Norwood announce new coach Mike Malat

Topic #46470 | Report this topic

Anonymous  
Years ago

Poor Rojo the puppet

Reply #778450 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Wonder if he has any idea what he's in for. Maybe someone should tell him to check out hoops. Sad indictment that they had to go so far to get a coach, can't imagine too many applications locally because they know the background.

Reply #778471 | Report this post

supporter  
Years ago

This does not happen at Norwood please explain?

Be fair, considerate and honest with all players, officials and team members. Ensure that every player's time spent with you is a positive experience. Treat each player as an individual by:

Providing each player with equal attention and opportunities;
Respecting the talent, developmental stage and goals of each individual player; and Helping each player reach his or her full potential.

Reply #778892 | Report this post

Jon Snow  
Years ago

Hi 892, I think you misspelt Webber when you wrote the Word "Supporter". It is clear too all inside and outside of Norwood that this is occurring. Please do not act like it is not. If Norwood cared about the development of its young players they would get deserved minutes in the Premier League side. But we won't see that any time soon...

Reply #778921 | Report this post

Puppetmaster  
Years ago

Where is rojo now???

Reply #778959 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Is his wife still part of the club? Be pretty awkward if still on committee. Problem I saw with Rojo is he's great with Xs and Os, just has bad people skills and not really charismatic with kids. Maybe a fresh start with a new club, assistant role and an attitude change.

Reply #778967 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Why is Pritchard coaching at Forestville and not Norwood?

Reply #779955 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Why is he at Forestville or Norwood and not Southern?

Reply #779958 | Report this post

Pocket  
Years ago

Rojo is now at Eastern
Maybe they will appreciate him

Reply #817419 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

"NBA Skills Coach" ;)

Reply #818683 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

681, yep that would be the guy. Imagine Norwood's disappointment.

Reply #818687 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Not a club thing...that Norwood Boys 18s team have talent & come across as a good group of Guys.
They deserve a lot better than what was served up by that coach.....zero respect shown...abusing his players & trying to intimidate young Refs...."yeah gimme that tech, cmon gimme that tech” type comments....pointing fingers turning it into a circus.
& well done to the Norwood parents who stood up to him....Basketball is expensive & requires a high level of commitment from families as well as the players...
They deserve better as well
It's a reflection on Malat not the club. Hopefully he cleans up his act cause it was a poor example for everyone.

Reply #818695 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

687, ignorance is lovely. I doubt they even realise how they have been duped and those that were involved in the appointment are not accountable so if they can figure it out (and I doubt they can) they will sweep it under the carpet and blame something else.

695, not a reflection on the team but absolutely this sh*t show is a reflection of the club. Do not be ignorant.

Reply #818696 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Can't wait to get our next influx of quality transfers from the Arc. Keep up the good work Norwood ;)

Reply #818697 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I'm hearing the hierarchy are very pleased with Milat as he has ensured there are no competitors for either Webber’s minutes.

Reply #818704 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Jokes aside, I've heard Norwood were genuinely happy with Malat. I wonder if recent events have changed that stance at all, or if they're happy for the circus to continue.

Reply #818718 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Jokes aside ... that is a joke , there will be a further exodus of Norwood players if Malat keeps his job. His performance with the 18 boys has been an embarrassment for that club

Reply #818893 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Yes, I don't disagree - but this is Norwood.

Just look at their NBL1 Womens team...

Reply #818901 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Interestingly (or surprisingly) the women have won a couple of games , next year will be the test for them .
It's pretty clear to everyone at Norwood , except those who make the decisions , that Malat should go. Norwood has a history now of choosing 2nd rate coaches ahead of players so no-one should expect that to change

Reply #818979 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Norwood's women have won 1 game: last round against Woodville by 9, in the battle of the cellar-dwellers.

I hadn't even heard of their coach before a few rounds ago - an ex-ABA player?

Reply #819014 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Norwood also beat Centrals and would be a chance to beat Forrestville 1 & 2.
Covid has meant the actual appointed coach is still in the US

Reply #819036 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I obviously mean the person currently coaching the team. Congrats for beating Centrals.

Reply #819042 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

So have there been any repercussions from the incident involving Malat?

Reply #819366 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Here we go, what incident???

Reply #819374 | Report this post

Hello BSA  
Years ago

#042 id you don't know the current woemn's team coach, you clearly know very little about basketball in SA.

Reply #819377 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Apologies for not being born decades earlier like yourself, Hello BSA.

Reply #819389 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 11:04 pm, Fri 26 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754