Jack Toft
Years ago

Kings v Phoenix Jan 19

Bogieman or not, Kings did not play well on Friday night, but hey it was a race to the bottom with Phoenix getting absolutely smacked up in Perth. Both teams will want a W. For the Kings, a loss by about 12 or more will see Perth steal top spot and probably stay there. A Phoenix win sees the stay in touch and jump NZ for a week.

Phoenix just can't seem to win out of Melbourne with a poor yield this season. Walker top scored on debut but as sure as Scomo will take a family trip to Hawaii, that tape would be scrutinised over the last 48 hours and the scouting report on him on the coach's desk for an evil plant to be devised.

The Kings are struggling with injury ATM with a few key players out. The Kings at home are strong and Phoenix can't seem to rise out of the ashes on the road. There's no reason why this should not be close and Mitch Creek will fire up to keep the Violet Crumbles on their toes.

Kings by 2

Topic #46749 | Report this topic

Sydney by 7 or more.
Can't afford to lose or George will completely lose his shit.

Reply #787493 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Could be a crappy game, both sides spent a lot time flying. Kings got any chance in staying in top spot it's a must win game.

Kings by 8.

Reply #787514 | Report this post

AngusH  
Years ago

#winforgeorge

Reply #787538 | Report this post

George  
Years ago

Thanks Perthworld & Angus. I like it.
I shall refrain from negativity the best I can.
I'll be out there today hopefully not crying in the stands
No excuses today. Injuries whatever. 1st v 8th. Let’s hope my Kings play like the 1st team & not the 8th.
Hopefully no fade out for the Kings today & Ware gets going early.
I wonder if Weaver has made any defensive adjustments? Probably not. Will the players listen to him today? Probably not.
Drive to the hoop early Kings & it could get ugly.
Let’s face it, Phoenix are pretty bad.

Reply #787542 | Report this post

Perthworld  
Years ago

Did you have a word with Ware during the week? It could be the difference between a win or a loss.

Reply #787572 | Report this post

George  
Years ago

Perthworld.yes I saw them all this morning. Numerous staff have spoken to him about being more aggressive offensively. The players too

Reply #787605 | Report this post

Lol. George we are just pulling your leg.

Reply #787610 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Dark purple v black uniforms. Is that difficult for light v dark. Why are phoenix wearing black. The TV coverage is poor much would be production needing to turn up the brightness.

Reply #787611 | Report this post

Sydney should hammer SEM.

Reply #787612 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Typical kings bullshit going on. Bitching about screens and flopping all over the shop.

Reply #787613 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Broadcast missed caspers 3QT buzzer beater because they were showing replays, classic NBL

Reply #787617 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Good W from the Kings.

Reply #787625 | Report this post

How did you find this game George?

Reply #787628 | Report this post

AngusH  
Years ago

Good to get an easy win. Still think the Kings shoot way too many 3s and drive looking to dish rather than to finish, but with how the past 6 weeks have gone, I'll take it.

Thought there was the usual array of horrible calls tonight - I'm not sure the refs know what an illegal screen is at this point. Obvious ones go uncalled, questionable ones draw a whistle.

Reply #787636 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I got off my arse and went to the game. The first thing I noticed was how good the atmosphere and friendliness of the place, lots of families. Kings have done well there.

The match was very good and I think the kings always had it in hand, Phoenix bench is not great and while adnam was very good offensively, he lets himself down at the other end, worked hard but with a lot Phoenix guys they rely on to few defensively. I'm surprised Pineau last out the game, he move on nearly every screen, normally because he there late and still keeps moving into the defender. Other players got pinged for a lot less so he’s probably worked out how to get away with it.

Bogut is a very smart player and watching him live was worth the admission, his ability to read what was happening was fantastic. Louzada is going to be very good in the nba, has great handles in traffic and gets to the rack at will, plays very good tough D as well. Tate also showed a lot talent and his handles around the basket were great.

Finally neither Pineau or Bruce showed to me that they are as good as Magnay for the mip. Creek looks a bit injured but just kept at it, thought he shade Cook.

Reply #787644 | Report this post

George  
Years ago

Winner winner chicken dinner

Reply #787649 | Report this post

I'm happy for you George.

Reply #787650 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Very respectful applause and lovely speech by the aboriginal elder before the game. Well done by the league and kings.

Reply #787658 | Report this post

Sydney v Perth grand final.

Reply #787666 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 4:43 pm, Fri 26 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754