catfan
Years ago

Rumours surrounding bring G4 and G5 early - Any truth?

Self explanatory title.

Hearing this across news reports and other forums. Any one got any more info on this?

Topic #47058 | Report this topic

Perthworld  
Years ago

Hearing what exactly?

Reply #799979 | Report this post

Perthworld  
Years ago

Okay I get you now. "Bringing forward G4 and G5" is what I guess you meant.

Reply #799980 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

No official statement as of yet from the nbl so I assume game 4 is still as scheduled

Reply #799984 | Report this post

Tribe  
Years ago

Would have liked to see this happen when fans got locked out:

Since fans are locked out and home town advatange becomes almost non-existanst, the league could have played the final 4 games over the space of 8 days in a neutral city/stadium like Knox Stadium. Very low bugget stadium. Only 1 flight, therefore the only cost to the NBL would be putting the players in a hotel for a week (which visiting teams do anyway). Would have made for an entertaining week of basketball.

In regards to the topic...NBL should def bring the game(s) forward.

Reply #799985 | Report this post

Another Anon  
Years ago

I'm guessing Perth has already left Sydney so if they bring G4 and G5 forward then either:
a) Sydney has to get on a plane early (next 24-48hrs)
b) Perth has to turn around and go back to Syd.

Can't see either happening. So it'll be G4 in Perth on Friday or not at all.

Reply #799986 | Report this post

Reality  
Years ago

They are working to bring it forward befre they are told to cancel it!

Also non essential personnel like family/friends won't be permitted so they stadia will be empty!

Reply #799987 | Report this post

Reality  
Years ago

Concerned they'll be told to cancel it due to health and safety concerns.

Reply #799988 | Report this post

Timberball  
Years ago

Perth has not left yet, Lachy Reid confirmed. Arriving in Perth this arvo (Perth time)

Reply #799989 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

They tried to bring it forward but decided on the original schedule.

Reply #799994 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Sydney playing hard ball.

They are the reason Game 2 had no crowd, as they lobbied hard for it.

They have also opted to not travel to perth yet... hoping someone gets sick before game 4.

Reply #799995 | Report this post

Timberball  
Years ago

^ if that happen Perth win the Championship, no other outcome can be realistically happen. That have had a 3 game series HAH, and are down 2-1.

Reply #799997 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Why would Sydney leave Monday for a Friday game?

Reply #799998 | Report this post

Perth Wilburs  
Years ago

If the AFL cancels it's season then so will the NRL and NBL someone on Twitter said.

Reply #799999 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Believe everything you read on Twitter do ya Wilburs.

Reply #800000 | Report this post

Perth Wilburs  
Years ago

Passing on information to my fellow fans. This is edge of the seat stuff.

Reply #800002 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

NBL aren't cancelling anything unless they absolutely have no choice. They have 1 if not 2 games to go maximum. They want this season to be completed. Simple as that.

Reply #800003 | Report this post

LoveBroker  
Years ago

What evidence do you have for this?

Reply #800005 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Wildcats are now back in Perth.

Reply #800008 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Man the conspiracy theories are out of control.

Reply #800009 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Majok Majok is in a moon boot apparently.

Reply #800012 | Report this post

Perthworld  
Years ago

They have also opted to not travel to perth yet... hoping someone gets sick before game 4.

How vile is this Sydney franchise? Attempting at every step to use the virus outbreak to their advantage.

JL and LK need to take control and show this Paul Smith clown who's in charge and if necessary award the title to Perth. I'm sure even neutrals would agree at this point (minus the trolls).

Reply #800013 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

"How vile is this Sydney franchise? Attempting at every step to use the virus outbreak to their advantage."
Where is the proof. Yet more idiots sprouting fake news.

Reply #800014 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Clown ^^^

I guess the Kings were responsible for the corona virus too. In fact pretty sure half of those guys started the bush fires too.

Reply #800015 | Report this post

TimberBall  
Years ago

There is only 2 possible scenarios
1) Play out the series as discussed before game 2 (No crowds, Perth 4, Sydney 5)
2) Call it over and award the title to Perth.

There is no option 3.

If Sydney wins Game 4 then they call it over, then there will be a new discussion.

Reply #800018 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

The championship should not be awarded on a partially completed series. It's nonsensical to reduce the length of a series while it's in progress.

If the finals are called off the Kings should win based on a better regular season record.

Reply #800019 | Report this post

Perth Wilburs  
Years ago

Both teams have been told to prepare for games 4 and 5 as scheduled.

Reply #800020 | Report this post

TimberBall  
Years ago

the NBL only moved to a best of 5 series a couple of years ago so a 3 game series is perfectly fine.

If you want to go back to the regular season record why not look at the head to head record to decide a winner? or does that go against your 'Gift the Kings the title' scenario.

The regular season is there for teams to qualify for the playoffs...then you have to win. This isn't the premier league, playoffs decide the champions, not the regular season.

Reply #800021 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

With 37 new cases of Coranavirus in nsw overnight I can't see games 4 and 5 being played. Just give the rings to the wildcats

Reply #800025 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Play both games in Adelaide

Reply #800027 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Through 7 games this season Perth have won 5 vs Sydney. You definitely can't give the Kings the title because they won one more regular season game!

