Anonymous
Years ago

36ers must cut Ramone Moore

Ramone was a solid player back a few years ago, however, the NBL is at another level these days and he is clearly struggling to make an impact. He seems like the weak link in this rising 36ers squad.

Topic #46588 | Report this topic

Anonymous  
Years ago

They must but they will not.

Reply #781732 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

If you think he is the weak link you're delusional. We have a below par Aussies who we have all overestimated and continue to overestimate. Behind Jerome we suck. We do not utilize Ramone at all. Griffin gives up more points than he ever scores. Froling more valuable as an uber than a ball player this year. We are unbalanced and one single player wont change that. Just be grateful we have Jerome, because without him I doubt we would have a single win.

Reply #781736 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Jerome should be grateful Adelaide wanted him.
No other team did

Reply #781740 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

and Froling was under the impression he was an NBA-calibre player...

Reply #781741 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Not just NBA-calibre.. but a Joker Jokic clone.. LMAO

Reply #781743 | Report this post

D2.0  
Years ago

Meh, Moore is the least of your problems.

He's a budget import whom apparently gets on well with Joey and likes Adelaide. He could well be the lowest paid import in Australia.
I don't know, but he certainly wouldn't be getting anywhere near what most others do.

Losing Creek and Sobey in succession probably pushed him back into "starter contention" but that was never meant to be his role.

Sure, if you've got the money for a Cottonesque import, have at it, but I suspect Adelaide don't.

Reply #781751 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

cut moore for what?

Reply #781753 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

"He could well be the lowest paid import in Australia."

E.J Singler says hello

"cut moore for what?"

A better player?

Reply #781754 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

A guard or a big (eg)sf

Reply #781756 | Report this post

Anon  
Years ago

Moore is not the issue. Poor Eric was whipping boy until his recent strong performances. Moore contributions and is very much team first glue type player. Teys seems to taken Moore's minutes and reducing ramone productivity. Too much expectation -does his role very well..not a creative presence

Reply #781757 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Moore isn't the issue, BUT he is the only piece that can be upgraded in an NBL season. Traditionally imports get cut and improved upon by decently run teams. They can’t cut a Froling and replace him with anything decent non import wise at this stage.

Griffin was the first to be mentioned as a cut, but he has shown offensively glimpses, it’s probably Moore that has to go. But he won’t, Adelaide will be happy to finish 4-6. Crowd numbers are up, and that’s all they care about. Winning is a bonus.

Reply #781765 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Froling isn't playing to an NBL standard. 1 point, Fix froling and Adelaide will win more games. Plus the hawks played to win.

Reply #781766 | Report this post

George  
Years ago

Put simply, there's not enough talent for the league. There is a large amount of juniors playing but as with a lot of sports they don’t transition to adult professional players. Not enough money in it as a full time job.

Reply #781767 | Report this post

Andrew  
Years ago

I'd start Frolling, he is being held back imo.

Reply #781769 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I wouldn't start Froling.

Reply #781777 | Report this post

bretts the man  
Years ago

If we are serious about pushing for finals this is the only move can make and surely we could do better and create better balanced . a 3 point shooter would be handy.

Reply #781780 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Froling looks so out shape, believes his hype. McVeigh the same, fuck me he made his first three in weeks last night and Heal and homicide talked him up like worlds best player. Both are qbl1 players.
Griffin is Adelaide problem and I think Joey knows it, re the starting of Kyei. Griffin can't defend a light post.

Reply #781781 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

He hasn't been great, but he's far from their biggest issue.

Isn't he not far off being able to try and naturalise?

Reply #781787 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Kyei is one of the few positives this year. Yes long way to go but nobody can complain about his energy, efforts and team first mentality and that is what so many of the other lack.

Reply #781788 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Ramone Moore naturalising is not a good idea.
A mediocre player taking a roster spot at the expense of a true local, no thanks.
Mind you Adelaide already have some mediocre true locals taking up roster spots lol.

Reply #781793 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Froling reminds me of Nikola Jokic

Reply #781804 | Report this post

D2.0  
Years ago

"Moore isn't the issue, BUT he is the only piece that can be upgraded in an NBL season"
(Unless you are Sydney)

This is true, and normally I would agree with this logic, if it were a case of upgrading one player who was bound to go any way, and challenging for the finals.

