Bandit
Years ago

What am I missing re Basketball in SA?

I have some appreciation (from afar) of general turmoil within Basketball SA that seems to be more around administration than anything to do with the grass roots of the game.

But why do we need to go to a club site to pick up information about the forthcoming junior programme, the results from last season etc etc?

Any hey, don't get me wrong, the Sturt club should be congratulated for their web site and the information contained on it, great work by those involved, but surely when the basketball community is looking for future programs and past results, those should be published/posted on the BASA site or if they're using Sportingpulse as their agent then on that site to then enable clubs/the community to access that information.

Or what am I missing??

Topic #4721 | Report this topic

supporter  
Years ago

The part you are missing is that the programmer is still working on the rest of the programme and has been heavily involved with the Masters this week. The info on the Sturt site has been sent to all Clubs for their use.

Reply #54484 | Report this post

Bandit  
Years ago

Thanks for your post back. I wasn't wishing to have a cheap shot at any individual and if people are busy fine. But surely the posts of results past etc and the new season program should be published by the association and available to the general basketball community. I guess what I'd trying to say is that isn't easier to publish the information on a "corporate/association" web site than it is to e-mail information out to clubs and then rely on them to distribute?

I believe a number of the basketball community are interested so when the last season results are up on a club web site but not the associations it does seem 'right'. The same with getting information about the forthcoming season.

Reply #54486 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 12:46 am, Sat 27 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754