TheDawg
Years ago

Home outdoor basketball court

Looking into getting one installed.

Keen on some feedback on what has and hasn't worked well for people who have done the same.

Keen on suggestions re the type of hoop to get and also how well the rubber tiles work.

Cheers

Topic #47177 | Report this topic

KET  
Years ago

Dreamcourts lol

Reply #804040 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I've never played on one of those dreamcourts but man they look so friggin sweet

Reply #804048 | Report this post

Mick  
Years ago

Consult your neighbours and get approval if required by your local council.

You will get complaints if you are in relative proximity to people nearby.

You may be forced to take it down as I guaranteed you will piss everyone off with your constant bouncing.

Suggest you go play at your local courts which have better facilities.

Reply #804096 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Don't use it before 7am or after 9pm and you will be fine don't worry about the whingers

Reply #804100 | Report this post

Mick  
Years ago

You may be required to lodge a local development application with the council, which may require various forms of local government approval, building reports and safety assessments.

I suggest thorough research of the full breakdown of costs, approval paperwork and community impacts assessments that may be required before making any decisions.

Reply #804103 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Mick - local courts often have terrible facilities. It's rare to find a decent outdoor court. Then when you do there's a line-up to play at it.

Reply #804107 | Report this post

Anon  
Years ago

Any idea what a Dreamcourt setup goes for.

Reply #804108 | Report this post

GordonG47  
Years ago

https://www.msfsports.com.au/how-much-basketball-court-cost/

Reply #804115 | Report this post

Dave Q  
Years ago

I installed an in-ground Goalrilla setup on our driveway a couple of years ago. It still looks brand new after being out in the weather all that time with practically daily use. Far from cheap, but it is very good value for money in my opinion.

I have not investigated laying down tiles, the bricked driveway serves the purpose.

Reply #804158 | Report this post

UseTaHoop  
Years ago

https://www.hoops.com.au/forum/12751-agro-neighbours-22stop-bouncing-that-ball22/

Read this first.

Reply #804315 | Report this post

Kai  
Years ago

Just went through the above post's link as I'm getting a 9x5m court soon for a new house.. looks like lots of differing opinions.

Does anyone have a Dreamcourt? According to them, the tiles reduce the bounce noise by 30%, does it affect bounce quality?

Swish Courts are FIBA approved for bounce and rebound but doesn't look like it reduces noise.

Reply #813747 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 11:58 am, Fri 26 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754