Jack Toft
Years ago

Hawks v Phoenix Jan12

The battle of the birds, and both are flying with broken wings. From their last 5 games, both teams have only won one game a pop, so to say both are desperate for a win is an understatement. They are like sub-mariners that have spent six months under the seas and are now in port.

Hawks are yet to host the green machine and on the road, the Phoenix don't travel that well. 2 and 6 is their return on the road, but have lost their last 5 road games so there is obviously a bit of bonding needed and maybe Mrs Creek needs to read them all a bedtime story and Mrs Pineau can make sure they have got clean jocks and socks.

This is actually one the Hawks can get if they want it. At home they have knocked off Cairns (twice) and their big brothers Sydney. I know everyone is probably saying SEM have got this W bagged and tagged, but my score predictor says a 92 to 92 scoreline so this will be close.

My kiss of death will go to SEM for a 1 point win. Surely Illawarra will have some brain fart to hand them the game on the last possession or so.

Topic #46706 | Report this topic

Anonymous  
Years ago

Sem by 17

Reply #786003 | Report this post

Air Delay  
Years ago

I'm feeling that Hobson's going to finally spens more time on he bench than on the court, Dech & Glover make Roberson's life a misery & SEM wont guard Naar off the PNRs too well & my beloved Hawkies swoop home by 6.

Reply #786006 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Who can stop Creek or Wesley from the hawks? Do that and hawks are a chance. Mitchell is a good coach and I think will have the answers for the hawks. SEM by 11.

Reply #786009 | Report this post

Phoenix by 7.

Reply #786014 | Report this post

Air Delay  
Years ago

AJ & Booney to bounce back as twin tower dynamos!

Though when Creek plays the 3 I'm not confident that Toddy or Grida can guard him! : (

Reply #786027 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Hawks by 14

Reply #786033 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

As a Hawks supporter I would like to see less of Hobson & more of the younger guys play. Love it when the mixture of Narr, Dech, Glover, Blanchfield, Grida, Coenraad,Froling & AJ as we play with pace & run the floor. We still might lose but a lot more entertaining than watching Hobson play

Reply #786036 | Report this post

Jack Toft  
Years ago

When Creek is aggressive around the ring, SEM get the wins. The Hawks will need to guard him closely and frustrate him.

Reply #786039 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

any news yet on SEM replacements

Reply #786059 | Report this post

No doubt Homicide is thinking of another name for us.

Reply #786060 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

When is melo back Jesus

Reply #786068 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

never

Reply #786070 | Report this post

Jesus  
Years ago

Have faith, my son, for Melo will return to save your soul only when it becomes darkest.

Reply #786106 | Report this post

Zodiac  
Years ago

John Casey is calling this game!

Reply #786108 | Report this post

Zodiac  
Years ago

Casey, Gaze & Homicide calling the game basically the perfect trio.

Reply #786109 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Ogilvy is sooo trash. Black hole offensively head down dribble dribble hook shot miss. Most selfish guy in NBL. How does he have a contract. Absolute trash

Reply #786112 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

SEM are decent but so thin upfront. Surely they're after another big?

Reply #786126 | Report this post

LV  
Years ago

Gazes man crush on Pineau is a tad OTT

Reply #786136 | Report this post

LV  
Years ago

But given how bad their interior D is right now, they need him

Reply #786137 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

cut Trist sign Luke Nevill 7 2 120KG

Reply #786139 | Report this post

Heal's man crush on Froling and Cadee still more noteable.

Reply #786140 | Report this post

Zodiac  
Years ago

Does Luke Nevill still exist? Been years since I've heard of him when he was playing in Taiwan.

Reply #786142 | Report this post

Sam easily the better Froling.

Reply #786144 | Report this post

LV  
Years ago

That Wesley foul is brutal

Reply #786146 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

So why was gaze only playing pinaeu 2 minutes a game last year . Embarrassing

Reply #786147 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Armstrong doesn't play because I’m still laughing at how he plays defence. Supposed to be a great athlete though, might be better at high jump.

