Cats for life
Years ago

GF Series: Game 2 Wildcats v Kings

Game 1 done and dusted, cooks came out saying they need to drop cotton a few times and try to run him down in a 5 game series.

Pressure on Sydney now to try and even the series, Ware I think will step up and do a cotton on Perth. 50/50 game for me, Sydney are loaded, Perth would want to hold court and try to wrap up the gf on Sunday.

Perth need to win to keep the pressure on, white is the x factor and Ware for me will decide the outcome.

Topic #47016 | Report this topic

Anonymous  
Years ago

Perth 102 Sydney 97

Reply #798290 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Imo it'll take a major upset for Perth to not win this, it might be close for a while though. Kay ability to keep Tate reasonably quiet and score himself will be crucial. White to also score frequently to help Cotton. Only thing that I can see against Perth is complacency.

Reply #798291 | Report this post

LV  
Years ago

I predict another super tight game. Both teams will make adjustments.

I can't see either team getting trounced in Game 2 like they did in the semi finals

Reply #798292 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Philadelphia (city of) have just recommended that people do not gather in groups larger than 5,000. So that, of course, immediately impacts the 20,000 seat 76ers games and I believe becomes the first NBA city to have such a ruling or recommendation (surely NYC will be next).

I think the European bans and US recommendations will quickly flow to Australia whether the local government does similar or not (or even if they say "it's all fine here") and people will stay away from such events. Such a bummer for the NBL that it will almost certainly impact this series.

Reply #798297 | Report this post

proud  
Years ago

Looking forward to seeing Plumlee have a really good game and seeing what Weaver has planned to top him.

Steindl has been playing well of late too so I hope that continues.

I feel like this will be double figure margin either way but I doubt more than twelve points.

Perth have had amazing first halves vs Sydney this season in Perth so I hope that continues.

Reply #798299 | Report this post

Joe  
Years ago

Sydney lose by 2 with their best scorer going 1 for 17. Anybody think Perth wins if cotton goes 1 for 17.

Reply #798300 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

He went 2/16 in game 3 of the semi final and Perth still won by 11.

Reply #798301 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

#297 yep it's not looking good for the NBL finals at all, Sydney won’t have a crowd.

Reply #798303 | Report this post

Joe  
Years ago

He didn't go 2 for 16 against Sydney.

Reply #798304 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

"Sydney lose by 2 with their best scorer going 1 for 17"

Jae'Sean Tate didn't go 1 for 17.

Reply #798307 | Report this post

Luuuc  
Years ago

Everyone with Covid-19 needs to stay home this Friday. I'm totally cool with catching it at game 4, but not this week.

Reply #798310 | Report this post

Bol  
Years ago

My feeling is whoever wins this game wins the series

Reply #798322 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Casper Ware has got Cofer-14.

Reply #798323 | Report this post

LV  
Years ago

From memory, Blanchfield had a year left and asked the Kings to cancel it. Moller could do the same.

It'd be the right thing to do for the Kings to let him go, since they screwed him over by signing a World Cup Boomer selection to take his spot in the rotation.

Reply #798324 | Report this post

LV  
Years ago

Wrong thread, re posted in other thread

Reply #798326 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

(Everyone with Covid-19 needs to stay home this Friday. I'm totally cool with catching it at game 4, but not this week.)

Too late:

Meanwhile, the Australian Medical Association's WA division says serious consideration should soon be given to banning mass gatherings and closing all schools to stop the spread of the coronavirus, echoing comments by a Sydney emergency department worker who yesterday called for widespread quarantines.

AMA WA President Dr Andrew Miller said he understood politicians were trying to prevent panic but he was concerned preparations for a pandemic were progressing too slowly.

Reply #798328 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Perth will smash Sydney in this one. Comfortable 10+ win

Reply #798329 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

^Probably I here Sydney players are going to wear bubble suits.

Reply #798331 | Report this post

Manu Fieldel  
Years ago

I'm warming to the Kings for this one

Reply #798333 | Report this post

Senator11  
Years ago

Only way Kings win is if Weaver stops being stubborn and play the guys that are/should be on court when it matters, Bruce finishing the game over Lisch? You deserve to lose if that's your tactic. Gleeson could probably coach this Kings team to a 20 pt win over the Wildcats...

Reply #798336 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Can we quarantine the coronavirus posts?

Reply #798338 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

^Do you live with your eyes closed?

Reply #798340 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

No, I just don't think there is reason to mention the virus all the time because the hysteria it is creating is making things worse.

Reply #798341 | Report this post

Craig  
Years ago

Hearing about the corona virus on hoops forum has made me more worried about it... I will no longer be going out to watch the game but will instead sit at home.

Reply #798342 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

This guy felt the same as you 3 weeks ago.

Coronavirus doesn't stop for basketball finals.

I may be repeating myself, but I want to fight this sense of security that I see outside of the epicenters, as if nothing was going to happen "here". The media in Europe are reassuring, politicians are reassuring, while there's little to be reassured of. #COVID19 #coronavirus
2/ This is the English translation of a post of another ICU physician in Bergamo, Dr. Daniele Macchini. Read until the end "After much thought about whether and what to write about what is happening to us, I felt that silence was not responsible. I will therefore try to convey to people far from our reality what we are living in Bergamo in these days of Covid-19 pandemic. I understand the need not to create panic, but when the message of the dangerousness of what is happening does not reach people I shudder.
4/ I myself watched with some amazement the reorganization of the entire hospital in the past week, when our current enemy was still in the shadows: the wards slowly "emptied", elective activitieswere interrupted, intensive care were freed up to create as many beds as possible.
5/ All this rapid transformation brought an atmosphere of silence and surreal emptiness to the corridors of the hospital that we did not yet understand, waiting for a war that was yet to begin and that many (including me) were not so sure would ever come with such ferocity.
6/ I still remember my night call a week ago when I was waiting for the results of a swab. When I think about it, my anxiety over one possible case seems almost ridiculous and unjustified, now that I've seen what's happening. Well, the situation now is dramatic to say the least.
7/ The war has literally exploded and battles are uninterrupted day and night. But now that need for beds has arrived in all its drama. One after the other the departments that had been emptied fill up at an impressive pace.
8/ The boards with the names of the patients, of different colours depending on the operating unit, are now all red and instead of surgery you see the diagnosis, which is always the damned same: bilateral interstitial pneumonia.
9/ Now, explain to me which flu virus causes such a rapid drama. [post continues comparing covid19 to flu, link below]. And while there are still people who boast of not being afraid by ignoring directions, protesting because their normal routine is"temporarily" put in crisis,
10/ the epidemiological disaster is taking place. And there are no more surgeons, urologists, orthopedists, we are only doctors who suddenly become part of a single team to face this tsunami that has overwhelmed us.
11/ Cases are multiplying, we arrive at a rate of 15-20 admissions per day all for the same reason. The results of the swabs now come one after the other: positive, positive, positive. Suddenly the E.R. is collapsing.
12/ Reasons for the access always the same: fever and breathing difficulties, fever and cough, respiratory failure. Radiology reports always the same: bilateral interstitial pneumonia, bilateral interstitial pneumonia, bilateral interstitial pneumonia. All to be hospitalized.
13/ Someone already to be intubated and go to intensive care. For others it's too late... Every ventilator becomes like gold: those in operating theatres that have now suspended their non-urgent activity become intensive care places that did not exist before.
14/ The staff is exhausted. I saw the tiredness on faces that didn't know what it was despite the already exhausting workloads they had. I saw a solidarity of all of us, who never failed to go to our internist colleagues to ask "what can I do for you now?"
15/ Doctors who move beds and transfer patients, who administer therapies instead of nurses. Nurses with tears in their eyes because we can't save everyone, and the vital parameters of several patients at the same time reveal an already marked destiny.
16/ There are no more shifts, no more hours. Social life is suspended for us. We no longer see our families for fear of infecting them. Some of us have already become infected despite the protocols.
17/ Some of our colleagues who are infected also have infected relatives and some of their relatives are already struggling between life and death. So be patient, you can't go to the theatre, museums or the gym. Try to have pity on the myriad of old people you could exterminate.
18/ We just try to make ourselves useful. You should do the same: we influence the life and death of a few dozen people. You with yours, many more. Please share this message. We must spread the word to prevent what is happening here from happening all over Italy."
20/ I finish by saying that I really don't understand this war on panic. The only reason I see is mask shortages, but there's no mask on sale anymore. We don't have a lot of studies, but is it panic really worse than neglect and carelessness during an epidemic of this sort?
19/ Full post here, you can DeepL:

Reply #798343 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

so convincing...

Reply #798344 | Report this post

Senator11  
Years ago

In all seriousness COVID19 is only just beginning, estimated just under 50% of the worlds population will be infected and 1% will die. That's pretty serious stuff.

Reply #798345 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Perth easily. Weaver is a fraud. Has zero feel for the game and makes no in game adjustments. He was outcoached by Vickerman in the semis and Gleeson is eating him alive so far.

