Anonymous
Years ago

Dear Sixers/Joey haters

Joeys time is up, he's a terrible coach and should be replaced.
Team will finish bottom.
Signing Randle a terrible idea.
Resigning Teys a bad idea.
Imports are bad.
Local recruits are bad.

You like apples, how'd you like them apples! As it is every year, the haters go quiet.

Topic #46548 | Report this topic

Anonymous  
Years ago

They beat a bad team and are now middle pack. So there's that.

Reply #780745 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I like how you quoted a shitty movie to try and make your point.

Reply #780747 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Tied 3rd is middle of the pack?

Reply #780748 | Report this post

Perthworld  
Years ago

Talking big after nearly choking a 20+ point lead to the second bottom side. Interesting.

Reply #780751 | Report this post

Meegygump  
Years ago

Don't know what was more pathetic, the feferees or Daniel Johnsons defence

Reply #780757 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

1. The 36ers have something like 8 games left against the teams vying for 4th spot, and are currently only 1-2 games ahead of 5th. Don't get ahead of yourself, OP.

2. Adelaide have the worst defense in the comp, allowing over 119 points per 100 posessions. This is not a recipe for long-term success.

3. If the 36ers didn't replace Taylor with Randle, I'd have them pegged at 7th-8th bases on how they've played thus far. Griffin has underperformed and Moore hasn't consistently produced since his first season with Adelaide. Randle has been carrying the team.

Reply #780776 | Report this post

Gone Quiet  
Years ago

Yes, gone quiet.

But lurking, waiting and quietly hating.

Reply #780779 | Report this post

Mystro  
Years ago

Beat NZ without 2x starters with seconds to spare after being up by 20.
Calm your farm, you might be due a title by 2030.

Reply #780800 | Report this post

cavolo  
Years ago

Settle down responders to OP... I interpret his apples post not as a prediction to win the GF, but exactly as he posted... there was a lot of flack directed toward Joey and the club about his coaching and recruiting and like most years, most pundits write the 36ers off as nothing better than an NBL1 team. The dudes can play and sure, their defensive stats aren't great, but the name of the game is to score more than the opposition.... ;)

Reply #780805 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

They won't win the title with this roster. They never assemble a roster that can do more than play hard and win some games etc but ultimately always fall short. Hence people getting on the OP, who’s getting way to excited about winning a game most teams would do against a depleted breakers on and off the court.

Reply #780807 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Adelaide struggled to beat an undermanned low ladder position team.
Joey is still a wanker.
The OP is still a moron.

Reply #780809 | Report this post

To be Adelaide are in that middle tier (top tier would include Perth, Sydney, Melbourne). A chance of the 4 by maximising their talent, but I wouldn't be surprised if they missed out either. Probably them, Brissy, SEM and Cairns(!) all vying for that 4th spot. New Zealand (probably) and Illawarra (definitely, soz) would be the bottom tier.

Reply #780828 | Report this post

D2.0  
Years ago

Meh, if you hang around this forum long enough, you will understand that is just how Sixers fans operate. They hate everything about their club, until they don't.

Reply #780829 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

No ones saying they'll win the title but once again like pretty much every season Joey has been at the helm he has got an average roster playing decent basketball. Most here (myself included) had them finishing bottom two so take your glass of haterade and admit they are performing better then you expected and Joey is a god.

Reply #780845 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

On a deluded Dickhead would think Joey is a god.

Reply #780852 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Negative posters go quiet when the team they hate start winning?? I am shocked to be here.

Reply #780988 | Report this post

KET  
Years ago

In off-court news, Adelaide has been in talks with former Sydney Kings, Melbourne Tigers and Brisbane Bullets GM Jeff Van Groningen about taking up a basketball operations role.

Let the further hate begin

Reply #781101 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

^^^^
They got to be kidding right, the man is a failure.

Reply #781103 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

What's Joey’s salary though?

Reply #781104 | Report this post

Zodiac  
Years ago

In off-court news, Adelaide has been in talks with former Sydney Kings, Melbourne Tigers and Brisbane Bullets GM Jeff Van Groningen about taking up a basketball operations role.

That's not good JVG was the architect of those Kings teams during the Gaze years.

Reply #781105 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

There's only one JVG, welcome to Adelaide Jason Cadee, there family.

Reply #781119 | Report this post

Coopers Lover  
Years ago

I know a few people who hated them but have jumped back on the band wagon!
But I still hate them, I think they should change their name to Brisbane Team 2, considering the team is basically all QLD based

Reply #781130 | Report this post

Bullet$$$  
Years ago

I've been a rusted on 6ers fan since the Apollo days, and will support the Club forever but I must say that it is hard when Joey Wright heads up our Club. He comes across as a rude, arrogant man that has not time for fans, and a very aggressive manner ... and has simply not delivered as a coach. Would there be another coach in the history of the NBL that has coached as many championship-less seasons? I know he coached one with a loaded roster at the Bullets just before he bankrupted them into folding, but has then coached about another 15 odd before and after. just asking?

Reply #783027 | Report this post

7th season at Adelaide without a title.
Do any other NBL coaches have similar records?

Reply #783028 | Report this post

Zodiac  
Years ago

In Joey's defence in two of those six full seasons we've come within one game of winning the championship.

Reply #783031 | Report this post

Fair point Zodiac.
Flynn, Weaver, Kelly, Mitchell and Shamir don't have titles although they are all either first or second year coaches.
Wright does have a fair stretch of seasons coached without a title.

Reply #783033 | Report this post

Zodiac  
Years ago

He does but I think in Adelaide that is offset with the two near misses. If you expand it out to include his time at Gold Coast as well then it's been a long time since that Bullets title in 2007.

Regardless I do think Joey's time in Adelaide is getting near the end. If we miss finals again this season questions will have to be asked but with another two years remaining on his contract I think he might be safe for another year unless he quits himself of course.

Reply #783034 | Report this post

Zodiac  
Years ago

As a further point I'm still trying to work out how the hiring of JVG comes into it re: Joey. Is JVG there now to entice Joey to stay on given their history at the Bullets or is he there to do the owners dirty work for him in regards to a dismissal?

Personally I think he's there more to pacify Joey by putting a friendly face on the Sixers administration for him.

Reply #783037 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Flinn, Weaver, Mitchell and Shamir are in their first season so it's impossible for them to have a title though one might have one at seasons end. Sixers should’ve won in the year Illawarra beat them in the semis.

The side Joey put together this season always looked a bit dodgy, White doesn’t make any sense and Griffin is such a defensive liability in a side that defensively wasn’t great to start with.

We will no a lot more about the Sixers by the end of today.

Reply #783039 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Almost got into another finals series. Almost.... Joey's middle name.

Reply #783043 | Report this post

Why not get better imports instead of mediocre ones.

Reply #783044 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

For those ragging on Joey. Look at the budget and the clarke days

Reply #783049 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

For those ragging on Joey. Look at the budget and the clarke days

Reply #783050 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Say what you will about the guy, his out of bounds sets are absolutely fuego

Reply #783051 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 2:14 am, Sat 27 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754