Report this topic

Anonymous  
Years ago

I'm at a large club and no player gets close to that in our NBL1 program. Chelsea is a small club and couldn't afford that anyway. The $20k is most likely their budget.

Reply #777465 | Report this post

Anon  
Years ago

20k wow maybe 1 of their bench players, seriously do you actually believe that, Standerfer would be there main $ man and doubt he would be on that and when you add Brasser, Riggs, Enge, Kaba, D'Agustino and others they must be growing and selling some good stuff at the Gulls, good luck to them, good guys good team

Reply #777469 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Standerfer is paid for a lot more than just playing though, including his entire wage in their Big V budget isn't really accurate.

Reply #777476 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Was well known that they paid Riggs $15k-$20k to transfer from Dandenong mid season after they lost a game or 2 and realised they had some real challengers for the title.

Reply #777490 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

A couple of seasons back ^^^

Reply #777492 | Report this post

anonymous  
Years ago

average imports would be getting $18k to $22k in SCM

The local players would greatly vary.

I have heard that allstar calibre locals getting paid less than $5k while other teams have bench guys getting $10k++

Reply #777495 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Imports 1k per game
Good Locals 500 per game
Both figures plus or minus 500 depending on player.

Reply #777501 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

There is no consistency between teams in payments, but $150K would be insane and not sustainable.

NBL1 did an audit of team's total payments after the season and I wish they posted it publicly. They sent it back to the clubs without team names but the number of teams in $10K intervals. It clearly has flaws and could be manipulated by the clubs, but it provides ballpark figures for other clubs.

Not my place to post details as I have not seen it myself, but $150K would be nearly 2.5X the men's NBL1 average.

Reply #777502 | Report this post

anonymous  
Years ago

Most imports would be on a contract lasting from March to August, not a per game basis.

Reply #777503 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

#777490 has no clue. Everyone knows Riggs was paid $120k plus a house and a car. Really??? This forum provides great entertainment to all that read it. Not one fact check in site. It's hilarious!

Reply #777508 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Shanahan and his ego will probably pay himself 80% of that budget!

Reply #777534 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I have on good knowledge 3 imports last season in champ men were on 40k+ deals.

Reply #777537 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Did those imports play for McKinnon, Casey, and Chelsea?

If so, then we both share the same knowledge.

Reply #777542 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Stith went to Knox for way less than $40k so I can guarantee you he wasn't on anywhere near that at McKinnon.

Reply #777544 | Report this post

PersonalFoul  
Years ago

If they want to pay it pay it! Its the clubs value, what is a guy worth to them or the chances of them getting a trophy, promoting the game.

I mean if you're paying for adminstrator ($40k) development coach ($50k) why not package some of that up into a ($45k) import that does both and gets you some W's

Reply #777558 | Report this post

anonymous  
Years ago

Exactly. Each club has a different approach.

If you are talking about bundling coaching roles, admin roles, Aussie hoops etc then the package can easily be $40k+

Pure player payments for oncourt and training payment is likely to be around the $20k mark

Reply #777580 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

The better players in nznbl get around the 40g mark.

Reply #777584 | Report this post

AussiePride  
Years ago

A bloke down the pub told me that "Insert ridiculous claim here".

I wasn't sure to believe him or not!

Reply #777604 | Report this post

Anon  
Years ago

Wow Riggs paid $20k to transfer, it really seems there is a very sour ex coach/player from Chelsea wanting to start something on that club. Most clubs with value don't and wont pay any attention to what other clubs do so it is a shame that some are bad advertisements for their club and just start shit for no reason. Being at a bigger club than Chelsea I know we are paying most because we can afford it and happy too, good luck Gulls you must have some pretty good sponsor.

Reply #778197 | Report this post

Snowy  
Years ago

Seems like a bottomless pit of money for males out that way.would like to know how the ladies feel about it

Reply #778335 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I was told on good authority that Chelsea's five lowest paid players don't fit under the $495K cap.

Reply #778337 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Seems "Snowy" has an ax to grind. Maybe an ex coach or player??

Reply #778341 | Report this post

Anon  
Years ago

Snowy why are so worried and concerned about it mate, did you coach/play there once and didn't get paid enough?

Reply #778354 | Report this post

Ceres32  
Years ago

Snowy needs to give it a rest and get a life

Reply #778366 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Who cares what the hell they spend as long as it is equitable across the guys and girls.

Seems to be a lot of people saying the same thing tho. Not sure I hold much hope that it is fair.

Reply #778564 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Why does it need to be equitable across the teams? What if one team brings in more sponsors and spectators? What if the market for players for one team is more expensive than for the other?

Reply #778572 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Also why does it need to be equitable across leagues ??
If NBL1 clubs don't have that type of money then that should not be a concern for lower level teams.

Just because players are on an NBL1 roster doesn’t mean they are a higher standard than players at Big V levels.

There are plenty of ordinary players playing NBL1, just a matter of situation and location most of the times.

Reply #778577 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I don't know why everyone is quoting figures. A quick google search and I was able to find the actual salaries.

www.spotrac.com/epl/chelsea-f.c/payroll/

People were close. Just needed to change the K into M.

Reply #778583 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Not sure the men bringing in 80 spectators versus the women 50 would make much difference to the income of the club.

Reply #778613 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Vast majority of the spectators get in free for the men. Trying to boost numbers

Reply #778784 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Does anyone else care other than snowey and the two anons boring everyone to tears. Just get down and volunteer to help around the place or go and support someone else for gods sake.

Reply #778797 | Report this post

Anon  
Years ago

As mentioned Snowy and the anons are either ex player/coaches or just envy from another club, agree you guys are getting boring try chess people might excite your life, wow but then what would the pawn get paid compared to the rook!

Reply #778812 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Oops wrong thread

Reply #824423 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Diamond Valley have been know to pay 100K plus for losing mens teams and 80K plus for womens teams that lose 80% of there games.

Reply #824627 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 8:02 pm, Tue 19 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754