Reply #798346 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

^Eyes closed, watch you don't run into the Coronavirus.
By the way wa now has 9 people infected, Perth might be the most isolated city on earth but the Coronavirus doesn’t care about that.

Reply #798350 | Report this post

Craig  
Years ago

You must be the same person taking all the toilet paper!

Reply #798358 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Perth by 8.

Reply #798359 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Narrrr I use gum leaves.

Reply #798362 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Coronavirus cases in Australia same as Italy's two weeks ago as doctors warn outbreak 'cannot be stopped’
Doctors have warned that "we cannot stop a further outbreak" of the new coronavirus and the focus now must be on “flattening the curve” of new infections to give the health system time to prepare.

Australia now has 116 confirmed cases of COVID-19 and there are fears that number could reach thousands within weeks, based on experience in other countries where cases have doubled every six days.

As a growing number of schools and university campuses are closed and concerts and other public gatherings cancelled by organisers, experts say Italian-style quarantine measures may soon be required to prevent widespread community transmission.

It’s now at 133 and counting, if you keep your eyes shut really tight you won’t get it or pass it on to family members. Good Luke with that.

Reply #798363 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

The coronavirus isn't going to kill anyone who isn't already susceptible to death by flu.

Reply #798365 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

How about a separate coronavirus thread.

Perth 3-1. Cotton for MVP.

Reply #798367 | Report this post

Reality  
Years ago

The game will be played behind closed doors!

Expect NBL advice's tomorrow re this but Government going to formally request it.

Reply #798369 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

(The coronavirus isn't going to kill anyone who isn't already susceptible to death by flu.)

Ok boomer you my friend have just condemned a lot of Australians to death, aren't you the grim reaper of basketball, I hope none of your family fall in that category.

DOCTORS have today warned Britain faces a coronavirus lockdown like Italy in 14 days with pubs shutting and sporting events being suspended.
The whole of Italy is in lockdown with travel and public gatherings banned as the number of deaths soared past 450.

Reply #798371 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Start another thread if you want to keep discussing it. This is about game 2.

Reply #798372 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

(How about a separate coronavirus thread.

Perth 3-1. Cotton for MVP.)

Will that put your mind at ease so you can concentrate on basketball?

Prevention is better than a cure (in this case there is no cure).

Reply #798373 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

(Start another thread if you want to keep discussing it. This is about game 2.)

At this rate you will be lucky to get to game two. I'm sorry if the Coronavirus is interrupting your basketball game.

#anyonebuttheCoronavirus

Reply #798374 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Start another thread.

Reply #798375 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Am I scaring you?

How about people coming from nsw to watch game two?

Or how about if someone playing for Sydney already has it?

Shiting your self yet? Don't worry if you don’t have toilet paper you can use gum leaves or a fluffy dog.

There are now 133 cases of coronavirus across the country after more cases were confirmed today. More than 9000 people have been tested in NSW alone, the country's worst affected state with 65 cases. Three Australians have died so far as Sydney proves a hotspot.

Reply #798380 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

(Start another thread.)

You can't catch it from a forum thread do be so paranoid.

Reply #798383 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

You seem obsessed with posting as much coronavirus info as you can.

Reply #798385 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

AFL has stated Round 1 will go ahead with fans so I doubt NBL have any issues. So now go away clown

Reply #798387 | Report this post

Senator11  
Years ago

"Expect NBL advice's tomorrow re this but Government going to formally request it."

COVID19 is definitely a ploy to shut down the Red Army so that the Kings have a chance in Perth and to avoid home cooking.

Reply #798388 | Report this post

Reality  
Years ago

No WCE game round 1 in the AFL and no Wildcats should have the ferals pretty fired up out west.

Reply #798391 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

(AFL has stated Round 1 will go ahead with fans so I doubt NBL have any issues. So now go away clown)

Well if the afl are doing it every one will.
Let's say someone contracts it at Perths NBL game can that person sue the NBL? Or Perth Wildcats? Interesting isn’t it.

Sorry if the Coronavirus is interfering with your basketball game.
I can see your priorities are basketball 1st living in the real world 2nd. Have a good time in the Petri dish I mean second game of the finals in Perth.

Reply #798395 | Report this post

Senator11  
Years ago

"Let's say someone contracts it at Perths NBL game can that person sue the NBL? Or Perth Wildcats? Interesting isn't it."

What? Suing someone for essentially catching the flu?!?

Reply #798400 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Go away troll

Reply #798402 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

#395 probably one of those people bulk panic buying toilet paper

Reply #798403 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

(What? Suing someone for essentially catching the flu?!?)

You have no idea lol

Say you go to the game and you catch it ( hopefully not) but then take it home with you, then you pass it on to your family maybe then your parents drop around for a visit and they get infected ( hope all your family are all fit and well). this is not the flu it spreads 4x faster than the flu and out of every 100 people who get this 3.4 people die. How will you explain that to your kids,partner and parents? "I really had to go to the game to support my team sorry family" and if someone you know dies from it will you want compensation for your loss ( not that I'd want that to happen to anyone). This is real and it’s coming to a gathering near you.

Reply #798407 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

(395 probably one of those people bulk panic buying toilet paper)

Like I said before I use gum leaves and fluffy dogs

Reply #798410 | Report this post

Senator11  
Years ago

"You have no idea lol"

Well I've worked as a clinical in the health profession for 10 years and I currently sit next to the infection control nurse, but I know nothing.

You points about the virus spreading are true, but yes it comes down to an individuals choice so no one's getting sued. Stop harbouring the apocalypse and wash your hands, cover your mouth when you cough and be vigilant. SMH.

Reply #798411 | Report this post

Train  
Years ago

Bloody hell, lay off the caffeine dude.

Reply #798414 | Report this post

LoveBroker  
Years ago

If people know they are possibly at risk or unwell they should not be attending any public gatherings or using public transport.

For the sake of the NBL and the safety of its fans, can we please have a sweep so that fan's aren't unnecessarily exposed?

Reply #798420 | Report this post

Senator11  
Years ago

"For the sake of the NBL and the safety of its fans, can we please have a sweep so that fan's aren't unnecessarily exposed?"

Agreed, if you're showing anything that resembles a symptom stay home FFS.

Reply #798421 | Report this post

Perthworld  
Years ago

I read a piece a moment ago where one doctor is calling for a quarantine of Sydney. Feels like it would be irresponsible for the Kings to fly here?

Wildcats then win on awarded walkover in Games 2 & 3 as per FIBA rules (20-0 scoreline in each). Works for me and everyone else on the good side against evil.

The Game 1 win could be more pivotal than first thought!

#AnyoneButSydney

Reply #798422 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

(Well I've worked as a clinical in the health profession for 10 years and I currently sit next to the infection control nurse, but I know nothing.)

If that's where you work you should be more concerned than what you are right now.

(If people know they are possibly at risk or unwell they should not be attending any public gatherings or using public transport.)

They should and most do but a few don’t take orders to well.

(Bloody hell, lay off the caffeine dude.)

I don’t drink coffee

So just quick 15000 people with Coronavirus and 3.4 in 100 die that would make it 510 people out 15000 could die, that’s a lot.
Have a good time at the game guys lol

Reply #798424 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Are going to the game Perthworld?

#anyonebutCoronavirus

Reply #798426 | Report this post

Senator11  
Years ago

As of 13:30 AWST 10 March 2020, there have been six confirmed cases in WA. Two cases were
associated with the Diamond Princess cruise ship; two cases were associated with overseas travel;
one case was a contact of a case associated with overseas travel; and one case had no history of
overseas travel. One of the four cases is reported to have cleared their infection. On 1 March 2020,
the first coronavirus related death in Australia was reported, in a 78-year-old man from WA, who
was a passenger on the Diamond Princess cruise ship. An additional 1,874 people tested for
COVID-19 in WA have had a negative result.

Reply #798428 | Report this post

PlaymakerMo  
Years ago

"If people know they are possibly at risk or unwell they should not be attending any public gatherings or using public transport."

On a fundamental level I agree with you Lovebroker.

However, from what I've read a trait of COVID-19 is a longer than normal incubation period compared with seasonal flu. Therefore the virus is more likely to spread as people go about their daily lives and come into contact with others without knowing that they themselves are infected.

The moronic reactions such as stockpiling toilet paper seem pretty typical of, well, morons. In saying that, it seems there's an uncomfortable level of uncertainty even among intelligent people and knowledgeable health professionals about pragmatic responses to COVID-19 since we have been playing catch-up - given a Chinese lab origin and all the inherent secrecy.

I mean, epidemiologists have used case studies from World of Warcraft of all things to inform their understanding of infectious disease. This kind of policy-making is complex shit.

Reply #798429 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

(You points about the virus spreading are true, but yes it comes down to an individuals choice so no one's getting sued. Stop harbouring the apocalypse and wash your hands, cover your mouth when you cough and be vigilant. SMH.)

I guess you could risk it for biscuit, but you should know individuals are batflu crazy.
Wash hands yes
Cover your mouth good idea
Vigilante mmmm it's invisible you should know that working in health care.

Reply #798430 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Santator check again wa now has 9 cases as of 12:09pm est.
You should know this working in the health care sector, keep up to date.

