Yeah
Years ago

Sixers officially sign Isaac Humphries

the bigman heads to South Australia. Humphries signs a 2-year deal with the 36ers. Huge get.

Predictions for him?

Topic #47404 | Report this topic

Jack Toft  
Years ago

"With the Kings, Humphries averaged 6.9 points, 3.6 rebounds and 1.0 blocks while shooting 58 percent in 16 minutes per game, making six starts in 26 appearances. He was subsequently named the NBL Rookie of the Year"

With Foling gone, the Sixers need a young, agile, aggressive C/PF. I have felt this for a long time (refer past rants) that the Sixers need a presence in the key that makes other clubs take notice. I had high hopes with Froling, but these hopes have now evaporated with him joining the Brisbane 18ers.

Need a centre that you can keep in the cage between games, speak short sentences to (slowly) and just leave push carcasses of raw meat through the bars every couple of day

Reply #811746 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

doesn't move the needle

Reply #811747 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Yes we know, you didn't need to make a new thread for it

Reply #811750 | Report this post

sixtiesrockstar  
Years ago

gives freedom to DJ by having someone else as rim protector/rebounder. Froling was too busy trying to be DJ and just shoot 3's.

Reply #811751 | Report this post

LoveBroker  
Years ago

doesn't move the needle

He is the highest paid local in the competition next year.

It had better move the needle far towards the right.

Reply #811757 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

He is allegedly the highest paid local.

"We know you didn't need to make a new thread for it"....thanks for your contribution.

Reply #811758 | Report this post

KET  
Years ago

Eastern seaboard clubs have a fair bit of cash to throw around if they want to - ordinarily at least. It sure about corona times.

Adelaide needs a combination of outbidding financially and promising a good playing situation position or timewise to steal top talent IMO. To that extent, Adelaide needs to pay "overs" for a player even “overs for what a rich club would pay”

Reply #811761 | Report this post

Maxymoo  
Years ago

Highest paid local C with the initials IH?

Reply #811780 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Good signing ,knew about this a month ago,upgrade from froling .
Only Froling did on the bench was flexing his muscles to the hot chick that
was near the bench ,when he came in court he lost his marbles and didn't
do what Joey asked him to do ,got a few games got us going but ran out of
energy.Waste of talent ,hope he doesn’t do much in Brisbane .

Reply #811786 | Report this post

Beegee  
Years ago

Whoever said he is the highest paid local is an idiot. Clearly Bryce Cotton is the highest paid local.

Reply #811801 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

You love it on the right LoveDumper

Reply #811803 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I dont think the nuff nuffs on this page realize the 6ers have cash to splash now and they don't have to pay "Overs" for anyone. Josh Giddey was courted by SEM, Sydney and United, he chose Adelaide over them all. Humphries was sought after by other teams and he chose Adelaide. Stay tuned.

Reply #811808 | Report this post

KET  
Years ago

What would having cash to splash relate to paying overs?

If you're a young athlete early twenties, mid twenties etc do you go to eastern seaboard or Adelaide? You go eastern seaboard unless 1) pay is better 2) position and court time being more ideal or 3) a coach/friends you really want to play with (Joey Wright was a bit like that recruiting wise)

One would suggest that Giddey was promised court time other teams couldn’t promise and Humphries being the highest paid Aussie is the 36ers paying overs to get him

I don’t know where this money has come from, fees like GK is overspending to try and get success - if it doesn’t work what next? Gives up and 36ers chase new owners?

Reply #811812 | Report this post

Cornholio  
Years ago

I don't mind Adelaide now that Wright is gone.

Reply #811816 | Report this post

ME  
Years ago

I wouldn't judge Isaac on his last NBL stint. He's played in the NBA and has had some huge games in G League. I think he's going to be a handful inside. He's always had all the tools.

Adelaide's big question is its guard rotation. And why the hell they're only going with one import, I'll never know.

Reply #811829 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Because JVG is a moron

Reply #811841 | Report this post

Peter  
Years ago

Keanu Pinder official now aswell

Reply #811920 | Report this post

LoveBroker  
Years ago

Didn't Henry say there will be two imports?

Reply #811922 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

maybe talking about a NS

Reply #811924 | Report this post

LoveBroker  
Years ago

We're not Sydney Kings, we don't call imports Next Stars, we call a Spade a Spade.

