anonny
Years ago

Casey Prather is done

Casey Prather is done. I see no light at the end of the tunnel. No glimpse that he can ever recapture his old self. Melbourne United need to move on and move on quickly.

Topic #46458 | Report this topic

Anonymous  
Years ago

Isn't he on a 2 year deal?

Reply #778000 | Report this post

anonny  
Years ago

Yes, but pay him out. Whatever you have to do. Just move on from him. The team needs a new import

Reply #778004 | Report this post

No Please keep him Melbourne. He played so well for Sydney!

Reply #778013 | Report this post

Noufy  
Years ago

This game was all about the referees. Destroyed a potentially good game. Let the players play.

Reply #778015 | Report this post

Go Dees  
Years ago

Prather isn't healthy but knows he needs to play or be sacked

Reply #778020 | Report this post

Rabbit  
Years ago

Settle down Noufy. You're acting like the refs didn’t gift Melbourne the game against Sydney the first time and the most recent game against SEM...

Reply #778030 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

He's not done, that’s such an extreme thing to say. He only started his season give him a chance to get match fit and get up to speed with the referees.

Reply #778045 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Prather and Barlow both look a lot slower, father time for Barlow and injuries for Prather. Even in United premiership season Prather played little till the GF.

Reply #778068 | Report this post

ME  
Years ago

It's gonna take some time for him to get back in the swing of things. I'll say he's done if he a) cant get past this injury phase or b) plays for a few more months and still can't get his game together. Too early to call anything yet. Hasnt even been back a week.

Reply #778073 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Are we saying refs call too many soft fouls on dribble penetration? Should there be more no-calls. Surely coaches have to adjust. Same at both ends you would hope.

Reply #778093 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

It's not too early to make this call and all!!

Back a week? He hasn't been his best for 2 years and has been injured.

Casey's best part of his game was he was the most explosive athlete in the league. I remember when he end d AJ Ogilvy's life in Perth.

He hasn't even shown us a glimpse of the old Prather. Not one moment where you e said "oh there he is". This isn't a high IQ who can dominate below the rim off smarts like Patterson.

There is a real chance it is over for Casey Prather after breaking down for 2 straight years.

Reply #778104 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I don't think that is unreasonable. Athleticism is a big part of what makes him so good. I don't wish injuries on anyone but I also don't wish good fortune to anyone from United so I will just sit back and wait and see how it plays out.

Reply #778107 | Report this post

Reality  
Years ago

Interesting to see if united make a call on Prather.

They'd surely have an out re the injury?

Reply #778116 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I thought Casey looked really impressive in the preseason games but not sure what's going on now.

Reply #778120 | Report this post

UseTaHoop  
Years ago

The most important factor in play is probably that MUMare a bit behind Kings. They can't carry an injured Prather and compete with Sydney, but is there a guaranteed better option out there?

Reply #778198 | Report this post

LV  
Years ago

Prather looked good in pre season by all accounts

Writing him off now is foolish

Reply #778232 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Prather played little in United premiership season, great GF after returning on the bench for the two game semi final, never got on in Russia, and been barely on court this season, winced badly I noticed early when he got hit. I thought he looked like a player with a bad back. Have Melbourne got time to keep him, who knows. If they get wins he's probably safe but to many games like the weekend he could be out at least till next season.

Reply #778254 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

He's far from done, jeez give the guy a second. I agree with whoever said give him a few months to get try and shake the rust off (and heal properly) and then you can think about calling it a day. People are so quick to dismiss someone and have no idea how hard it can be to come back in after an injury. Even great players can take quite a long time.

I think if he can get healthy he'll be great. Fingers crossed.

Reply #778330 | Report this post

Bear  
Years ago

Not done, just recovering from all the tall poppy syndrome we still see on here!

Seriously though, he is still right up there, also if he ever wants to stay and have a winter here, we will have him at Geelong Supercats in the NBL1 for a season any day...

Reply #778339 | Report this post

AngusH  
Years ago

He's exactly what they need IMO - a guy who gets to the basket rather than sits on the perimeter popping threes. They should ride it out while he gets in shape.

Reply #778342 | Report this post

Reality  
Years ago

Prather has hardly been able to get on the court for 2 years so how long do you wait?

Do you wait until Sydney smash you in the finals?

Reply #778346 | Report this post

AngusH  
Years ago

Yes. ;)

Reply #778351 | Report this post

Luuuc  
Years ago

That does sound appealing

Reply #778362 | Report this post

D2.0  
Years ago

I wouldn't say that he's done. People said Jawai was done 5 years ago.

It's hard to tell with injuries, looking form the outside.

Can't tell whether he needs more surgery, an extended break, whether this is something he can play through, or maybe they can manage him through the season.

He's definitely still got upside, I just don't know what they should be doing at moment.

Reply #778373 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

A few good points made, Barlow was done a few sessions ago and got up and running again, though starting to slow now. Prather would be on a lot more money than Barlow is so that might swing decisions.

Reply #778381 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

The league has improved from when he dominated, still a solid player, but I wouldn't expect him to takeover.

Reply #778593 | Report this post

Yinka Dare  
Years ago

Nice call on Prather op you spastic

Reply #779243 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

"Melbourne United need to move on and move on quickly."

after Prather subbed into the game Melbourne United's score moved on and moved on quickly

Reply #779244 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

One week is a long time in Prather basketball career. He's hardly played in two years. Only played a third of the season in the United premiership.

Where to now???

Reply #780560 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 4:58 am, Sat 27 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754