Reply #798431 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I could also go to a public gathering and catch meningococcal or hepatitis or get hit by an out of control car! Let's all stay at home and sit in bubble wrap. Brilliant idea.

Reply #798432 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I refuse to be a scared little sheep.
Live life to the fullest.

Reply #798436 | Report this post

Senator11  
Years ago

"You should know this working in the health care sector, keep up to date."

Google all you want, I use updated WA Health Department updates with confirmed information.

Reply #798437 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Good to see the Formula 1 Grand Prix at Albert Park is closing it's gates to the general public!! NOT lol

Reply #798439 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Nsw has 65 cases, Australia has 133 and 3 have died (very sad) and if its 3.4 die in every 100 where are the other 200 cases Walking around in the community, the same people that the government wont test.
Now Perth is hosting the game 2 that some Sydney siders possibly from the north shore will attend cough cough with 15000 other people, do you get my drift?

Reply #798440 | Report this post

Train  
Years ago

Don't go swimming in the ocean, there are sharks and you may die.

Reply #798444 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

(I could also go to a public gathering and catch meningococcal or hepatitis or get hit by an out of control car! Let's all stay at home and sit in bubble wrap. Brilliant idea.)

I fully agree you should go, have fun
Meningococcal isn't that from air cons, that’s localised, hepatitis you have to be doing some dirty sh:t to get that, hit by car I’ve done that and survived and without passing it on to others.

Reply #798445 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Yes the drift is you're an attempted scaremonger

Reply #798446 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

(Google all you want, I use updated WA Health Department updates with confirmed information.)

Wa health is wrong:

12:09 pmMarch 11, 2020
HIGHLIGHT
Three new cases for WA

Stephanie Bedo
There are three new cases of coronavirus in Western Australia, taking the total number for the state to nine.

The three have recently returned from overseas.

The two men and one woman had travelled to Europe, the UK and US. They are all stable and in home isolation

Reply #798447 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

(Good to see the Formula 1 Grand Prix at Albert Park is closing it's gates to the general public!! NOT lol)

You should go then,

12:15 pmMarch 11, 2020
HIGHLIGHT
Grand Prix on track to start

Stephanie Bedo
Ferrari team members from the epicentre of Italy's coronavirus outbreak have arrived in Melbourne ahead of the Grand Prix.

More than 150 people from the Lombardy region got special permission to travel from the Italian government.
the last jet from Italy is about to land

Reply #798448 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

(Yes the drift is you're an attempted scaremonger)

Why would you be scared it's just like a flu isn’t it?
You will be fine at the game all good, you might have to take your own toilet paper.

Reply #798450 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I don't recall ever saying I was scared. I just laugh at your trolling and attempted scaremongering. NRL is going ahead this weekend, Grand Prix is going ahead this weekend all in front of fans. The NBL will too.

Reply #798451 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

(Don't go swimming in the ocean, there are sharks and you may die.)

I surf its awesome rainbow beach,snapper,Coolangatta, kirra and I've seen a few sharks over the years. You can just get out of the water when their around because you can see them.

Reply #798452 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

(I don't recall ever saying I was scared. I just laugh at your trolling and attempted scaremongering. NRL is going ahead this weekend, Grand Prix is going ahead this weekend all in front of fans. The NBL will too.)

Me thinks you protest to much. Go to the game have fun.

Reply #798454 | Report this post

Train  
Years ago

"You can just get out of the water when their around because you can see them"

That's probably a good idea because I hear they are attracted to stupid.

Reply #798455 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I will and I will

Reply #798456 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Italy's doctors and citizens are trying to tell the world just that.

"Please, please guys. Here in northern #Italy we made one big mistake. Everybody kept saying 'It’s just flu’ and now our intensive care units are collapsing," a resident of Lombardy warned friends via Twitter. “Everybody kept going outside like nothing happened and now our grandparents and parents are dying.”

EVADING QUARANTINE

“We will need to ask Victorians to do things we have never asked them to do before,” Victoria’s Premier Daniel Andrews warned yesterday.

Exactly what depends on what he and other Premiers do now.

For weeks, international epidemiologists have been repeating one clear message: prepare for social distancing.

That isn’t quarantine. Not quite.

It’s a cancellation of crowded public gatherings. It’s the closure of schools. It’s not shaking hands. It’s the enforcement of at least 1m of personal space in public places to make it difficult for the virus to jump from one to another.

Reply #798459 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

(That's probably a good idea because I hear they are attracted to stupid.)

Well I guess you should know.
Sounds like your an expert on stupid lol

Reply #798460 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

(I will and I will)

Good luck
You should wave so I can see you on tv :)

Reply #798461 | Report this post

Craig  
Years ago

Ok so those who think the game should be in an empty stadium, pretend it will be and comment about the game.

Those who think it will have a packed stadium, pretend it will be and comment about the game.

Those who want to talk Corona Virus, go to the thread discussing it?

Reply #798463 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

36m agoMarch 11, 2020
HIGHLIGHT
F1 team members put in isolation

Benjamin Graham
Three Formula One team members at the Australian Grand Prix have been placed into isolation over concerns they may have contracted the coronavirus.

One member from McLaren and two from the Haas teams were evaluated at the circuit's isolation unit after showing fever symptoms at the track.

The team members have been tested for the virus and placed under self isolation at their hotels.

Reply #798468 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

(Ok so those who think the game should be in an empty stadium, pretend it will be and comment about the game.

Those who think it will have a packed stadium, pretend it will be and comment about the game.

Those who want to talk Corona Virus, go to the thread discussing it?)

If we close our eyes really tight it might go away. Do you think it's still going ahead?

Reply #798469 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

There is a dedicated coronavirus thread now .

Reply #798470 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

And your closing your eyes tight.

Reply #798472 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Ben Grahamnews.com.au
It was early one morning when residents at Hong Mei House — an apartment block in Hong Kong — were ordered to evacuate over coronavirus fears.

Five residents living on different floors had been confirmed as having the deadly disease, but how they contracted it still has scientists scratching their heads.

That's because most international experts, and Australian government for that matter, currently believe the COVID-19 is spread via droplets when an infected person sneezes or coughs.

Reply #798473 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Hay reality and the scaremongering dude...this weekends games will go ahead as planned. Eat a dick

Reply #798511 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

(Might want to check the NBL coronavirus press release from 30 mins ago!)

This is when the NBL will be liable if someone in the crowd is infected with Coronavirus, the wildcats team should be in 14 day lockdown the NBL knows about this now, if you get Coronavirus after attending the game you can sue the NBL. Also if any Sydney players get infected they could sue the NBL as well for negligence. This could get really ugly for the NBL.

Same with the f1 Organization after 3 mechanics have self isolated in their hotel rooms. Not good.

Lol I eat pussy but you feel free to eat a dick Nancy boy lol

Reply #798526 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Did Mummy come home and you had to get off the internet :)

Reply #798530 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Coronavirus patient visits Perth supermarket

Phoebe Loomes
A Woolworths in Perth has warned customers that a person infected with the coronavirus shopped at the supermarket on the weekend.

The Livingston Marketplace Woolies in Canning Vale in Perth's southern suburbs posted a customer notice yesterday, saying the Department of Health of Western Australia had contacted them over the customer's visit.
Woolworths shared this notice to their customers their store in Livingston. Picture: FacebookThe Woolworths in Livingston Marketplace. Picture: via Google Maps

The shopper, who has been confirmed as having COVID-19 was inside the Woolworths between 11.30am and 2.30pm on Sunday. The risk of others shopping in the store contracting the coronavirus is "very low" but if they become unwell they should contact the Department, according to the notice.

Nine people have now been diagnosed with coronavirus in Western Australia.

Three more people, including two men in their 50s and 60s and one woman in her 30s, were announced as having been diagnosed yesterday by chief health officer Andrew Robertson said on Wednesday.

The World Health Organisation (WHO) began describing the coronavirus outbreak as a "pandemic" on Wednesday .

"We are deeply concerned both by the alarming levels of spread and severity and by the alarming levels of inaction," WHO chief Tedros Adhanom Ghebreyesus told reporters in Geneva on Wednesday.

“We have therefore made the assessment that COVID-19 can be characterised as a pandemic,” he said, using the formal name of the coronavirus. There are now more than 118,000 infections in 114 countries and 4291 people have died of the virus, with the numbers expected to climb, Tedros said. Use of the word pandemic does not change the WHO's response, the organisation’s emergencies program head Mike Ryan said.

Reply #798535 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

The World Health Organisation (WHO) has officially declared the global coronavirus crisis a pandemic.

"The WHO has been assessing this outbreak around the clock and we are deeply concerned both by the alarming levels of spread and severity, and by the alarming levels of inaction," WHO chief Tedros Adhanom Ghebreyesus said at a press conference in Geneva early on Thursday morning.

“We have therefore made the assessment that COVID-19 can be characterised as a pandemic.”
The organisation defines pandemic as “an outbreak of a new pathogen that spreads easily from person to person across the globe”.