But firstly you have to consider budget. How much is he being paid, and do they have the money to go much better? I don't know, but I would guess that he could still be good value for what they're paying. Adelaide obviously stretched the budget when they dumped Taylor and hired Randle, so how much ore have they got in reserve?
Secondly, even a Cotton level player isn't going to catapult them into finals contention unless a few others step up.

This isn't going to be Adelaide's year, so what they need to do is get their young locals back on track, and keep developing them. Rebuild that Local core.

Reply #781805 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

D2.0

Did you forget Perth upgrading to Cotton mid season with only if you're Sydney comment. We can take the first Cotton premiership away from the cats then. Idiot!

Reply #781812 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Maybe Froling shouldn't party so hard and his performance might be better. Under performer and should be benched.

Reply #781823 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Teys is terrible and Joey is working with eagles so Teys won't be a restricted player with playing time... cut Teys - Drmic is playing much better.

Reply #781824 | Report this post

Anon  
Years ago

I think get the big frogling back into the 5. Can shot the 3. Will rim protect. Provides presence through sheer size and crashes hard. Big H confidence is shot by pussy fouls. Refs let the big boys bang some bodies.frogling more than capable and best weapon to handle the NJ monster.drimic needs randle to spot him up. Randle to dominate cairns guards. Too quick. Too smart... have very positive feeling about this game. DJ to show majok who is boss man in the land of 3.
Thinking adelaide match up well across all positions. Joey to master the apprentice.

Reply #781827 | Report this post

Jick  
Years ago

Froling isn't good enough to polish Jokic’s bootsp

Reply #781838 | Report this post

koberulz  
Years ago

Did you forget Perth upgrading to Cotton mid season with only if you're Sydney comment.
WTF are you talking about?

Reply #781844 | Report this post

Zodiac  
Years ago

Can't see the Sixers owner paying out Moore's contract for the rest of the season plus paying another import on top of that.

Even if they did take that unlikely step the replacement import would probably be a cheap SEABL guy already in the country, not even worth the bother.

The team should've cut Griffin when they had the chance.

Reply #781848 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Zodiac is correct. Adelaides management is very bad.

Reply #781855 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

its griffin on 98 thousand dollars

Reply #781856 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Lol joking at worst is a too 5 center on the planet and froling is... the only thing they have in common is they are both white pand pasty

Reply #781857 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Nikola jokic

Reply #781858 | Report this post

PeterJohn  
Years ago

"Lol joking at worst is a too 5 center on the planet and froling is... the only thing they have in common is they are both white pand pasty“

Sorry, Google translate blew a gasket with that one. Can you post in English next time?

Reply #781879 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Young incoming

Reply #781880 | Report this post

AKA  
Years ago

Moore would be a good role player on a good team, which this Adelaide team isn't. They should get rid of Randle, it’s been proven he isn’t a winner in the mould of Cotton and Ware etc.

Reply #781897 | Report this post

Dan & Mody  
Years ago

"Froling reminds me of Nikola Jokic" Froling reminds me of someone that ate Nikola Jokic

Reply #781926 | Report this post

Perthworld  
Years ago

Sixers need to send Froling to fat camp.

Reply #781928 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Again? He just graduated from there 2 weeks ago.

Reply #781930 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

They won't get rid of Randle, but they shouldn’t touch him next season. He is flashy, he can be fun to watch but he isn’t a winner. He can shoot you into a game, but when he is off dear god it’s hard to watch.

Reply #781937 | Report this post

Why cut him now. Get spuds like what Illawarra have.

Reply #782468 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

''Did you forget Perth upgrading to Cotton mid season with only if you're Sydney comment. We can take the first Cotton premiership away from the cats then. Idiot!''

Wow!

I'll type this slowly, so please try to follow along...
firstly, read the post above that i quoted;
'Moore isn't the issue, BUT he is the only piece that can be upgraded in an NBL season. Traditionally imports get cut and improved upon by decently run teams.'

poster was making the (reasonably valid) point that is it extremely difficult to change out your locals during the season, and hence teams take the much easier route of changing out imports.

I was agreeing with the poster, but also alluding to the point that Sydney managed to upgrade Kuany for Cooks.

So yes, Perth did swap JJ for Cotton, which is the scenario the original poster was suggesting, and which I referenced with my various comments regarding a Cotton like player.

Reply #782501 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

It's a good thing you typed that post slowly!

Reply #782502 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 7:55 am, Sat 27 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754