Reply #786148 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Refs did everything they could to give Hawks the win but Kendalls shooting got Phoenix over the line. Man should start & Wesley should come off the bench.

Reply #786151 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Tough games coming for Phoenix.

Reply #786153 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

What was the tiff at the end with the Phoenix players and fat boy aylen? Game was done. Also between the coaches?

Reply #786154 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Phoenix should get a 3/4 that can shoot and move Wesley to 6th man.

Wesley and Pineau clog up space for Creek

Reply #786155 | Report this post

Perthworld  
Years ago

Madgen wanted a foul called on his garbage time three point shot.

Reply #786156 | Report this post

Air Delay  
Years ago

Yeah, my tip for AJ & Booney to bounce back.... waaaaaaaay off : (

Hobson is a CANCER!

How & why did we-

a) sign him?

b) keep playing him?

c) not cut him?

Why why why why?

I just cant understand it : (

Reply #786176 | Report this post

Yeah, Gaze failed Head NBL Coach, Anstey failed Head NBL Coach, Heal failed NBL / WNBL Head Coach. people seriously think their knowledge of the game has cred?

Reply #786178 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Deng Adel would come in handy.

Reply #786180 | Report this post

Failed coaches but all quality players.

Reply #786184 | Report this post

Yes agreed. But I for one know the issues Gaze had in Sydney and I have no respect for Gaze the Head Coach.

Reply #786186 | Report this post

paul  
Years ago

"Phoenix should get a 3/4 that can shoot and move Wesley to 6th man."

Yep agree, provided he can defend and rebound. I would have thought they'd bring Crockett back if he's available (not sure if he is), knows the system, versatile player who can fit around their other players and was starting to find his feet just before Wesley returned.

Reply #786187 | Report this post

LV  
Years ago

SEM remaining games:

@Per
@Syd (2nd game of round)

@Bris
Vs Cai (2nd game)

@Adelaide

Vs Kings

@NZ
Vs Utd (2nd)

Brutal.

Love to see them make it, but no chance.

Reply #786192 | Report this post

If only SEM had the luxurious schedule to close out season that Perth does.

Speaking of Perth they will put them out of their misery on Friday night.

Reply #786213 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Did no one tell ol' Ben Madgen that for/against doesn’t matter anymore?

Reply #786217 | Report this post

koberulz  
Years ago

It does though.

Head-to-head doesn't, but Illawarra are mathematically out of the playoffs anyway, so under the old system there would have been no point taking that shot.

Reply #786219 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I am a Hawks fan and honestly the NBL needs to have a good look at kicking them out and handing their licence to so one else who is actually interested in being competitive.

The attitude of Campbell and Flinn with comments like we want to be a development system is a total farce and beyond pathetic.

AJ and Boone are beyond crap add to that Anderson who has added value but now is done and needs to retire.

Blantchfield has no idea how to defend and imo is over rated anyway.

You have a lot of good young kids having a go with no leadership and a coaching staff who are NBL 1 level at best.

Reply #786300 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Ogilvy has been very good for most of the season, I'm not a hawks supporter but he’s done well.

Future team
Dech, Naar
Glover Grida
import, Blanchfield
Import, Coenrads
Ogilvy, Froling
Harris as eleventh man, has shown a bit. Get two top quality imports wings that play D and can score, are humble and can lead. If you can get that and play your starters bigger minutes that starting five will complete. Perth went with Martin for a decade and Dech can play that roll. Naar is a bit to one dimensional but could be good in situations. Glover with good imports around could be anything. Get an old head over the coaching department for more experience and to allow coach Flynn to bounce things off.

Reply #786310 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Love the youth of this team, keep playing them & sign them to longer contracts. Ideal team I reckon would be

Import, Naar
Dech, Glover
Blanchfield, Grida
Import, Froling, Coenraad
Import, Aj

Froling to mix it up in the 4/5
Imports in the 1 & 4 need to be scorers
Import in the 5 needs to be a banger

Reply #786349 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 5:52 pm, Fri 26 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754