But Dr Tedros warned the word should not cause “unreasonable fear”, saying more than 90 per cent of the world's cases were still in just four countries: China, South Korea, Italy and Iran.

“Pandemic is not a word to use lightly or carelessly. It is a word that, if misused, can cause unreasonable fear, or unjustified acceptance that the fight is over, leading to unnecessary suffering and death,” he said.

“Describing the situation as a pandemic does not change WHO’s assessment of the threat posed by this coronavirus. It doesn’t change what WHO is doing, and it doesn’t change what countries should do.”

It comes as a top health official in the US has told the House Oversight Committee that the virus will get worse.

“The bottom line - It is going to get worse,” National Institute of Allergy and Infectious Diseases, director Anthony S. Fauci said.

“We would recommend that there not be large crowds. If that means not having any people in the audience as the NBA plays, so be it.”

The WHO had previously shied away from using the word, but now appears to want to shock countries into action.

“We have called every day for countries to take urgent and aggressive action. We have rung the alarm bell loud and clear,” Dr Tedros said.

“All countries can still change the course of this pandemic. If countries detect, test, treat, isolate, trace and mobilise their people in the response.

“We’re in this together, to do the right things with calm and protect the citizens of the world. It’s doable.”
More than 120,000 cases of the virus have now been confirmed across 114 countries, and 4,373 people have died.

But those figures are expected to climb even higher over the next few weeks, Dr Tedros said.

“In the past two weeks, the number of cases of COVID-19 outside China has increased 13-fold and the number of affected countries has tripled,” he said.

“Thousands more are fighting for their lives in hospitals.”

With the number of new cases being reported in China on the decline, Iran and Italy are emerging as the new frontlines.

Iran announced 63 new deaths on Wednesday, taking its total to 354, while Italian doctors say some hospitals are now having to run warlike operations, where younger patients with a higher chance of survival are being prioritised.

As of Wednesday evening, Australia had 128 cases, with 65 in New South Wales, 22 in Victoria, 20 in Queensland, 9 in both Western Australia and South Australia and 3 in Tasmania.

Reply #798536 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Post this shit in the coronavirus thread

Reply #798543 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

^Eat a dick lol

Reply #798548 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I'm looking forward to seeing what adjustments both teams make and to see how much intensity Sydney play with after having lost HCA.

Reply #798549 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Coronavirus or not I can see Perth winning the title again.

Reply #798551 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Coronavirus cases in Australia have spiked this morning with 12 new cases confirmed in NSW overnight, bringing the nation's total to almost 150.

A disturbing number of new cases have emerged in NSW with no identifiable source of transmission.

It comes as Australia has been urged to shut its borders or face a 'complete and utter epidemic'.

Grattan Institute’s chief executive John Daley called for Scott Morrison to follow Japan, Hong Kong and Singapore by introducing radical social distancing measures to curb the spread of COVID-19, including closing borders, shutting schools and universities and cancelling mass events.

As of this morning Australia has almost 150 cases, with 77 in New South Wales, 25 in Victoria, 20 in Queensland, 9 in both Western Australia and South Australia, 3 in Tasmania, one in the Northern Territory and 10 on the Diamond Princess.

The World Health Organisation (WHO) has now declared the global crisis a pandemic, saying it is "deeply concerned" by the alarming levels of spread, severity and inaction.

Follow our live, rolling coverage of the coronavirus pandemic below.

Reply #798552 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Yay for copy and paste.

Reply #798554 | Report this post

Hoopie  
Years ago

Why is the NBL liable and able to be sued by a spectator who CHOOSES to go to the event?

I can understand that they'd be liable if sued by a player of ref or official who have no choice but to turn up, but if a spectator is prepared to risk catching the virus by turning up than that’s their own choice.

Reply #798561 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Coronavirus' impact has landed on the NBA’s doorstep with the league officially suspending the season following today’s games.

A game between the Utah Jazz and Oklahoma City Thunder was called off after several players were reported as having "virus like symptoms" before Jazz big man Rudy Gobert returned a positive test for coronavirus.
Gobert was listed as out ahead of the game but returned the test an hour after the game was offically called off.
A statement from the league announced the season would be put on hold following the completion of today’s games.

“The NBA is suspending game play following the conclusion of tonight’s schedule of games until further notice. The NBA will use this hiatus to determine next steps for moving forward in regard to the coronavirus pandemic”.

Gobert’s positive test was returned prior to the game and saw a Thunder doctor run out onto the court before play was about to commence and inform the three officials.

Gobert was not in attendance in the arena.

All players were then taken from the court and back to the locker rooms as fans waited to find out if the game would be played.

After over half an hour of fans sitting and waiting for an official update, the stadium announcer stated the game was being postponed before telling all those in attendance “you’re all safe”.

“Due to unforeseen circumstances, the game tonight has been postponed. You’re all safe. Take time in leaving the arena.”

Fans in attendance booed loudly as the announcement was read out that the game was being called off.

No official reason was given as to why the game had been postponed, but with several players listed as out due to illness it’s believed the fears of coronavirus spreading to a packed arena are behind the decision.

Jazz big man Rudy Gobert was listed as out ahead of the game due to illness, along with Emmanuel Mudiay, just days after making light of the situation.

After the league implemented procedures to isolate players from the media, Gobert ignored those precautions two days ago.

At the completion of a media availabilty which was conducted with Gobert at a distance from the reporters in attendance, the big man leaned over and touched every reporters recorder.

Both Jazz players were reported to have “virus like symptoms”
Close to an hour after the game was abandoned, players remained isolated in the locker rooms and confusion surrounded just what was unfolding.

Talks in the NBA have been ongoing between the league and owners about games taking place in front of empty stands with a majority of owners leaning towards playing without fans.

According to ESPN’s Adrian Wojnarowski the consensus was for games to continue going ahead but in front of empty stadiums.
After the announcement of the Jazz and Thunder game being delayed several NBA players weighed in with Los Angeles Lakers player Jared Dudley believing the season was about to be put on hold.

“Oh they bout to shut this season down for a couple weeks,” Dudley wrote.

“If you’re gonna take precaution, if any. Take all precautions,” Los Angeles Clippers guard Lou Williams wrote.

Reply #798615 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

^I guess they don't want to be sued hay

The NBL knows the wildcats should be in lockdown, it will their folt if anyone is infected and dies.

Reply #798618 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Wa 9 cases atm
Sa 9 cases atm

You can keep it at low numbers if you do it right, look what's happening in China and Italy that’s going to happen in Sydney and Brisbane, but wa and sa can learn from the failure of other states, don’t listen to scomo it’s not just like a flu.

Stay safe everyone and to the eat a dick guy .........eat a dick motherfucker enjoy the game

Reply #798641 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Joe Ingles' Utah Jazz have been rocked again with a second player, All-Star guard Donovan Mitchell, testing positive for the coronavirus.

It follows the revelation on Thursday that All-Star centre Rudy Gobert had tested positive and there are fears for other Australian NBA players Dante Exum, Thon Maker and Matthew Dellavedova.

Reply #798844 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

The Australian Grand Prix has been postponed following McLaren's withdrawal from the Formula One season opener after a team member tested positive for coronavirus, according to reports.

The decision was made following a crisis two-hour summit involving F1’s hierarchy, its governing body, the FIA, and a number of the sport’s team principals in Melbourne, the BBC and Sky Television Association have reported.

Motorsport.com quoted sources saying a majority of the teams were unhappy to continue and the governing FIA would accept the decision.

Reply #798847 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

The Australian government and opposition are literally spreading Coronavirus because of the budget and where just letting them do it to us. Wake up sheep.

Reply #798857 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Where what?

Reply #798860 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Looking forward to the game tonight. I'll be there.

Reply #798861 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

^Have fun sheep. How's your mum and dad, healthy and fit ?

Reply #798864 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

"Breaking- Chairman of the Aust GP Corp Paul Little tells me the Melb Grand Prix WILL be going ahead as planned over next three days @TheTodayShow"

Reply #798866 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

^ how's your sister? Rolled off her this morning yet?

Reply #798872 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

No crowds allowed for ODI series

Alex Blair

Australia's ODI series with New Zealand will be played to empty stands as coronavirus fears grip the nation.

Fox Sports' Tom Morris revealed Cricket Australia took the precaution in the wake of F1 officials cancelling the Australian Grand Prix on Sunday.

There are three scheduled games, two at the SCG this weekend (13th and 15th) and one in Tasmania next Friday (20th).

Cricket Australia said it will be making a call on Australia's three-match Twenty20 International tour of New Zealand in "due course".

The matches are currently scheduled to play in Dunedin (March 24), Auckland (March 27) and Christchurch (March 29).

Reply #798873 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

(^ how's your sister? Rolled off her this morning yet?)

Mate you are SICK get help you red neck

Reply #798874 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

HIGHLIGHT
F1: Ferrari stars reportedly on the plane home

Alex Blair

Ferrari drivers Kimi Raikkonen and Sebastian Vettel have reportedly boarded planes home mere hours after the Australian Grand Prix was cancelled.

