Aussie
Years ago

Latest on the Hawks four young players

Here's where the Hawks’ 4 youngsters sit, currently: Brian Goorjian and co. have known for a while that Emmett Naar and Dan Grida will be returning; opposing NBL teams believe Sam Froling will also return; Sunday Dech is exploring his options in the FA market.

Via Olgun Uluc.

So Naar will be there next season

Grida probably won't play due to ACL injury

Dech exploring options so unlikely to return

I find this one interesting "opposing NBL teams believe Sam Froling will also return"
What does that mean exactly? Does it mean other teams have reached out to Sam and Sam and his agent have told other clubs he is definately returning to the Hawks?

Topic #47380 | Report this topic

Anonymous  
Years ago

Glover is gone and Dech is looking around, there best two young players, it hasn't started to well. Both these guys play D, a trait Goorgian likes yet they are leaving. No one else is signing Grida or Naar.

Reply #811118 | Report this post

anonymous  
Years ago

"Glover is gone and Dech is looking around, there best two young players, it hasn't started to well. Both these guys play D, a trait Goorgian likes yet they are leaving. No one else is signing Grida or Naar"

Don't agree at all. Glover does NOT play D at all. I am not surprised Goorjian would let him go.

Reply #811119 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

it means sam has his first girlfriend and she lives in illawarra so he'll stay

Reply #811121 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Maybe the hawks should be given a mercy rule and have one extra import for the coming season.

Reply #811123 | Report this post

Cornholio  
Years ago

Sounds like Dech will be the only one going.

Reply #811125 | Report this post

Leblanc Wildcats  
Years ago

Reply #811127 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Where to for Glover. Is he staying with Victorian Teams.. Nbl1 and nbl

Reply #811129 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

glover has signed with the kings

Reply #811130 | Report this post

Sourbroker  
Years ago

Naar was leaving before the Goorj signing. Will be interesting to see how he's used if he stays - really needs to be given the ball with shooters at three positions, ideally four. Up tempo, let him go.

Angus taking the cash and a certified chance to contend. Tough one for the hawks who paid him to rehab his second time round.

Reply #811131 | Report this post

Sourbroker  
Years ago

Dech must have a solid opportunity for minutes somewhere other than Illawarra. Damo possibly retiring....great get for whoever lands him.

Reply #811132 | Report this post

Leblanc Wildcats  
Years ago

Reply #811133 | Report this post

D2.0  
Years ago

Dech had a breakout season, and was described as the "hottest free-agency prospect" so its hardly surprising his agent is dealing with a lot of interest. And yeah, you'd think it would be heavily dependent on opportunity (and hence reward)

It's certainly going to be interesting to see how Goorj builds his team.
Keeping in mind, there's something I' not clear on: Since the previous Hawks owners went under, their contracts were apparently voided and not novated to the new owners, apparently making all their players free-agents. That being the case, does that mean that (unlike other teams) the Hawks can't sign their "own" players before FA begins??
I'm just thinking that could be why Goorj appears to have been inactive to date.

Reply #811135 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

If I were Dech I'd stay for Goorj. He could become an All-NBL talent with Goorj.

Reply #811143 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Glover wasn't offered a contract by new organisation. Naar was not coming back except for Goorgian and no other offers.

Reply #811145 | Report this post

The Contractor  
Years ago

Funny how rumours start. My circles tell me Glover had an offer from Hawks, at least equal to that of Kings but Angus enjoyed his time with Will Weaver at the Boomers.

Reply #811148 | Report this post

Sourbroker  
Years ago

The suggestion that the hawks didn't make an offer to Glover is a lie. Stop making shit up.

Reply #811155 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I know one of his close relatives, they are so disappointed, it's not shit.

Reply #811157 | Report this post

The Contractor  
Years ago

Close relative doesn't have all facts. Let’s wait until it’s announced when the local media can ask all associated. rather than spread false stories, again.

Reply #811160 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

So Glover not staying in Melbourne then Thanks

Reply #811173 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Considering Glover has been training at kings I'm not certain what you’re on about re Melbourne.

Reply #811174 | Report this post

Cornholio  
Years ago

Glover to Sydney.

Reply #811176 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

^^ welcome to two weeks ago

Reply #811177 | Report this post

Cornholio  
Years ago

One week ago dickhead

Reply #811178 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Contractor & sourbroker are very close & are right for 90% of their info
To the anon that is supposedly close to one of his relatives is full off it & doesn't know anything

Reply #811182 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Naar didn't have people lining up to sign him as at this stage hasn't looked like an NBL level player.

Reply #811190 | Report this post

Sourbroker  
Years ago

Certainly looked NBL level when he got a chance last season.

Reply #811205 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

He was average, certainly at the defensive end, poor shooter, great assists man though.

Reply #811218 | Report this post

LoveBroker  
Years ago

poor shooter

Naar was a 40% 3pt shooter in college, and a 37% shooter last year.

Is that so bad?

Reply #811223 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

It is when you only average 5.6ppg

Reply #811224 | Report this post

LoveBroker  
Years ago

His primary role is not to score, he distributes.

He can make teams pay if they sag off him, despite a rather unordothox looking shot.

Reply #811225 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

37% is poor. Fark me.

Reply #811228 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Goulding happy to play for hawks, $450 season, $900 towards the cap I'm led to believe. He could be there saviour.

Reply #811242 | Report this post

So my taxes funded someone going to the CoE and emerging with dysfunctional shooting form ? Please advise

Reply #811244 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Hawks got Naar, Froling, Ogilvy, Coenrad and maybe Blanchfield, Goorgian will need to be a miracle worker.

Reply #811246 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

i hoping thats the bench and not the starters

AJ
Blanchfield
Froilng
Naar
Coenard

Reply #811252 | Report this post

LoveBroker  
Years ago

Hawks got Naar, Froling, Ogilvy, Coenrad and maybe Blanchfield, Goorgian will need to be a miracle worker.

These should ideally be all bench players, yes even Blanchfield (if we were talking about a team contending for a Championship).

If Colangelo and team can get some serious talent.....anything is possible.

Reply #811265 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

If there all bench players the free agency list better have some good players on it, which it's not great or they are going to pay overs. You are only allowed two imports.
Dech will be over paid.

Reply #811273 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

how many asian players can u have

Reply #811274 | Report this post

KET  
Years ago

"Meanwhile, Adelaide are strongly pursuing Hawks free agent Sunday Dech. The 26-year-old is hot property in the free agent market and is receiving interest from a number of teams after his breakout NBL20 campaign. Dech's two former clubs, Perth and the Hawks, are both keen to bring him back but with a three-year deal on the table, the 36ers are currently leading that race."

Dayum

Reply #811291 | Report this post

Cornholio  
Years ago

3 years and no doubt big moolah.

Reply #812652 | Report this post

Cornholio  
Years ago

Illawarra and Perth just can't compete.

Reply #812653 | Report this post

KET  
Years ago

Perth putting big money offer to Motum, one suggests they have better ideas for their money

Reply #812657 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 3:36 pm, Tue 19 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754