anon
Years ago

Trevor Gleeson - Why he should be in boomers program

Simple because he is Australia's GOAT when it comes to coaching, tell me why he isn't without telling me he whinges and sooks to a ref coz that doesn't mean shit, if that discredits him the Lebron isn't a good baskballer with the amount he whinges.

Lindsey gaze
Gorjian

Are there abouts but Gleeson has done more.

Topic #47291 | Report this topic

Anonymous  
Years ago

ask Hugh Greenwood

Reply #808032 | Report this post

Rod  
Years ago

you cant deny his results, all the way back to his time here in Townsville.

Reply #808033 | Report this post

Luuuc  
Years ago

Melbourne fans might not have such happy memories of his coaching

As for the Boomers program, those appointments seem to be as political as ever so I guess it's dependent on whether Trev is mates with the right people.

Reply #808038 | Report this post

anon  
Years ago

gleesons time in Townsville albeit not winning a chip was some of his best coaching, he had to recruit good players to a town that's hard to recruit too, he had a low budget, he had a club that was falling to pieces around him from management side and he still put very competitive teams on the floor that played hard, he is an all time coach but most keyboard warriors don't like him because he is always in the Refs ear...... I read some off the comments of previous threads and piss myself laughing at people that can't appreciate someones accolades.

Reply #808039 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

The OP is a moron and lacks credibility with atrocious spelling.

Reply #808040 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Because he resigned prior to the World Cup and doesn't want to be involved

Reply #808042 | Report this post

D2.0  
Years ago

As for the Boomers program, those appointments seem to be as political as ever so I guess it's dependent on whether Trev is mates with the right people.

This
Trev, and Bevo (and maybe others) made no secret of their ambitions in that regard, and I assume got a clear "vibe" that it wasn't going to happen, so pulled away.

Honestly, they SHOULD have Trev coaching the NBL Boomers, but since he's not part of the A-Team program that's not going to happen.

So best of luck to BB and his mate WW, here's hoping they can bring us home a medal.

Reply #808055 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Bevo for nbl Australia would be good since he doesn't have a club side.

Reply #808064 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Once again, numerous NBA players on the Boomers roster can't stand him.
2016 he was just there for a holiday in RIO

Reply #808066 | Report this post

Perthworld  
Years ago

gleesons time in Townsville albeit not winning a chip was some of his best coaching, he had to recruit good players to a town that's hard to recruit too, he had a low budget, he had a club that was falling to pieces around him from management side and he still put very competitive teams on the floor that played hard, he is an all time coach but most keyboard warriors don't like him because he is always in the Refs ear...... I read some off the comments of previous threads and piss myself laughing at people that can't appreciate someones accolades.

I have to admit the way Gleeson rode Homicide at times by chewing him out or benching him was pretty sweet. Almost made Corey cry (well not really). A memorable highlight being Crocs @ Dragons, great drama on the sidelines. Superb management in Townsville, it transcends all the Perth championships as it was done by being a badass rather than by having money.

Reply #808067 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Facts about the nba guys not liking him.
Flex won't work on the international stage.
He was sacked after rio, didn’t "resign"

Reply #808070 | Report this post

Need a Euro-ball expert on that bench in Tokyo

Reply #808074 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Coach Liam Flynn would be the best for that role. Very highly respected in Europe and intimate knowledge of all the high end Xs and Os.

Reply #808099 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Thanks Liam.

Reply #808100 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Haha

Reply #808101 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Yeah, Trev's a flog. The sad thing is he would have won us a medal at the WC.

I'm not sold on Brown, but will wait and see what he produces. Just so glad Lemonass and all his sycophantic fanbois are gone.

I reckon Brown's first test will be to see if he can actually get the full squad available for Tokyo, rather than just his mates.

Reply #808111 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I have low expectations for Tokyo.
Boomers will finish outside top 4.

Reply #808114 | Report this post

Aussie Oi  
Years ago

How has Billy Beaver wiggled his way into the Aussie coaching role? He's proved nothing at Sydney and looks and carries on like a flog. Was piss poor in the finals series and would have been embarrassed had the series gone further. Is coaching in a second tier (rate) league overseas seen as carrying more weight than coaching in the NBL?
Aussies for Aussie teams I reckon and the Seppos can watch on.

Reply #808120 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Righto clint dogg

Reply #808124 | Report this post

koberulz  
Years ago

I have low expectations for Tokyo.
Boomers will finish outside top 4.
Yep. The one thing that always gets brought up about the Boomers is the continuity and familiarity with each other. Throwing that out a month before the Olympics will be a disaster.

COVID may help, or not, depending on what happens to various league schedules from here.

Reply #808130 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 8:29 pm, Fri 26 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754