Reply #800028 | Report this post

LoveBroker  
Years ago

If the finals are called off the Kings should win based on a better regular season record.

Are you mad, the Championship should come to Adelaide because we are highest in the Alphabet.

See what I did?

Reply #800029 | Report this post

Another Anon  
Years ago

"Play both games in Adelaide"

No need to punish the teams any further...

Reply #800030 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Everyone's going to Perth for Friday. If Sydney win there might be some league changes. But right now Friday is set in stone. All this other shit above is just that. Fake news

Reply #800031 | Report this post

LoveBroker  
Years ago

The AFL players Association is having a say about what is happening for the season.

Where is the NBL players Association in all this?

Reply #800034 | Report this post

Greggo  
Years ago

I don't think you can call it after game 3. They should've made it the decider before it's played, but can't do it now.

I actually think out of all the ideas, playing it in Adelaide or Melbourne makes sense. Or at least it did before Perth flew all the way back home. SHould've done a Tues/ Weds at the State bball centre to get it done.

I think now we have to play to a result. If Sydney win game 4 in Perth, then maybe all parties would be happy to go again in Perth for game 5. Sydney happy to play there because they're 2-0 and Perth happy to stay at home...

Reply #800035 | Report this post

Senator11  
Years ago

West Australian reporting King's rejected game 4 to be brought forward to Wednesday. Not sure why they get much of a say in this, if there's a chance the last 2 games are abandoned then it should be brought forward. Up 2-1 and if Friday gets cancelled they should just give the trophy to the Cats.

Reply #800048 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Home ground advantage is zero. So just play the last 2 games in 1 venue. West Coast tranmissions are lower. Who pays broadcast costs - nbl?. Don't move again. Should have played it in Adelaide. Now just finish it in Perth.

Reply #800049 | Report this post

koberulz  
Years ago

Should've finished it in Perth after game two, NSW is the worst state in the country at the moment and flying back there was stupid.

Reply #800050 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Why would you play it in Adelaide or Melbourne? You can't play it in a 2 bit shit stadium it needs to have all the advertising decals and signage etc both those venues have been dismantled weeks ago. The add on costs to go elsewhere from the boomed venues is such a naive amateur response.

Reply #800051 | Report this post

Perthworld  
Years ago

Why do the Kings seem to have veto over everything all of a sudden? We need stronger leadership from head office - take a stand JL/LK as you're the ones running the league not the club who have pissed away the most money.

Reply #800052 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Agree to have 4 and 5 in Perth.
Highly doubt game 5 will be necessary anyway.

Koberulz is right. NSW the coronavirus state.

Reply #800057 | Report this post

Greggo  
Years ago

I say we keep playing games indefinitely. Every Friday night in Perth, Sunday night in Sydney. Whoever is last to have their full team wiped out by corona virus wins.

Immune system vs immune system, hand washing ability vs hand washing ability.

It's the match up we all deserve.

Reply #800059 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Obviously Sydney will have more Coronavirus victims as they five times the population than Perth. Lot BS going down here. Game five won't be required anyway.

Reply #800061 | Report this post

krayola  
Years ago

I heard Perth lobbied for the series to end after Game 2 and to share the trophy with Sydney but that the Kings weren't having it.

Reply #800086 | Report this post

Lovebroker  
Years ago

That doesn't sound like Perth one bit.

Reply #800087 | Report this post

Perthworld  
Years ago

We may be feral but still have hearts. Unlike soulless Sydney.

Reply #800088 | Report this post

D2.0  
Years ago

Bullshit like this really gripes my arse.

How do you go from locking out the crowd in Perth with minimal (and in many cases) no notice, on the basis of everyone's health. (Note that the govt ban was only announced but not in effect)
from that to
"Lets fly both teams across the country THREE more times, including twice into the coronavirus capital of Australia"

AFL just chopped 5~6 rounds out of their season, to give some flexibility around scheduling, and its still no certainty.
Other leagues have shut down completely.

But the NBL must get its five games and fuck the players health.

Spare a thought for the imports, some of whom will be worried sick about how they get home to their families, without contracting the virus, and before trans-pacific flights are all canned.

At this point, I would be happy if they just cancelled the whole series and awarded joint-winners.
I think that would be most appropriate, especially when people look back.

Reply #800091 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

D2.0 Put your arse away and chill out.

The AFL and NRL would NEVER walk away from their Grand Final!!!!! So don't talk nonsense. This thing needs to be finished 100% and will be. You got bunker down in the basement and we’ll let you know who wins.

Reply #800096 | Report this post

Dave Q  
Years ago

Jeez, there are some ordinary comments in this thread.

My opinion for what little it is worth. We clearly can't finish the series. Therefore we asterix the season and call it done. No NBL champion this year.

Reply #800099 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Lovebroker, when all is said and done, it will be revealed exactly how ordinary Sydney have been behind closed doors this past week.

Reply #800100 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Why can't you finish the series?

Reply #800102 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 6:29 am, Sat 27 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754