Reply #798875 | Report this post

Luuuc  
Years ago

I'm expecting the game to go ahead, but the more time that goes by the more I'm surprised that the fans haven't been locked out.
People are going to show up if they're allowed to. It's up to authorities to protect us from ourselves at this point.

Reply #798882 | Report this post

Be fair to flair  
Years ago

anyone know anywhere in Perth that sells red face masks? I'm asking for a friend.

Reply #798884 | Report this post

Luuuc  
Years ago

Haha ... very rare of the Cats merch department to not already be all over this and selling $4 masks at $59 each

Reply #798893 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

As the number of coronavirus cases in Australia passes 160, there are growing calls to shut down sporting events and other mass gatherings.

Adjunct Professor Bill Bowtell, a leading infection control expert, has slammed political leaders who have vowed to attend footy matches this weekend, including the Prime Minister and Queensland Premier.

"The Grand Prix should be cancelled. The NRL season should be cancelled. Anzac Day, there should be a big question about whether those ceremonies should be called off," he told the ABC this morning. “The Prime Minister can't know, nobody can know, who in that crowd at the NRL has coronavirus.”

Reply #798919 | Report this post

Senator11  
Years ago

Well I've pulled the pin on tonight, asking if Wildcats will give a refund if not, will pass it on to friends who don't have children. Too risky for me having a 1 year old who was a 26 week prem. Not worth when I can watch it at home with a beer. Might be Netflixing for the next 4 months...

Reply #798920 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

^About time sanator.

Reply #798926 | Report this post

Senator11  
Years ago

If you back and read my posts I was in agreeance with most things you were saying, I disagreed with being able to sue the stadium/wildcats which I still disagree with.

Everyone needs to play their part, if you have symptoms don't go to the game tonight. In my opinion WA has controlled this the best and it helps because we are so isolated, but this isn't go away until the end of winter, best we can do is limit the transfer of the virus.

Reply #798929 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I don't care what you thick.
But it’s good that you have come around.
For the good of your family.

Reply #798933 | Report this post

catfan  
Years ago

Senator let me us know how you go with trying to get a refund, will be trying to do the same thing today.

Reply #798934 | Report this post

Senator11  
Years ago

"I don't care what you thick."

You're as big an idiot as those buying up all the toilet paper. You're probably primed in your parents basement thinking your time has come to copy and paste from your keyboard, enjoy your baked beans and tinned spaghetti...coming to a forum to post your views without reading other's opinions is the definition of a troll, I feel sad that it took a global pandemic for you to realise your life's work would be to post in a tiny insignificant forum. Enjoy being a coward in your hole while some of us are on the front lines trying to make a difference.

"Senator let me us know how you go with trying to get a refund, will be trying to do the same thing today."

Will do, no response as yet, however I did receive another email to buy tickets from ticketmaster. :/

Reply #798937 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I haven't had any drama buying toilet
Go push your broom

Reply #798941 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I also have a newborn and no longer want to go to tonight's game.

Will be calling the cats office this morning to see if refunds are available.

I think it’s unlikely, but the more people who ask the more pressure there is.

Reply #798942 | Report this post

catfan  
Years ago

^ Cheers Senator.

Agree with sentiments the more people call, the more pressure they'll be under.

As Luuc stated in another thread, seems like the only reason NBL has not taken an action is due to the relative low profile of the league.

13000+ crammed in a relatively small stadium. Still flabbergasted at the lack of response or concern.

Reply #798945 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

You couldn't be more wrong if you tried.
But this is what you think it is:

(What? Suing someone for essentially catching the flu?!?)

Have you mopped the floors yet?

Reply #798948 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Also you said this:

(I'm at the point of give me COVID-19 now, I'll quarantine for 14 days, work from home whatever, think it would be much better to knowingly get and act accordingly than to get a sneak attack come winter...)

You should go to the game then. Dick head

Reply #798949 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I can hear your sister complaining from here

Reply #798950 | Report this post

catfan  
Years ago

Hi Guys

Just sent an email off to the Wildcats and they are offering refunds if you can email them a copy of the transactions before lunchtime today.

Great response from the organisation.

Reply #798951 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

You also said:

(You can still indirectly kill someone by passing it on, so what about those ppl who have conditions through no cause of their own? Survival of the fittest? Lol.)

Gee that's funny not, you sir are a first class wanker.
Have you cleaned the bed pans yet?

Reply #798952 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Very funny............you red neck

Reply #798953 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Greg hire has tweeted that the Grand final series will be best of 3

Reply #798955 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Shocking X-rays of a man killed by coronavirus show how the deadly disease ravages its victims' lungs which in some cases can be deadly.

The Chinese patient, who worked at the Wuhan seafood market thought to be the origin of the outbreak, was just 44-years-old when he died from the virus.

Now doctors are sharing the images to reveal the true extent of the damage COVID-19 can cause.

Reply #798959 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

NRL this morning informed stadiums that games are still to be played this round. That could change quickly. NRL have scheduled major meeting for Monday to discuss shutdown. Appears inevitable season will be postponed. Players have made it clear they won't play in empty venues.

Reply #798960 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Red neck hahahaha oh you hurt me so bad dude. Stop it or i'll cry. Go back to cutting and pasting, it's what you do best.

Reply #798961 | Report this post

TimberBall  
Years ago

Senator, don't get into arguments with idiots, they'll bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.

I also work in the health field and have been kept informed with the W.H.O daily updates. I completely understand anyone not going tonight and its great that the Cat's are offering refunds. I will be going to the game and practicing the same hygiene standards for infection control I do daily at work with hand sanitizer at the ready.

People a lot smarter than the people posting on this forum are monitoring the situation and will make the call, until then people should carry on and make up their own minds without getting abused by Anon-trolls.

Reply #798965 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Basketball NSW still promoting game 3 as of 30 mins ago with ticket prices.

Well said Timberball

Reply #798967 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Greg hire has tweeted that the Grand final series will be best of 3
I think he phrased it as a logical guess. He added "Not confirmed" to the end.

I agree it's likely.

Reply #798968 | Report this post

catfan  
Years ago

My guess is, tonight will be a closed door game now, as will Game 3.

Then that'll be all she wrote.

Reply #798970 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

4m agoMarch 13, 2020
HIGHLIGHT
Five more cases in WA

Frank Chung
Five more cases of coronavirus have been confirmed in Western Australia, bringing the total in the state to 14.

The national tally now stands at 168.

"We believe they've come from overseas but we’ll need to check that," WA chief health officer Andrew Robertson told ABC radio on Friday.

Dr Robertson said 800 to 1000 tests were being done per day but many people seeking them didn’t need to be tested.

“We’re turning away about 50 per cent of the people who come to the COVID clinics.”

Meanwhile, WA Premier Mark McGowan said he was very concerned about people going to and returning from Bali as Indonesia appeared to be under-reporting its cases.

“I think we need to take proper advice and potentially take further action on that very soon,” Mr McGowan told reporters.

Strap your self in wa

Reply #798973 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Get your refunds now it's not happening

Reply #798974 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

(Mod: Deleted. The language is getting a bit boring.)

Reply #798980 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Closing your eyes real tight Isaac

Reply #798984 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Kings shoot too many 3's. OK when hitting but puts them under pressure when cold. Only way I see them winning is to attack the hoop and make their free throws. Need Tate, Bogut (he manhandled Plumlee G1), Newley and Kickert get it done in half court, in the PAINT.

Reply #798985 | Report this post

Be fair to flair  
Years ago

IF the game goes ahead, there will be no audience.

Reply #798990 | Report this post

woody  
Years ago

I am only going to Qudos bank arena on Sunday so I can steal as much toilet paper as possible from the cubicles in the stadium. Lol

Reply #798992 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Nine News:

State and Federal Government to release advice to cancel ALL public gatherings of over 500 people.
Might force the NBL's hand somewhat.

Closing your eyes real tight Isaac
The author had called someone a "dick head" in 7+ posts in half a day. Not sure the discourse will suffer too much with that removal.

Reply #798993 | Report this post

Timberball  
Years ago

Roy Ward (NBL journo) tweeted that the game still going ahead as planned but they are monitoring the situation closely.

Reply #798998 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I wonder what "monitoring the situation closely" means.

I can only assume it means tracking down all players, team staff, arena staff, and ticket holders and either:

1) testing them, clearing those who are not infected, and barring the infected people and referring them to health officials

2) forensically investing them to discount that any of them may have had contact with someone with the virus within the last two weeks

It's all well within the scope and capability of the NBL, to be sure. But a big job though.

Reply #799004 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

"1) testing them, clearing those who are not infected, and barring the infected people and referring them to health officials" Idiot.

So they are out in the public and infected, are you serious? Man there are so many loopy people posting here more than ever.

Reply #799007 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

F

Reply #799008 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Go elsewhere then #007

Reply #799009 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I'm pretty sure the NBL would be wearing Hazmat suits while doing the testing in the lead up to the game dude. They’re not idiots. They know how to monitor a pandemic. They’re the NBL.

Reply #799017 | Report this post

Lawsy  
Years ago

Confirmed - no crowd allowed in for tonight's game - that is going to be so weird for the players

Reply #799018 | Report this post

catfan  
Years ago

Lawsy : source?

