Perthworld
Years ago

Terrico White to leave Wildcats

According to Nine News he is in talks with overseas and other NBL clubs, with SEM specifically mentioned.

Topic #47082 | Report this topic

Anonymous  
Years ago

GOOD I THINK A LITTLE OVERRATED

Reply #801245 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I heard he didn't like the Win at all costs stuff everyone else attitude.

Reply #801246 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Perth more than happy for him to leave

Reply #801247 | Report this post

Perthworld  
Years ago

A naturalised Cotton plus a better import to replace White. Sounds good to me.

Reply #801248 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I'm hearing cats in talk with a former import stud who in the the year after. Yes James Ennis

Reply #801250 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Great, Perth lose inconsistent import and replace him with someone a lot better. Sydney already putting in protest to league.

Reply #801252 | Report this post

Perthworld  
Years ago

Since we love lists so much on here:

Import/naturalised player contingent

Cotton
Ennis
Import #2
Import #3
Next Star

Wow.

Reply #801253 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Ennis? You blokes will believe anything

Reply #801254 | Report this post

Cornholio  
Years ago

Maybe Perth will be lucky and get a draft and stash * cough I mean next star just like Sydney.

Reply #801255 | Report this post

Lovebroker  
Years ago

Didn't have as influential a season as his first but still a decent import.

Sixers could do worst than to have White as a second import to a stud PG.

Reply #801260 | Report this post

Perthworld  
Years ago

Ennis? You blokes will believe anything

It's the off season now so we'll believe anything and anyone, except Paul Smith.

Reply #801261 | Report this post

Luuuc  
Years ago

Was actually having a tremendous season until he got injured. People seem to forget because he never really came back from it, but there was plenty of talk across the first half of the season along the lines of Perth = best import duo in the league, because of how well Terrico was playing. (while Kay was having a slightly quiet start to the season and had people wondering if his workload had been too big after the Boomers duties)

Reply #801262 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

He left before the season even started. Cotton carried him.

Reply #801264 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Luuuc is right. He was really good early in the season but generally struggled towards the end. He is 30 now though so maybe the struggles with the body will be a more regular thing.

Reply #801265 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Not quite a club legend but he was a damn good import. He will be missed and all the best to him.

Reply #801266 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

2 years, 2 rings. 1 finals MVP. Nothing to scoff at. Will always be remembered fondly

Reply #801267 | Report this post

PlaymakerMo  
Years ago

My problem with Terrico was that he ONLY shot jumpshots. I recall him taking one layup in the finals series where you could tell Sydney expected him to pass it up on the drive, because they parted the sea for him.

He's a good shooter and solid player, but very one dimensional offensively.

Reply #801269 | Report this post

Cornholio  
Years ago

Did well in his two seasons. Any import would be second fiddle to Cotton.

Reply #801270 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Reminds me of Jermaine Beal's second half of his third season, where he fizzed out. White was slightly disappointing over the second half of this season, with his 3-point shot deserting him. Still a big time player and was a solid complimentary player to Cotton.

Reply #801271 | Report this post

Bol  
Years ago

He should have left after the first season and he would have had hero status at the wildcats for what he did in the finals.

He was more a passenger in his second year unfortunately.

Reply #801272 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Big-time T from last season

https://twitter.com/NBL/status/1080286749887086592

Reply #801273 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Terrico in the clinching Game 4 of the Grand Final last year was very memorable.

Reply #801274 | Report this post

Bol  
Years ago

Muchado
Cotton
Ennis
Kay
Oliver

Not bad

Reply #801277 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Muchado about nothing

Reply #801278 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

3 million dollars just for the starts

Reply #801281 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

keep in mind a personal 3-peat for White this year, 2018 championship in Korea

Reply #801282 | Report this post

D2.0  
Years ago

I think people get so caught up trying to rationalise things, that they can start to spout drivel.

White has been an exceptional player for us, one of the best wings we've ever had. As Luc said, he was going gangbusters this season until he got injured.
Overall he was:
5th in 3 pointers,
17th in points
24th in steals
27th in assists,
29th in defensive boards,
and easily our 3rd best player (which when you have Cotton and Kay is all you can ask for.

If he moves on, I'll be sad, but it happens. I'm sure he's enjoyed his time in Perth, but he's a professional and goes where the paycheque is. Imports sticking like Cotton are now very much the exception.

Perth won't be "happy" to see him go, but if he does, I'm sure we'll be scouting hard for a replacement.

Reply #801283 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

21/22
Perth imports vs nz national team.

