Anonymous
Years ago

Is your local social league still playing?

Or has it been suspended due to coronavirus?

My league is active but I was curious if that's the common path that these competitions are choosing at the moment.

Topic #47054 | Report this topic

Anonymous  
Years ago

Nah vic is down

Reply #799901 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I'm in London and according to the organisation that ran the competition, games were supposed to go ahead Saturday (yesterday local time), which seemed more than a bit mad.

Anyway, my game was eventually cancelled as multiple players had come down with the virus during the course of the week. Whoops!

The UK confirmed figure is at 1,800 as of Sunday morning. The government says that could mean the true figure would be between 30-50,000 currently infected - they've long stopped testing and treating for anyone who isn't over 60 or otherwise high-risk.

Anyway, this is just to say that the climb in numbers in Australia may not seem like much yet, but it does *really* suddenly accelerate.

Reply #799927 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Runaway Bay on the Gold Coast advised on Friday that all social and club games were suspended until further notice but then yesterday send out a mail advising that some social games (including the one I play in) were back on. Seems very strange and TBH quite silly considering the circumstances.

Reply #799943 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Still going at my association in WA even though they shut down on the weekend. Strange decision but I'm playing seniors tonight. My son had games at a different association on the weekend. Basketball WA should advise all associations to either shut down or stay open, not leave it up to the individual associations.

Reply #799991 | Report this post

Dave Q  
Years ago

All of my sons' games in Sydney (u14) have been knocked on the head. I see most associations have decided to pull up stumps for the moment.

Training is still on, but I can't see that lasting.

Reply #800001 | Report this post

Dave  
Years ago

Just received a msg from Wanneroo BASKETBALL Association (in WA) saying that all games AND TRAINING in all venues for Monday night are cancelled, more to come after a board meeting tonight.

Reply #800006 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Our NBL1 training has been suspended waiting on an announcement later in the week.

Reply #800010 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 10:41 am, Fri 26 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754