Reply #799020 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Confirmed by who ?

Reply #799023 | Report this post

Cats for life  
Years ago

Reckon away team's would rather a full stadium than empty, majority of team's play their best in front of the red army.

Bet Sydney would be laughing

Reply #799024 | Report this post

Hoopie  
Years ago

Without the crowd to influence the refs, does this mean we might finally get some accurate and unbiased reffing?

Reply #799025 | Report this post

Luuuc  
Years ago

Without the crowd to influence the refs, does this mean we might finally get some accurate and unbiased reffing?

UNACCEPTABLE!!!!

Reply #799026 | Report this post

anon  
Years ago

Game 3 in Perth too

Reply #799027 | Report this post

Craig  
Years ago

"Without the crowd to influence the refs, does this mean we might finally get some accurate and unbiased reffing?"

Well Sydney got home cooking in the last few minutes of game 1, only fair Perth get that in game 2 right?

Reply #799030 | Report this post

Lovebroker  
Years ago

Lawzy has been banned previously for making stuff up

Reply #799035 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Just heard on fox sports news channel that no fans allowed for tonight's game. Nothing official from Nbl or teams yet.

Reply #799037 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

@SweeneyPaddy9
BREAKING:

Understand the Wildcats v Sydney game 2 tonight WILL be a lockout, no fans aloud.

Expect announcement very shortly.

@9NewsPerth

Reply #799039 | Report this post

Timberball  
Years ago

Lauchy Reid saying different.

Reply #799042 | Report this post

koberulz  
Years ago

Lachy Reid reporting no lockout.

Reply #799043 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

As long as the broadcast goes ahead its not a huge deal... but its going to be so surreal watching with no crowd.

Reply #799047 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

If Sydney miss 2 free throws do we still get free hungry jacks :)

Reply #799051 | Report this post

Luuuc  
Years ago

I think those tweets were assumptions based on the advice of medical officers that was presented to ScoMo, to cancel any events of 500+ people.
But since then, he made the announcement that the cancellation will only officially kick in from Monday so that he can go to his rugby game, so IMO we're still in limbo right now.

If tonight's crowd is cancelled it is going to be an NBL decision, not a federal one.

If there's anyone out there who should appreciate the risks of Covid, it'd be Jack Bendat, right?

Reply #799054 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

#051 lmao. :::))))

Reply #799055 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

It's ok for Morrison Cronulla only get 500 there.

Reply #799058 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Wouldn't it be ironic if scomo gets the virus

Reply #799064 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

https://www.google.com.au/amp/s/www.perthnow.com.au/sport/perth-wildcats/coronavirus-crisis-perth-wildcats-fans-locked-out-of-tonights-nbl-grand-final-game-two-at-rac-arena-due-to-coronavirus-ng-b881488731z.amp

Reply #799066 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

The article has been taken down, no confirmation yet. Even The West took down their article.

Reply #799067 | Report this post

koberulz  
Years ago

^Page not found

Reply #799068 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

https://www.google.com.au/amp/s/www.perthnow.com.au/sport/perth-wildcats/coronavirus-crisis-perth-wildcats-fans-locked-out-of-tonights-nbl-grand-final-game-two-at-rac-arena-due-to-coronavirus-ng-b881488731z.amp

Still loads for me

Reply #799071 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Game 3 will now be played in a empty stadium

Reply #799075 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

^ nope page not found

Reply #799076 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

The West removed their article pretty quickly to. I imagine its since ScoMo mentioned Monday for the mass gathering ban? Articles up before he finished speaking? lol

Reply #799077 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Anything good ever comes out of China. All they import is viruses and cheap knockoffs

Reply #799078 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Still loads for me

Reply #799081 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Still loads why are people saying it's not lol I just copy n pasted just right now lol

Reply #799083 | Report this post

koberulz  
Years ago

You've probably still got it cached on your machine.

Reply #799084 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Koberulz

It pains me to say it but ... you were right ;)

Reply #799085 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

The question is where will game 3 be played and 4 & 5 if required.

Reply #799086 | Report this post

koberulz  
Years ago

The sensible thing is to make it best of three and play game three at Bendat on Sunday.

Reply #799087 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

From Wildcats office @ 1 pm:

Thank you for your email.

At this stage the game is going ahead as normal.

If anything changes we will contact members straight away.

Please know that unless you receive the correspondence from the Wildcats please disregard anything that you see on social media.

Reply #799090 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

So the likelihood of that happening Kobe is not high

Reply #799091 | Report this post

Luuuc  
Years ago

Getting game 3 played quickly would be sensible, but playing it on the court the Wildcats train on doesn't seem fair for what should be a Kings home game. If it's played in Perth (which is debatable) it should be at RAC if it's available.

Reply #799094 | Report this post

koberulz  
Years ago

RAC is just as much a Perth court as Bendat is, just way more expensive. If you don't need a crowd, the logistics make much more sense at a smaller venue.

Reply #799096 | Report this post

Be fair to flair  
Years ago

Perth is spoilt for NBL quality courts. Finding a venue wouldn't be a problem if a crowd is not needed

Reply #799105 | Report this post

Be fair to flair  
Years ago

WA Health Minister just confirmed "decisions have been made, are being made" for the basketball tonight, and Department supports these decisions.

Did not disclose what these decisions are.

Reply #799108 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

'Anything good ever comes out of China. All they import is viruses and cheap knockoffs"

It just keeps getting worse with simply dumb and dumber posts like the above.

Reply #799110 | Report this post

koberulz  
Years ago

Yeah, that should be "export", not "import".

Reply #799115 | Report this post

Timberball  
Years ago

Called Wildcats at 1.30pm Perth time...Still game on WITH crowd

Reply #799116 | Report this post

Luuuc  
Years ago

RAC is just as much a Perth court as Bendat is, just way more expensive. If you don't need a crowd, the logistics make much more sense at a smaller venue.

I just think that for court familiarity reasons it would be less of a disadvantage to the Kings to stick with RAC, because it's a court they have played on several times before. Up to the Kings whether they consider it a factor of course, but if they do it's valid. Cost difference is pretty minor in the scheme of things.

Reply #799117 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Crowds are out

Reply #799122 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

NBL have announced that the remainder of the series will be closed to the public. Thread here

Reply #799129 | Report this post

Timberball  
Years ago

Ok, moving on to the game now that's settled. Who does this help? Kings will enjoy the lack of home support but this will be unfamiliar for both sides.

Reply #799147 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

You would have to think it's easier for the kings now.

Reply #799150 | Report this post

Luuuc  
Years ago

this will be unfamiliar for both sides.

Yeah, talk about an x-factor.
This is going to be weird in so many ways and I have no clue who it's going to help.

Reply #799155 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I love it when a plan comes together

Reply #799163 | Report this post

Timberball  
Years ago

Will they still have deafening music and set the smoke off for a dunk/3??

Reply #799172 | Report this post

LoveBroker  
Years ago

The good thing is we won't see those fat ferals with red face paint at the Perth games.

But we also miss the low cut tops at the Sydney games.

Reply #799178 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

"But since then, he made the announcement that the cancellation will only officially kick in from Monday so that he can go to his rugby game, so IMO we're still in limbo right now."

That's not true. It was delayed until Monday on the advice of the Chief Medical Officer, which the WA Health Minister confirmed in his press conference today.

Reply #799187 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

This sucks for Perth

Reply #799195 | Report this post

Anon  
Years ago

Read article posted by koberulz in other thread to understand why cancelling today and not waiting til Monday is important. And why all large gatherings (except NRL apparently) are being cancelled.

https://medium.com/@tomaspueyo/coronavirus-act-today-or-people-will-die-f4d3d9cd99ca

Best article I have read on COVID-19 explaining the science and most importantly the maths.

Reply #799224 | Report this post

Cats for life  
Years ago

How many people die from the flu each year in each country?

Media has blown it up so much! You can read what you want but you can't just accept it because someone said so.

It's business, people die or live it's down to dollars.

Reply #799226 | Report this post

koberulz  
Years ago

One person with flu infects a third of the number of people as one person with COVID-19, and COVID-19 kills at 35x the rate.

Not the same.

Reply #799227 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Between 12 and 61k people die from the flu each year

Reply #799228 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Spot on koberulz.

So if 61k die from flu each year we could be looking at 2,135,000 deaths

People need to start taking this more seriously then they are

Reply #799231 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

theres no way the science could be confirmed about 35x the rate considering no countries are accurately measuring how many people are infected

Reply #799233 | Report this post

koberulz  
Years ago

Last estimate I saw was 50% of people infected, 1% dying, which is 78 million dead. Slightly more than 61 thousand.

Reply #799234 | Report this post

Timberball  
Years ago

Aaaaand we are back here again. Whether you agree or not the decisions been made so let's talk about the game. If you want Carona talk go to the other 5 threads that have been set up.

Is everyone fit tonight? Plumlee's ankle?