Reply #801285 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

"3 million dollars just for the starts" THat OK it's Perth.

Reply #801294 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Lachy Reid saying SEM was a bit "naughty" making early contact.

Reply #801295 | Report this post

Bol  
Years ago

I like the assertiveness of SEM recruiting. It was a good first year for them. It takes time to put all the right pieces into place. Im not sure Terrico is the right fit for them though. They need a more consistent import. I wish him all the best wherever he ends up but im happy for the cats to bring in a different player in that spot. A reckon a prather type that can get to the basket a bit more would be better. But of course can shoot the three ball a little better than Casey.

Reply #801306 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Good luck to him, was a superb contributor for the Cats.

Smart move by SEM, Summer league unlikely to go ahead this year so known commodities like White will be highly valued.

Cats need a floor spacer at the 3 and could certainly do alot worse than Devondrick Walker.

It's been said elsewhere but should Marto decide to hang em up Taylor from Sydney would be ideal.

Reply #801307 | Report this post

Cornholio  
Years ago

Always wanted to see how Devondrick Walker would go at Perth, still do.
Don't think we saw the best of him at SEM.

Reply #801312 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Walker was very average in his stint with SEM this year. Would be a downgrade from Terrico

Reply #801316 | Report this post

Bol  
Years ago

Walkers first game for SEM he was their best player by a big margin.

Tapered off but in the right system playing a full season in the league he would be a gun.

Reply #801327 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Deshon Taylor to Perth I believe is a really possible idea with how close him & Cotton are ... Looking on his twitter and his highlights he's a far upgrade from the guards they have now and he’ll be a cheaper price. He’s athletic! He’s a way better scorer/shooter than Damo/Norton and better defender than Norton but can’t say he’s up there with Damo yet

Paul Smith will try to keep him according to his tweet about him saying come back stronger

Reply #801339 | Report this post

Cornholio  
Years ago

Wouldn't Sydney keep Casper despite his crap finals.
Taylor to Perth has a nice buzz about it.
A

Reply #801345 | Report this post

Yinka Dare  
Years ago

Why would Perth want Taylor? I like the guy as a person but I think cats want someone a bit better.

Reply #801366 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Taylor was good towards the end of his stint at kings but early on he was terrible. Budget import would be fine but he's no Martin replacement.

With Hobart coming in teams should go back to ten players, two imports plus one next star. Lots of third imports have not been that great.

Reply #801370 | Report this post

D2.0  
Years ago

If they went that route, Taylor could work, as he would be sharing with Norton. Depends on how much upside they see in him I guess.

But the reality is that even with travel restrictions and potentially no summer league(s), whatever Trev wants to do, he'll be casting the net far and wide.

Reply #801409 | Report this post

Craig  
Years ago

Being a Wildcats and Orlando Magic fan I can tell you Orlando have loved what James Ennis is/was bringing to the team and would by no means be dropping him.

Reply #801786 | Report this post

robt  
Years ago

If Taylor and Cotton are buddies, I can't think why he wouldn't be a great fit for Perth.

To compare anyone with Damo after having had one unsettling season in our league is scary. And in that unsettling season, Taylor showed a lot of improvement (as already stated above). Remember that Damo has run his team for centuries now and everything he does is gold.

If Taylor is recruited, I can see that in his first season, he will be the starting and regular PG and most importantly, might even hang around long enough to be considered for the Boomers (too).

Reply #801813 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

He's a perceptive man.

Reply #801841 | Report this post

proud  
Years ago

So Wildcats according to posters above want Perth with a starting 5 of

Taylor
Cotton
Walker
Kay
Plumlee (perhaps)

With Norton
Swaka Lo Buluk
Steindl
Wagstaff
Majok

I'm not sure that that has success written all over it but I'll admit that there is definitely intrigue with that squad as although stability is a wonderful thing, it's always great to see someone new and it not get stale with your imports (Tokoto being a prime example as he felt like he was more like a special attraction with his bounce and we never got too sick of him... shame he hasn't found another NBL gig as we've certainly had worse imports in the league since).
This would be the ultimate sign of good faith to Bryce that they want him to stay by bringing his mates in around him.

Reply #801852 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

White is a lot better than Walker.

Reply #801860 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

"Walkers first game for SEM he was their best player by a big margin.

Tapered off but in the right system playing a full season in the league he would be a gun."

He was their best player by a big margin speaks more towards how poor SEM played that day. It was a good performance by him but he didn't show much else during his stint. I'm not signing a guy who played one good game and several poor ones.

Reply #801862 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 2:58 pm, Fri 26 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754