Jack Toft
Years ago

Kings v Snakes Jan 11

Forget about mowing the lawns, there's a reason to be inside watching the Telly, and if you're in Sin City, a very good reason to get to Qudos Bank Arena. It's 1 v 3 and Cairns have not packed their brown underpants, these guys are serious and the Bogieman doesn't scare them.

Last time they played in Sydney, Cairns won by 11, and in round 1, which seemed a decade ago, the Kings won in Cairns. I don't think there's an obvious favourite today. It's like having a mother daughter moment in the nightclub, but you don't know who's the mother and who is the daughter.

Cairns are 5 from 5, Kings 2 from 5. Top of the table Kings have got the Cats right behind them like a proctologist waiting for them to slip up, but even if Sydney loses they won't steal that top spot. Cairns can't seem to do anything wrong at the moment and are making every post a winner.

My score predictor is saying Kings 97 to 94 but I'm as convinced as Scomo is that these fires were climate change. I'm going for an upset.

Cairns by 3....

Topic #46699 | Report this topic

Perthworld  
Years ago

Kings odds have dropped by nearly half. Moller only back in February. What is going on?

Reply #785783 | Report this post

UseTaHoop  
Years ago

Jack

Gotta mow early morning due to heat and humidity here.

Kings need a heart transplant. Stat.

Cairns for an upset while the shrinking violets crumble.
( Bogut no shrinking violet though)

Reply #785790 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Can't wait. Kings by 3. Bogut to shut all haters up and double, double.

Reply #785793 | Report this post

AngusH  
Years ago

Should be a close one. Cairns still the in-form team of the comp, but still a bit shaky in the clutch. Kings sputtering a little with the injuries and Weaver struggling to get his rotations right.

Reply #785796 | Report this post

Moller is injured.
Sydney by 8.

Reply #785797 | Report this post

Jack Toft  
Years ago

UseTaHoop, sorry, I forgot about the good old humidity

Reply #785800 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Didi's back. Lisch or Noi back?

Reply #785802 | Report this post

AngusH  
Years ago

Lisch not back until Feb as well I've heard - hopefully not the case. Didi back helps and hopefully moves Cooks to the bench where I think he is better suited also.

Reply #785807 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Noi is still day by day. Not sure he travelled though.

Reply #785809 | Report this post

Perthworld  
Years ago

Still doesn't explain the drastic odds movement unless Didi is rated that highly which I doubt. He's no Moller.

Reply #785812 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Cairns had monster games from Machado, DJ & Noi last time around. I think Sydney have been waiting for this rematch, they could use a statement game after losing to Perth at home.

Reply #785816 | Report this post

UseTaHoop  
Years ago

Cairns really are on a roll, but don't have much on the bench. Can they still ride the bubble?

Reply #785826 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Wow, Screen with the "you need .9 on the clock to get a shot off, has to be a dunk surely" expert commentary.

Reply #785880 | Report this post

George  
Years ago

I've heard it all now. Commentators saying Bogut has the best pass in the world. Wow! Who’s the female commentator?

Reply #785884 | Report this post

Perthworld  
Years ago

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jennifer_Screen

Reply #785886 | Report this post

We don't need a link dipshit brother.

Reply #785891 | Report this post

krayola  
Years ago

Louzada right up there as the dumbest player in the league. Defensive breakdowns galore and no clue how to play in a structured offense.

Great game though. Cairns play so well together and these two are so well matched. Kickert winding the clock back!

Reply #785896 | Report this post

GordonG47  
Years ago

Love the way the commentators go on and on about us having 18 turnovers. Sure, that's way too many, but they completely fail to mention the 14 from the Kings.

Kings outplayed us. End of story.

Reply #785901 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Turned off but in first half they said Bogut one of best passing 5s in world which I would agree with.

Reply #785903 | Report this post

Duncan  
Years ago

Great sub Mike Kelly, went on a run with Oliver on the bench. Optimistic he will take the lesson and tear up next game. But him and Noi before the injury, too often hurt the team with 'about me' plays. Much better balance with Djeric as starter, hopefully Noi also uses his talents to help the team when he returns.

4 of last 6 still on the road so a lot of work left to do.

Reply #785906 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Kings looked like they always had the game in hand, Casper won the guard battle. Bogut defensively is a genius, watched his game closely, just knows where to be instantly. Cairns have no bench and the last 45 seconds against kings DP and bottom bench players flattered cairns with their 8 nil run.

Reply #785925 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Good game

Reply #785967 | Report this post

I am sure ch-omicide will declare Kickert as the best player in the NBL after a disappointing outing by his pet Macahdo. Can we please get him off the air?

Reply #785976 | Report this post

Cairns still a good shot at playoffs.
Melbourne appear to be handing their spot to the highest bidder perhaps Adelaide.

Reply #785978 | Report this post

D2.0  
Years ago

Unlike LV, I haven't analysed the whole season schedule in detail, ...
but it always seems a little unfair when a team that has already played, then has to travel and play a 2nd game in as many days, against a fresh team.

That said, this result again shows why Cairns will embarrass a lot of teams on their way to the finals, but have a poor shot at taking out a series.
Cairns have no depth, Jawai can nolonger backup, and Kelly seems to have no choice other than to flog his starters.

Reply #785987 | Report this post

Thanks for stating the obvious. I haven't analysed the whole season schedule in detail, ..." Thats' important too. Something else I don't have to worry about

Reply #785994 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 12:49 pm, Fri 26 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754