Reply #799238 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

12 to 61k from the flu koberulz not COVID-19

So if coronavirus spreads 35x the rate then that's just over 2 million people dead

I’m agreeing with you bro

Reply #799242 | Report this post

koberulz  
Years ago

I was comparing COVID-19's 78 million to the 61k for the flu, in response to Cats for life.

Reply #799244 | Report this post

Cats for life  
Years ago

You belive a man walked on the moon? Because someone said so smh

Reply #799248 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Yeh Koberulz that link to the article was mind blowing. Insane.
Flu sends 0.018% of cases to hospital. Only 12k ventilator machines in Australia. 20 percent of covid19 cases will require admission to hospital.

The hospitals won't be able to cope

Reply #799249 | Report this post

Cats for life  
Years ago

you seen nothing on TV from hospitals? If they are they are repeats, show dutton or someone in quarantine? Not inside at least something?

Reply #799250 | Report this post

Cats for life  
Years ago

Any one can make up numbers ffs people are just clueless and belive anything! Wake up people, scomo is going to a nrl game tomorrow! Isn't saying something?

Reply #799254 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Actually he's not going

And these aren’t figures just plucked from thin air.
The data that The World health organisation publishes is available for anyone to read.pretty simple really, number of cases vs deaths that will give you a clear understanding of the rate of death at the moment, google how many people die from the flu and how many need hospitalisation. Cats for life educate yourself my friend

Reply #799257 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

" Isn't saying something?"

Yes it says he doesnt know what to do in a crisis, but we already knew that.

Reply #799258 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

No I don't believe someone walked on the moon.

But I believe readily available statistical data.
Seriously cats for life your making yourself look like a goon comparing waking on moon to this??? God help you

Reply #799263 | Report this post

Luuuc  
Years ago

Walking on the moon? Yeah, that's a giant step

Reply #799268 | Report this post

Perthworld  
Years ago

After the announcement of there being no crowd PER odds went from $1.50 (which they were at week after Game 1) to mid $1.6x and now approaching $1.70. The market is efficient. So we now know the Red Army home advantage quantified - +$0.20 is almost 8%.

Reply #799270 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Any person who has faith in Morrison has no idea.

Reply #799271 | Report this post

Perth Wilburs  
Years ago

Sydney should win this easily. $500 on Sydney. Very confident because without a crowd that effects the Wildcats.

Reply #799272 | Report this post

Perthworld  
Years ago

they were at all week after Game 1*

Reply #799273 | Report this post

Perthworld  
Years ago

LK on the mic!

If any GF player comes down with corona virus the series will be suspended.

Reply #799275 | Report this post

Perthworld  
Years ago

F*ck!

We're being exposed already without our crowd.

Reply #799277 | Report this post

Luuuc  
Years ago

Similar to game 1 so far in that the Kings are getting themselves good looks at will, while the Cats aren't

Reply #799278 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

This is boring already

Reply #799279 | Report this post

GordonG47  
Years ago

Vaughan 1 Trevor 0

Reply #799280 | Report this post

AngusH  
Years ago

Who knew Trev could be even more annoying.

Reply #799282 | Report this post

Luuuc  
Years ago

Everyone?

Reply #799283 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Trev sitting down like a little boy that's just been scolded!

Reply #799284 | Report this post

Another Anon  
Years ago

This is just weird as fuck.

Reply #799285 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Cooks so overrated.

Reply #799287 | Report this post

Cats for life  
Years ago

Can't watch this! Very weird indeed.

Reply #799289 | Report this post

Cats for life  
Years ago

What a shit show

Reply #799290 | Report this post

Perthworld  
Years ago

Weirdest thing I've seen in three decades of watching NBL.

Outside of Venky Jois' free throw shooting action.

Reply #799291 | Report this post

Perth Wilburs  
Years ago

Wildcats getting killed. Game is all over. 1-1

Reply #799294 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Bogut dominating. Plumlee is absolutely useless

Reply #799296 | Report this post

LV  
Years ago

Plumlee's D getting exposed by Bogut

Still can't believe Bogut was $67 for GF MVP.

Reply #799297 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Cats just can't get a run going.

Seems crowd factor is bigger on the defensive end. Cant stop anything and look flat-footed

Reply #799298 | Report this post

Yinka Dare  
Years ago

Anyone got Dario hunts phone number?

Reply #799299 | Report this post

Btown  
Years ago

Get Martin off. The double on cotton comes from his man every single possession to only capitalise 10% of the time

Reply #799300 | Report this post

Perthworld  
Years ago

Crucial Stiendl three before HT.

Reply #799301 | Report this post

Perth Wilburs  
Years ago

Cotton, White, Kay, Steindl, Norton

Sub with Wagstaff

That's the only players the Wildcats should play with.

Reply #799303 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Weaver must suddenly realise that Lisch can really play. Bogut and Lisch dominating. Cooks minus five all other kings in the plus, Lisch at plus ten.

Reply #799304 | Report this post

Another Anon  
Years ago

Amazing the margin is only 6. Not sure Kings can play any better, Cats look like they have heaps in them.

Bogut won't be able to walk on Sunday.

Reply #799305 | Report this post

Luuuc  
Years ago

Still feels very similar to game 1. Cotton effective but not getting it done easy. Bogut killing it. Newley & White both AWOL. Casper shooting like shit. Damo being exploited.

Reply #799307 | Report this post

Cats for life  
Years ago

This is an exact example of home court advantage! Hopefully no one brings up home cooking! Because you are seeing exactly the difference the crowd makes.

Reply #799308 | Report this post

Perth Wilburs  
Years ago

Wildcats needs a quality big man and a 3 point shooter.

Angus Brandt will be joining the Wildcats next season.

Reply #799309 | Report this post

Luuuc  
Years ago

Brandt?
So that takes the list of players you claim will be Wildcats next season to what ... 20 now?

Reply #799310 | Report this post

koberulz  
Years ago

Brandt will probably still be stuck in Italy anyway.

Reply #799312 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Plumlee should be playing NBL1, he is atrocious.

Reply #799313 | Report this post

Another Anon  
Years ago

Still have first every ads straight after the Champion plug.
Lol.

Reply #799314 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Plumlee earning 12.5 million, you are kidding me. Brandt doing very well in Italy so if Perth want him back better open the check book, minimum 300 k per season.

Reply #799315 | Report this post

Perthworld  
Years ago

Bogut on Plumlee scares me.

Reply #799317 | Report this post

Luuuc  
Years ago

Ooooooohhh Bogey!

Reply #799318 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Plumlee is a plum. How he has made $1m in his career surprises me, let alone what he is actually getting

Reply #799319 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Terrico not interested at all

Reply #799320 | Report this post

Perthworld  
Years ago

Cotton to save us all.

Reply #799321 | Report this post

Luuuc  
Years ago

Slippin' away

Reply #799322 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Lowest attendance ever I believe.

Reply #799323 | Report this post

Perthworld  
Years ago

So the lowest attendance ever is during the Perth Arena era of the LK era. Incredible.

Reply #799325 | Report this post

Perthworld  
Years ago

Cotton is so clutch and has somehow kept us in it. Will it remain a three pointer?

Reply #799326 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Major outplaying plumlee?

Reply #799327 | Report this post

Perth Wilburs  
Years ago

Terrico and Majok won't be back, that's for sure. That will get Brandt in and he won't be as expensive as you think because the coronavirus in Italy will swing his mind.

Reply #799328 | Report this post

Another Anon  
Years ago

Bogut only played 3 minutes that qtr.
I don't think he can play a full game out

Reply #799329 | Report this post

Perthworld  
Years ago

On replay not sure why the Kings wanted Cotton's clear three pointer reviewed.

Reply #799330 | Report this post

Luuuc  
Years ago

Sydney leaving the door open again when they should have put us away.
Would be nice if someone would step up to help Bryce though.

Kings doing a nice job on defence.

Reply #799331 | Report this post

twenty four  
Years ago

I refuse to believe that there wasn't a Singapore Slingers or West Sydney Razorbacks game with lower attendance than this.

(And by the way koberulz, this post was satirical and does not need a fact check. Thank you.)

Reply #799332 | Report this post

Perthworld  
Years ago

Agreed. Every struggling club used to cook the books to make the recorded "official" attendance at least around 1,000.

Reply #799333 | Report this post

Btown  
Years ago

Cats down and cotton not hot, pack up now

Reply #799336 | Report this post

Luuuc  
Years ago

Kings have played the percentages very well. As they did in game 1. In the longer term it always pays off.

Reply #799337 | Report this post

Perthworld  
Years ago

We're cooked.

Reply #799338 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Gleeson not as effective as with out the roar of the crowd. One all, who would have thought.

Reply #799339 | Report this post

Another Anon  
Years ago

Just shows the only thing that stops Perth is apocalyptic world events

Reply #799340 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

4 fouls to none in the 4th qtr, not a single foul on the "away" team. Kings win it from here, they are to good to get this treatment.

Reply #799341 | Report this post

Btown  
Years ago

King's yet to could this quarter

Reply #799342 | Report this post

Perthworld  
Years ago

Moller subbed in during garbage time. Stacked.