Reply #811928 | Report this post

bretts the man  
Years ago

Look everyone can be negative but think this signing and Giddey adds real talent and without antics from Wright Drimic and Frohling looking forward to season along without Randell hogging the ball .
Only hope get least 1 top import and actually play defence and Jack just plays ball now other clowns gone .
Looking forward good times at the ET

Reply #811999 | Report this post

Beantown  
Years ago

Agreed Bretts, there is room for optimism with a new coach and some decent signings thus far. We're going to need two good signings at point guard and small forward to threaten the top two, but I already have more interest in this team than at any point last season!

Reply #812008 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

If Humphries had some big games in gleague then he must have had some shockers based on his averages. Good signing but considering price surely we could have gotten someone more proven. And playing nba with Atlanta isn't exactly something to be proud of, just had good seats to watch Young shoot a lot.

Reply #812013 | Report this post

Nate  
Years ago

This is a great signing. The 36ers have been crying out for an interior presence for years. He's only 22, lost his baby fat that he had as a rookie. Also can shoot the 3 if required.
Guys on NBL free agency talk suggesting Obi might be on the move.
That makes sense. Dech and a superstar import. If required a 2nd import can come in or an Aussie finished in the NBA later.

Reply #812039 | Report this post

KET  
Years ago

So The Advertiser hasn't been covering the 36ers in a long time. This is extremely disappointing!

Reply #812100 | Report this post

KET  
Years ago

C Humphries/Pinder
F Johnson/Kyei
F Import (3&D)/McVeigh
G Dech/Teys
G Import (ball carrier)/Giddy/Mudronja

Ditch Dillon.

Boom

Reply #812101 | Report this post

Master Chief  
Years ago

KET, I get the feeling that's what they're thinking.

I dare say it could be arranged that Mudronja spends another year as a DP instead of cutting Dillon though.

Just goes to show how guard heavy this is when you consider White was contracted originally.

Reply #812104 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Agree with KET get Singler (budget)

Reply #812112 | Report this post

Nate  
Years ago

It will be Obi leaving according to Liam.

Reply #812135 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Kyei is staying, why would they only have 3 bigs. Motum is too expensive with the others already there.

Dillon is getting old and teys sucks, those 2 should be gone by next season.

Reply #812137 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Santa Maria is way off calling Pinder a pf, he's played c for a few seasons now,

Reply #812138 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

D2.0 calls him a SF smh

Reply #812139 | Report this post

Nate  
Years ago

Well Liam is usually spot on, so I'd say Obi is gone. Don’t forget that opens up an import spot.
Humphries/DJ/Pinder is enough for the front court.

Reply #812140 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

No it's not, Henry himself said he’d play obi as 4/3

Reply #812141 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

They ain't replacing a pf with import pf.

Reply #812142 | Report this post

Cornholio  
Years ago

Would be a shame to see Obi out of the league if he doesn't land somewhere else.

Reply #812143 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

He ain't going out of the league.

Reply #812144 | Report this post

Zodiac  
Years ago

He's obviously got another gig lined up as he still had a year to go on his contract with the Sixers.

Reply #812145 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

It's 36ers or backed out for hawks.

Reply #812146 | Report this post

Zodiac  
Years ago

That would make sense he was a starter last season (by default) knew he would be coming off the bench this season so at the Hawks he would be a chance to start.

Reply #812157 | Report this post

Beantown  
Years ago

I hope Obei stays. I get that he might want more minutes, but being able to throw two high energy guys like him and Pinder at opponents would be handy. They could both play a lot more aggressively too, as it wouldn't matter so much if one got in foul trouble.

Would much prefer they moved Dillon. We just don't have the minutes for him and we don't need his skillset.

Reply #812162 | Report this post

KET  
Years ago

You wonder the situation when Liam drops those thought bubbles.

Having Kyei move on wouldn't do much good unless they have a defensive minded player to replace - so you have two offensive talls in DJ/IH and the athletic player in Pinder and a defensive backup to avoid 36ers being lack traffic cones.

I think I did hear Mudronja perhaps being a DP again? If so, that allows you to avoid moving on Dillon. But the bloke would be surplus to requirements if Dech is signed and if 36ers anticipate two imports which they ought to be if they want to consider top 4

Reply #812203 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 12:48 am, Sat 27 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754