Jack Toft
Years ago

Phoenix v Snakes

The second of the Super Sunday games will be a banger. This is a double points game. With both teams vying for fourth spot, a win against the other means you have "stolen" those 2 points from them, effectively a 4 point swing.

SEM at home are as comfortable as an old man in a cumfy chair reading the papers with his slippers on and his trusty dog Rusty by his side. Although they have lost their last 3 games at home to Adelaide, Sydney and Perth, they average 100 ppg, although in losses it is only 93. Their ability to score is their strength but they can't rely on The Wolf to do it all.

Cairns are running hot at the moment with their confidence in themselves at an all time high.

Both teams love the fast flowing game and both teams are coming off of losses.

Cancel the visit to the mother in law's again, the wife can go by herself. This is a game you need to get to if you are in Melbourne, or watch if you are not. The NBL better make sure the refs have been to Specsavers because this game will matter and every call and non-call will matter. Just like Friday night, this game will be alive until the last minute and in the last minute will be lost by the coach or team that goofs up. There should be more lead changes than mood swings from a teenager.

Creeky looks set for a 30 point game, but there's about 4 Cairns players saying hold my beer.

I'm going for a Cairns win on the final play...by 1

Topic #46539 | Report this topic

UseTaHoop  
Years ago

It'll be a close game, but that’s all I can predict.

Jack, are you ok? You seem to be preoccupied with teenagers lately. Firs stepdaughters and now mood swings. Too many High Schoolers taking extended school holidays around your way?

I agree that this game is virtually for double points. I feel as though games involving combinations of SEM, Adelaide and Cairns will determine the final finals spot, even if MU manage to throw their season away like a HJ’s wrapper. These 3 teams are fighting for 1 or 2 finals spots.

Reply #780612 | Report this post

Jack Toft  
Years ago

All the high schoolers are no longer high schoolers, perhaps I'm missing those wild mood swings and late night taxi pickups

Reply #780614 | Report this post

AngusH  
Years ago

I just hope this game is close and the refs can contain themselves.

Reply #780662 | Report this post

George  
Years ago

Refs suck balls

Reply #780711 | Report this post

George  
Years ago

96-96. Block out Randle.

Reply #780717 | Report this post

George  
Years ago

Breakers. Letting Randle get ball & shoot is unbelievable. You know he's getting & taking the shot & you still do zero to defend it.

Reply #780723 | Report this post

George  
Years ago

Sorry gang. Comments on wrong game.

Reply #780737 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

hardly a whistle so far in this game - refs must be confused as no team from NZ to be biased against.

Reply #780740 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

wow - this is like watching a different sport compared to the Beakers VS Sixers game before it - this twelve minutes will take a third of the time - its like the refs don't want to be center of attention ??

Reply #780744 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Is Stephens a one yr nbl player or do you keep him in the league

Reply #780752 | Report this post

UseTaHoop  
Years ago

This game could stay close.

It's important to both teams: with Adelaide winning, winner gets a break on the loser.

Both benches are shallow. With the importance of this game, we could see 2 punch drunk boxers slugging it out in the final round.

Reply #780758 | Report this post

Perthworld  
Years ago

Disappointing game so far compared to the last one with a minimal presence from the refs. Don't they know we pay to watch the officials?

Reply #780760 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Where's the crowd. Terrible turn out for Phoenix.

Reply #780763 | Report this post

Perthworld  
Years ago

Wish we were asking "Where's the band?" instead.

Reply #780765 | Report this post

Thunder Jam  
Years ago

FFS call TRAVEL you muppets!
Creek travels every second play.

Reply #780766 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Why is the Phoenix coach wearing a suit with runners and carrying a towel. All show no substance ?

Reply #780770 | Report this post

PlaymakerMo  
Years ago

Incredible that both the game clock operator and even one of the refs didn't know the rule about passing along the baseline. That is not a good look.

Reply #780772 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Playmaker great call. That play has been around for 50 years and two of the officials had no idea.

Reply #780777 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

did terry Armstrong know he wasn't going to get minutes, some people still believe he will get draft

Reply #780782 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Phoenix dwindling crowds are a worry.

Reply #780784 | Report this post

Hendo8888  
Years ago

WTF!
How do you throw the ball away twice, and give up like 3 offensive rebounds, in the 20 seconds of a game you're up 6?

Reply #780787 | Report this post

PlaymakerMo  
Years ago

Jarrod Kenny - just wow.

Reply #780789 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Kenny not the smartest guy around have a feeling he might be a dumb shit off the court

Reply #780791 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Kenny not the smartest guy around have a feeling he might be a dumb shit off the court

Reply #780792 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Kenny oh my.

Reply #780793 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

How did Cairns throw this away.

Reply #780794 | Report this post

UseTaHoop  
Years ago

Has the music been chosen to suit the hair of Creek and Kenny?

Reply #780795 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Thank you Kenny, very cool!

Reply #780796 | Report this post

Hendo8888  
Years ago

11 seconds left in regulation, Roberson's on 11 points. He ends on 30.

Reply #780797 | Report this post

Hendo8888  
Years ago

Reply #780798 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Phoenix need to re sign Roberson now

Reply #780799 | Report this post

AngusH  
Years ago

Well, Roberson started the year like this, but a bit too inconsistent I think.

Reply #780802 | Report this post

AngusH  
Years ago

And those Hawks loses just sting all the more every time Cairns loses, I bet.

Reply #780803 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

That was very un Kenny like

Reply #780806 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

25 seconds left 6 up Kenny has the ball throws the cross court pass instead of taking the foul . He splits the free throws they win.

Reply #780819 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Crowd was awesome, not sure how it looked on tv because I was there, so much noise! Super passionate fan base for the Phoenix, so much fun to be in their crowd

Reply #780834 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Around 2k there!

Reply #780843 | Report this post

D2.0  
Years ago

Kelly flogged his starters against Perth. It came back to bite them.

Happened last time they had Perth first up (but at least they won that one against Perth)

Reply #780846 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Actually it was closer to 4K, 3.8 was the word

Reply #780847 | Report this post

PlaymakerMo  
Years ago

"Kelly flogged his starters against Perth. It came back to bite them."

He needs to in order to win games. His bench showed early in the season they're not capable of contributing in meaningful minutes.

Case and point: Jarrod Kenny. If he doesn't turn the ball over ONE of those two times, Cairns probably win.

The fact Cairns's started were gassed for OT is missing the point.

Reply #780861 | Report this post

Splinky  
Years ago

If I was in Melbourne, I would definitely support Phoenix ahead of United. Surprised they aren't drawing bigger crowds. The team is fun to watch, and I really rate Simon Mitchell. I love his approach to the game and his team.

Reply #780862 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 10:04 am, Fri 26 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754