Essen
Years ago

Breakers appoint female assistant, Coronel gone?

Breakers have appointed Chanel Pompallier as an assistant coach.

At the same time, it's unclear if Coronel will return. But, by the sounds of it, he is on the outer.

https://www.stuff.co.nz/sport/basketball/119991898/nz-breakers-make-history-with-first-woman-assistant-coach-in-chanel-pompallier

Topic #47001 | Report this topic

Anonymous  
Years ago

Is she a director of assistant coaching or a assistant director of coaching?

Reply #797135 | Report this post

LoveBroker  
Years ago

The Breakers are creaming themselves like they are the first to have a female assistance coach.

and they've called Shamir the HEad Coach now.

Reply #797138 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

So what was Tracy York's role at the 36ers? Was she an assistant?

Reply #797139 | Report this post

PlaymakerMo  
Years ago

Are they claiming this is the first female assistant in NBL or Breakers history?

I'd read the article, but don't want to give trashy tabloids clicks.

Reply #797140 | Report this post

Essen  
Years ago

First in NZ professional sport.

Reply #797143 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

The never claimed it was the first female coach in the NBL. It's the first for the Breakers.

Reply #797147 | Report this post

LoveBroker  
Years ago

I got it from this.

https://thewest.com.au/sport/basketball/female-assistant-coach-chanel-pompallier-to-make-nbl-history-as-new-zealand-breakers-assistant-ng-b881479489z

Reply #797152 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Yeh article says she will follow in footsteps of other female assistants such as Tracy York.

Great news
Wish her all the best

Reply #797154 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Wasn't Timms at Dragons as well?

Reply #797169 | Report this post

Bigdog  
Years ago

Coronil is NZs leading bball mind, and coach with great potential. Has coached in the nznbl for years.

Disappointed he diesnt appear to be involved. Piss poor comms from the breakers if he isn't involved. Show some honesty, tell us what has happened.

Stop pissing in our pocket and telling us it is raining.

Reply #797177 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

" Coronil is NZs leading bball mind, and coach with great potential."

Big call to put him ahead of Henare.

It may be that Zico is moving into something bigger and better or he wants more $.

Reply #797185 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Henare and Zico to Sixers, now that would be good.

Reply #797190 | Report this post

Perthworld  
Years ago

Lori Chizik was the first female NBL assistant coach way back in 2000 with the Titans.

Reply #797204 | Report this post

Mystro  
Years ago

Jarred Weeks has signed on for another year at the Breakers announced this morning.

Reply #797218 | Report this post

Bigdog  
Years ago

Badly written post by me. I dont put him ahead of henare, vucinic, baldwin

In fact there rate ithers who I rate like stone, Cameron, flavell, braswell.

I should have said he is one of nzs leading basketball minds. Certainly in the nznbl right now.

Pompellier all good, but not at the expense of coronel.

Reply #797219 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

I wrote what would've been the first reply, quoting the article's listing of previous female NBL assistant coaches. Then I thought, don't assume that pedants and non-article-readers will steer the conversation, and deleted it. Well.

The Breakers are creaming themselves like they are the first to have a female assistance coach.
No, they're trying to get press coverage like any other organisation in the world. You know how the 36ers say they'll leave no stone unturned in their head coach search blah blah blah.

Reply #797235 | Report this post

Mystro  
Years ago

I would put Ross McMains at the top of that list Bigdog but Zico def makes the list.

Reply #797250 | Report this post

Perthworld  
Years ago

Isaac the worst thing about it was the pedants naming random assistants unable to recall the first one.

Reply #797253 | Report this post

Bigdog  
Years ago

Mystro

Yes I overlooked Mains. Super talent.

Reply #797276 | Report this post

MACDUB  
Years ago

Coronel is one of the best basketball minds in Australasia.
It would defy common sense for him not to be involved in the NBL at all (unless he had something else lined up already).
If other NBL coaches are checkers, then he is chess. His approach is super modern and revolutionary

Reply #797278 | Report this post

Bigdog  
Years ago

Macdub

Yeah I agree. So what is the go with him here?

Defending silence from breakers.

Reply #797308 | Report this post

Essen  
Years ago

There was talk he was joining the Houston Rockets not long before he signed with the Breakers. I wouldn't be surprised to see him in the NBA or at least G League.

Reply #797312 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 4:42 am, Sat 27 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754