Reply #799343 | Report this post

Timberball  
Years ago

Perth only taken 2 shots from inside the arc so no surprise on foul count.

Good win by kings to good tonight and cotton had no friends.

Worst thing about being locked out is having to listen to Dwayne Russell.

Reply #799344 | Report this post

LV  
Years ago

Kings playing exactly like they should with this absolutely loaded roster

Perth needs a lot more from White if they're to win this series

They also need to adjust how they defend Bogut. Not 100% sure whether Plumlee has it in him to effectively defend Bogut but more pressure upon catch is a good start

Reply #799345 | Report this post

Luuuc  
Years ago

It's like the Lakers winning a game with LeBron seeing his first minutes in garbage time

Reply #799346 | Report this post

Perthworld  
Years ago

Gleeson's first ever home Grand Final game loss.

The world really is ending.

Reply #799347 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

White looks done. He's injured

Reply #799348 | Report this post

Luuuc  
Years ago

Yeah something is definitely wrong with White.

Reply #799349 | Report this post

Perth Wilburs  
Years ago

I told you guys White knee hurts.

Reply #799351 | Report this post

Luuuc  
Years ago

More than little adjustments needed for Perth, at both ends.
Giving up 97 in a grand final is awful, and our offence looks directionless way too often.

Reply #799352 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Majok should play more, he at least can put a body in front of Bogut. Kings are stacked though when Walker is your 11th man.

Reply #799353 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Tbh they could have called the season, that was crap, kings got the rub of the green while away from home, I'm sure they will get it Sunday too. Game was not the same without a crowd.

Reply #799354 | Report this post

Btown  
Years ago

Steindl should play ahead of white to mix it up.

Reply #799355 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Yes no crowds certainly helped the kings,

Reply #799357 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

How does the winner celebrate? There won't be a crowd to cheer, and definitely no kind of parade/fan day. All feels a bit pointless really.

Reply #799358 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Terrico White looks like he's off his face. he certainly talks like it..

Reply #799359 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

"No crowds helped the Kings" - excuses.

Your team was outplayed in every way, ferals.

Reply #799360 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Damo is washed. Not an elite defender anymore and can't shoot so Cotton gets crowded too much when he is on the floor.
Shouldn't play the rest of the series.

Reply #799361 | Report this post

AngusH  
Years ago

"Gleeson not as effective as with out the roar of the crowd."

Crazy to think, but this is actually true. Every single thing he said was clearly audible, and he turned it waaaay down after the warning. That has as much of an impact on the game as the lack of the fan noise from the usually packed RAC IMO.

Fatigue will be the biggest factor on Sunday, and that's an area where I think the Kings are at a disadvantage given the number of old dudes on the roster. We'll see. I'm just happy to see that Weaver is capable of changing things up. Helps that Lisch has found his early season form, and Bogut has found his ... well, 2018-19 form.

Reply #799362 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I'm a Perth fan .
If they want to call Sydney the winner based on points differential I'm ok with that.

So much has changed in the last 7 days nobody cares anymore.

Game 3 and 4 seem pointless now.

Reply #799364 | Report this post

LV  
Years ago

This is a huge challenge for Gleeson

No Red Army

Playing against a team with more talent

Game 1 Sydney led for most of it but went cold in the last, eventually missing 3 opportunities that would've ultimately won them the game. Cotton played a blinder and Perth won by 2

Game 2 Sydney changed their D, and was clearly superior all night

From here Sydney big favorite for mine. Can Gleeson pull a rabbit out of his hat?

Reply #799366 | Report this post

Zodiac  
Years ago

Can Gleeson pull a rabbit out of his hat?

Perhaps not a rabbit but I think I can hear a pig coming out of that hat.

Reply #799367 | Report this post

Luuuc  
Years ago

Pretty sure Gleeson didn't have the red army in game 1 so no excuses for tonight.
The other team played better than us, it was really that simple.

Reply #799370 | Report this post

KET  
Years ago

Sounds like an asterisk type of season.

Everyone thought 2020 couldn't be weirder than 2019.

We were wrong. It’s eery times.

Reply #799371 | Report this post

AngusH  
Years ago

Not sure if it's an asterisk type of season, but it's definitely an interesting footnote.

Reply #799372 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Think Gleeson was outcoached.

Or Perhaps Weaver just has more to work with.

Perth look like a 2 man team with Cotton and Kay both very effective and Steindl helpful when on the court.

Sydney bring a future nba player (Didi), a guy that made the main Boomer squad (Cooks), and the best shooter the nbl has seen in Kickert off the bench.

Cotton must be exhausted with all he has to do.

If Ware makes a 3 pointer or 2 in the next few games this series might be over.

Reply #799373 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

The whole Perth team and support staff could just hit the nightclubs tonight and if a covid-19 test comes back positive the series will be called off or postponed.

Reply #799377 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Sydney simply too good. They should've won game 1, didn’t expect them to get the yips offensively twice in a row. Took some special stuff from cotton in game 1. Was unable to overcome a more balanced team effort from kings today.

Reply #799378 | Report this post

Luuuc  
Years ago

Yeah, and tonight was a fresh Cotton. Sunday will be a more fatigued version.

Reply #799380 | Report this post

AngusH  
Years ago

For all the flak Weaver gets for his press conferences, pretty petty display from Gleeson tonight in his.

Reply #799381 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Yes if Cotton doesn't score at will and Kay do everything else Perth in trouble. Wagstaff should have got more time i thought but with White not firing they could be in trouble, still a good game.

Reply #799382 | Report this post

Timberball  
Years ago

What did he say Angus? Didn't see the pressers

Reply #799383 | Report this post

LV  
Years ago

[Or Perhaps Weaver just has more to work with]

That's what I was thinking throughout the entire game

Sydney is so loaded, they just have more options, more different looks they can throw at you. A deeper team.

Lisch is the perfect example of this. They virtually played the season without him. Everyone might've forgotten how good he is... until the grand final.

And he's Sydney's 2nd best guard. Who's Perth's? These days, possibly Mitch Norton. Not in the same league as Kevin Lisch.

The other is Moller who's been discussed here ad nauseum. Played a role in a United championship, a United losing grand finalist, and an 11-1 Sydney team. But they don't even need him right now.

Reply #799384 | Report this post

Another Anon  
Years ago

Trev was questioning if this game is a lock out, why are the teams expected to jump on flights with general public to get back to Sydney.
He kind of has a point.

Reply #799385 | Report this post

Luuuc  
Years ago

What did he say Angus? Didn't see the pressers

He was pretty sooky about the crowd situation.

Reply #799386 | Report this post

Another Anon  
Years ago

To clarify, was asking for chartered planes for both teams:
https://thewest.com.au/sport/perth-wildcats/nbl-grand-final-perth-wildcats-upset-by-sydney-kings-in-game-2-at-locked-out-rac-arena-ng-b881489253z

Reply #799387 | Report this post

D2.0  
Years ago

Once again the lack of forward planning by the NBL is atrocious. WHOLE series should have been closed. Can't give Sydney a home crowd, then close the Perth game with a few hours notice.
My daughter drove past PA on her way home, and reported a LOT of Cats fans milling around. Obviously not everyone got the text.

Back on the game, Bogut may be getting on, but he can still bring it.
And I still don't understand Trev's rotations. Why did we use an import slot on a 15min role-player? And we've done it twice this season!
Why hire somebody like Plums when your plan is to run small-ball?

Still, remained close for almost 3 quarters.

Will Terrico bounce back in game 3?

Reply #799394 | Report this post

Luuuc  
Years ago

Once again the lack of forward planning by the NBL is atrocious. WHOLE series should have been closed.

LOL, I've seen plenty of cases of 20/20 hindsight in my time, but the rapid onset of this one is astounding! I must have missed when you, or anyone here for that matter, were insisting that game 1 be closed.

Can't give Sydney a home crowd, then close the Perth game with a few hours notice.

The right decision with 4+ hours notice is better than the wrong decision.

My daughter drove past PA on her way home, and reported a LOT of Cats fans milling around. Obviously not everyone got the text.

Or mistakenly thought they could plead ignorance and still get in. I guess in future they will be sure to keep their contact details up to date.

Reply #799399 | Report this post

AngusH  
Years ago

I don't disagree with his comment re: the chartered plane either. He was just petulant throughout the entire presser.

Reply #799404 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Key difference was Casper taking ball to hoop.Hit a number of floaters. And Sydney must have shot a better 3 pt % esp. Lisch. Just meant scoreboard pressure on Perth all night.

Reply #799406 | Report this post

Greggo  
Years ago

Luuuc is my new favourite poster.

The league is handling this pretty well in wild circumstances. If we can get a result while other leagues are in full suspension we've done very well. The negativity here around every move of the league offices astounds me

Reply #799407 | Report this post

Timberball  
Years ago

4 hours notice is better than 1 hour after gates open like the F1.

This is such a unique situation. Whoever wins the series, it will not be because of the virus outbreak. Sydney were better last night like Perth were better in game 1. The series will be decided by balls through the hoop not bums on seats.

Reply #799445 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 4:20 am, Sat 27 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754