Anonymous
Years ago

Poor tweet by Homicide?

He apologised for a "poor tweet" about Matt Walsh that seems to have been deleted. What did he say?

Topic #46572 | Report this topic

PlaymakerMo  
Years ago

Obviously something stupid, because it's Homocide. Who cares?

Reply #781338 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Why is this even a thread.

Reply #781339 | Report this post

Go Dees  
Years ago

Homicide and dumb tweet go hand in hand

Reply #781340 | Report this post

Jack Toft  
Years ago

Only Donald Trump tweets are worse.

Reply #781341 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Seriously why is this even a topic?

Reply #781342 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Its a topic because he is the face of NBL commentary.

What a joke of league

Reply #781344 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I'm curious to know what he said as well

Reply #781345 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Any publicity is good publicity for a wanker like homo-cide he loves the attention he gets positive or negative.

Reply #781346 | Report this post

koberulz  
Years ago

An NZ journo tweeted something about Walsh getting drunk at some event or other and abusing people, or something to that effect. I can't check the details because the original tweet was deleted after the Breakers ownership threatened legal action.

They were also apparently threatening to sue anyone who so much as replied to the journo, so it might be related?

Reply #781348 | Report this post

Poor mans man  
Years ago

absolute flog!

Reply #781349 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

He said something along the lines of NZ's culture problems start at the top, and he's not wrong.

Reply #781350 | Report this post

The ghost of JVG  
Years ago

Geee wiz how hard was that to figure out? We dont need confirmation from homicide. The league needed a homicide 3 oddYears ago. Now, not ao much.

Reply #781351 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Like it or not Corey "Homicide" Williams is the voice of the NBL, and his black face is here to stay. So you racists on here better get used to it.

Reply #781352 | Report this post

koberulz  
Years ago

Reply #781353 | Report this post

LV  
Years ago

Culture indeed starts at the top

Reply #781354 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

As if they threatened legal action, what a bunch of flogs

Seriously wtf has happened to NZ this season. Biggest downward spiral in history.

Reply #781355 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

If you can't understand the importance of this, you must be a braindead jizz stain.

Reply #781356 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

What did Corey say?

Reply #781359 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Looking at his Twitter and this Craig Stanaway PR guy the Breakers have seems like a complete tool, can't say I'm surprised though, fits right in with the rest of the breakers management

Reply #781360 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Matt Walsh would have threatened him with defamation. Flog

Reply #781361 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

https://twitter.com/CraigStanaway/status/1207135925995630593?s=20

Reply #781362 | Report this post

koberulz  
Years ago

That's hilarious.

"Delete or we'll sue."

"Okay, it's deleted."

"We're suing anyway, LOL."

I really do feel for the Blackwells. The club is being run by a group of toddlers.

Reply #781364 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

What did he mean when he said he was a teetotaler and he was with Walsh the whole time

Reply #781365 | Report this post

Perthworld  
Years ago

Would be epic if now someone released footage of Walsh being intoxicated.

Reply #781366 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I like how Stanaway didn't even deny Walsh was drunk. He just said I'm teatotal and I was with Matt the whole time. That doesn't mean that the accusation was false at all.

Reply #781369 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Once going out and enjoying yourself including over drinking was a badge of honour, now you get filmed and put all over social media.

Reply #781375 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I still want to know that homicide initially said that he himself says was "distasteful and flat out wrong"

Reply #781377 | Report this post

Reality  
Years ago

Rich dudes gets drunk at the race track....this isn't big news!

Sounds like a trip to the snow dome would have helped him stay upright!

Reply #781378 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

"Like it or not Corey "Homicide" Williams is the voice of the NBL, and his black face is here to stay. So you racists on here better get used to it."

Are you implying that Homicide only gets criticised because of his colour?

Reply #781380 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I agree that Matt Walsh getting drunk (if true) is not necessarily a big deal.

The more interesting part is homicide apologising and what he said before he deleted his tweet!

Reply #781381 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Homicide just got the shits because he tipped nz for finals, so now he puts crap on them every chance so he doesn't look bad.

Reply #781385 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Rubbish. Lots of people are criticising NZ this year, whether they tipped them for the finals or not. They have had poor results on and off the court.

Reply #781386 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

2 things:

(1) Where there's smoke there's fire has been true for the Breakers this year. You just can't trust anything that the Breakers say now. Their credibility is zero. And I say that as someone who has been sympathetic to the issues they've had and has been willing to give their management the benefit of the doubt.
(2) Streisand Effect: by trying to shut this down, this is getting a lot more traction than it may have. I wouldn't have known what Homicide said or anyone said. Now, there's a whole bunch of Perth fans re-tweeting. Are the Breakers going to send cease and desists to everyone, maybe even to Hoops?

Reply #781393 | Report this post

AngusH  
Years ago

Good to see the NBL can muzzle their hound when they need to.

Reply #781394 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Deport Homicide and get more Aussie or Kiwi commentators.

Reply #781401 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Aussie commentators are just as bad. Russell is a moron too.

The problem with Homicide is the league promotes him as an expert commentator, yet he rarely provides any expertise with his insights.

Reply #781402 | Report this post

AngusH  
Years ago

Jeezus. Yeah, not a race thing in the slightest. He just generates noise to create "controversy", and now he leveled it at an owner which is obviously seen as a step too far by the league, and he was told to rescind it and stick to generating beef between competing players like he usually does.

Reply #781405 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Geez this forum is turning into 4chan.

Reply #781407 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I unfollowed homicide on twitter, because he is the most click bait annoying individual the NBL has ever seen. Nothing to do with colour of his skin.

Reply #781408 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Stanaway seems like a real moron. Good PR is about managing relationships with the media, not childish name-calling and dick-swinging.

Reply #781409 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Back on topic, can anyone provide any insight on homicide's deleted tweet? What did he say that was so offensive

Reply #781411 | Report this post

Thread locked

This thread has been locked and replies are not permitted.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 10:03 pm, Tue 19 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754