anon1
Years ago

NZ NBL ESPN Broadcast Deal

NZ NBL get broadcast deal

https://www.stuff.co.nz/sport/basketball/121918723/new-zealand-nbl-to-be-broadcast-globally-on-espn

Did NBL1 lose a great opportunity to broadcast even if for one season to a broader audience ?

Does this push NZ NBL further ahead of NBL1

Topic #47331 | Report this topic

Perthworld  
Years ago

Any coverage for Australian audiences?

Reply #809564 | Report this post

Cram  
Years ago

I would imagine since ESPN in Australia is the same one thats in NZ that we wouldnt give it, considering I'm sure the NZ NBL have their own local broadcast deal yeah?

I'd like to be wrong though. Love to watch some hoops

Reply #809567 | Report this post

anon1  
Years ago

seems like only there $10 online sub for OZ

Reply #809568 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

NBL1 didn't lose an opportunity. They never had an opportunity. There is no way NBL1 teams could afford for teams to go into a bubble. NZBL they are all staying at the same hotel and playing out of the same stadium.

Reply #809575 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

"Does this push NZ NBL further ahead of NBL1" NBL1 is a poor 2nd cousin to the NZBL.

Reply #809577 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Have you watched NZNBL round 1? It's absolute trash

Reply #809578 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

To be fair to nznbl, it's a make up competition that doesn’t have any of the top NZ players playing, any imports or Australian. Good on them for having a shot at it in these strange times but it doesn’t represent there true comp.

Reply #809580 | Report this post

MACDUB  
Years ago

Yeah NZNBL this year is absolute trash - I get that they wanted a broadcast deal, but its kind of like getting professional photographs done for your work website after you've come off a 30 day bender and you look the worse you've ever looked;

It's USA High School standard - and I mean a Wyoming HS, not Oak Hill type.

Reply #809588 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

When Toni smith Milner is a high draft pick in any league it tells you all you need to know

Reply #809655 | Report this post

Perthworld  
Years ago

TSM a high draft pick ewww yuck.

Thanks for the feedback from everyone - I won't be bothering with this league.

Reply #809659 | Report this post

PyroCross  
Years ago

If you're selling your league by saying, "But hey, its basketball! Live! On TV!" Then its very likely the product is bad.

Reply #809810 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 9:56 pm, Fri 26 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754