Perthworld
Years ago

Grand Final Series 2020: Game 4 Wildcats v Kings

Head to head:

PER $1.54 $2.50 SYD

Series winner:

SYD $3.70 $1.25 PER

Will this be the First Ever (TM) NBL game to be cancelled? (I can't think of one that has?)

Topic #47056 | Report this topic

Anonymous  
Years ago

Game 4 probably being moved to Wednesday.

Game 5 won't be necessary

Reply #799909 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Kings are still tasty at that price for the title.

Reply #799924 | Report this post

LV  
Years ago

Weaver needs to stop subbing so much.

Lisch is a legend of the NBL. Bogut is Bogut. Last year's MVP. Both are playing well in this series, but both are averaging 23 minutes per game.

Sydney is -3 across 3 games with their best scorer shooting 8ppg on 20% from the field. Pretty incredible really. If Casper just has two decent shooting night, not even big games, just hit a couple here and there, you'd think Sydney would win the series.

Reply #799928 | Report this post

LV  
Years ago

Like Casper is 9 from 44 including 1 from 23 from 3. It's the stuff of nightmares.

Sydney has a lot of upside. Makes this interesting.

Reply #799929 | Report this post

Cats for life  
Years ago

Same if White and plumlee Sydney wouldn't have a chance. You are relying on a pair of 33 Yr olds to win you a tittle?

Reply #799934 | Report this post

Bol  
Years ago

Yeah i feel the poor form of white and ware cancel each other out. Cats with just as much upside if white can rediscover his best.

Kings have many more options to cover wares form but too many egos. The cats are just pros and play team basketball.

Reply #799957 | Report this post

LV  
Years ago

Casper has more upside because

1. He's a better player to begin with

And

2. He's further out of form than White

Obviously White is out of form too, but nothing like Casper. Casper's body of work over 3.5 years speaks for itself. He's never been this out of form before.

Unless it's his body?

Reply #799958 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

LV, this isnt fantasy sports. The Cats are playing Ware very well and he's rattled. It doesn't matter how much he has scored in the past. He's shown time and time again he isn't a clutch player.

Reply #799961 | Report this post

Anon  
Years ago

NSW state govt just announced Sydney to go into full lockdown (see Italy) as of tomorrow 9am AEST. Expect the League to announce today the Finals are over

Reply #799962 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Where does it say this?

Reply #799963 | Report this post

Another Anon  
Years ago

Does anyone know if the Cats flew out straight away on Sunday night or are they still in Sydney?

Reply #799964 | Report this post

Bol  
Years ago

I dont disagree with you LV of the quality of ware but the importance of white to his team is just as high. The kings have far more depth and players like lisch newley louzada and bruce can all knock down their shots. I wasn't expecting the cats to win game 3 for that reason but it took a massive game from kay to fill the void.

Reply #799965 | Report this post

LV  
Years ago

Yes, White hitting shots would help the Cats immensely, but on the other hand, Cotton has had 7 big games in a row against Sydney - he's due for an off night. If White scores 20 next game, but Cotton only gets 18 off the same looks- then overall the team's in the same place.

I think as a team, Sydney has more upside left

Which is why I think it'll go to 5. But who wins game 5 (if it happens) - who knows.

Reply #799967 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Perth will win series 3-1.

Reply #799969 | Report this post

Charon72  
Years ago

Anon 962. Fake news.

Reply #799970 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Sydney are on there knees, there is know coming back. Never looked like winning yesterday even when they tied it up Perth just put the foot down. He's done good Weaver but the back half of the year has shown his limitations.

Reply #799971 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

962 you gonna provide a source, or should we just assume you're a trash human?

Reply #799977 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

#962 went to same school as trump and scumo

Reply #799983 | Report this post

Luuuc  
Years ago

With crowds out of the equation, tactical adjustments have been the big difference in each game this series so far.
With that in mind, after the way Kay just burned the Kings, I'm expecting Weaver to adopt a classic "line and three" defensive scheme rather than the "triangle and two" he went with in the last couple. Will the Cats find a way to counter it?

Reply #800038 | Report this post

koberulz  
Years ago

Might stick with the triangle and shift from White to Kay. Might not work any better, but probably worth a shot.

Reply #800040 | Report this post

Anon  
Years ago

#962 thanks for the Chinese whispers BS news. I'll get my facts from a reputable source thanks.

Reply #800066 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

This is mindnumbingly sad, the majority of people on here are human trash I'll never come here again go put yourselves in the dumpster.

Reply #800140 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Is #140 also #962.
You will come back.

#Anyonebutsydney

Reply #800154 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 6:31 am, Sat 27 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754