Anonymous
Years ago

Covid-19 no worse than flu, a product of government: Creek

Mitch Creek has posted on his social media questioning whether we would know there was a pandemic if government and media weren't making a big deal out if.

https://twitter.com/stevesmithffx/status/1284677974470488065?s=19

I don't agree with his opinion and after asking others to take his driving demerit points for him I'm coming to the conclusion that he isn't too smart.

Topic #47422 | Report this topic

Isaac  
Years ago

Supposedly also Creek from a screenshot in the replies: "If you get a flu shot you're an idiot".

Reply #812293 | Report this post

Train  
Years ago

His argument is ridiculously floored.

Firstly he is comparing Covid-19 cases to 2019 flu cases where there was no social distancing, bio-security measures and increase to hygiene. Not only that but he is comparing Covid cases against one of the worse flu seasons in recent times.

Secondly, the statistics he provide actually showed that Covid-19 had a higher fatality rate. The guy is an idiot.

Reply #812294 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Good to great nbl player but oh my, not lot going on up stairs.

Reply #812296 | Report this post

LoveBroker  
Years ago

ridiculously floored

Ummmm...OK.

Reply #812297 | Report this post

Train  
Years ago

@lovebroker - I meant flawed. C'mon man.

Reply #812298 | Report this post

D2.0  
Years ago

Nah, you were right, I too was floored by his stupidity.

Reply #812299 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Didn't he just share a picture of some stats with a one word caption saying "interesting"?

The vaccination stuff was leaked private messages. Bit harsh criticising a bloke about his medical beliefs made in private irrespective of the arguments for and against.

Reply #812302 | Report this post

Webcam Luke  
Years ago

If you have been following Creek's Instagram for awhile, you'll notice he is constantly getting his motorbike stolen and circulating Covid-conspiracy propaganda.

Reply #812304 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I think it's a reasonable point by Mitch though.

It's proportionality that's the issue with Covid. Is our response to this proportionate to what's really going on? It's interesting how a country like Sweden has been criticized for their response, but maybe they're the only country acting rationally and with anything resembling intelligence. I don't know?

Reply #812305 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Sweden didn't do a great job with COVID

Reply #812309 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

He is easily influenced by those around him

https://www.instagram.com/p/CBFRKdujZ7Y/?hl=en

Reply #812313 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

The death rate in Sweden is far higher per head of people than countries that implemented lock down or partial lock downs. Swedes are now starting to complain about the government policy.
The USA is the best example when you do minimum what happens to society.

Reply #812315 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Many basketball players have a career or something else lined up after basketball.
What will Creek do? Appears to have a low IQ.

Reply #812316 | Report this post

Hanging Round  
Years ago

Creek appear to have had some brains snipped with some of his hair cuts.
Like the idiots who don't want their kids immunised because they won't catch diseases if everybody else has had a needle.
What happens when the kid meets up with a friend or relative who has been or met with somebody with disease from overseas??
No needle, no play

Reply #812319 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Great opportunity for SEM to grow their supporters base and become the team for antivax and conspiracy theories morons. Quite a few of these people unfortunately

Reply #812320 | Report this post

Zodiac  
Years ago

I'll defend him in regards to the disgraceful act the Sixers owner did to him but in fairness Creek has never been the sharpest tool in the shed and has said and done some stupid shit over the years.

Reply #812323 | Report this post

Sourbroker  
Years ago

Wasn't it only last week that everyone was calling for the sniping and immaturity to stop in regards to Lovebroker? Classic stuff.

Reply #812324 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Why isn't it true? I'm with him from day dot, it's a agenda which we will never know. Unfortunately people believe everything because a doctor, scientist all media and know government have control and do what they want.

Maybe people have a less of an iq than creek? If you don't know other than what you have been told you have no right in saying something about someone that has an opinion that you don't agree with.

Reply #812325 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Would be a small percentage of the population that have a lower IQ than Creek.

Reply #812327 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Yes, how silly of us to be believing doctors and scientists. Instead we should be listening to reality tv chefs.

Reply #812329 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

"Wasn't it only last week that everyone was calling for the sniping and immaturity to stop in regards to Lovebroker? Classic stuff."

Yeah. Whats your point?

Reply #812330 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

A plastic wrap short of a six pack.

Reply #812334 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Actually you are bit silly listening to doctors ect find out who they are working for and who pays them. it's cases instead of death's to keep everyone thinking how bad it is.

If it was so deadly, why has places like bunnings open throughout the pandemic? Can't find out how many people attend icu through winter season young and old.

It's unfortunate people pass away but since covid 19 here in march 1000 have died of suicide but never mentioned by a doctor or media.

Reply #812341 | Report this post

LoveBroker  
Years ago

Unfortunately people believe everything because a doctor, scientist all media and know government have control and do what they want.

Yeah all those idiots who :
- Took advice to eat fruits and vegetables to prevent Scurvy.
- Decided to try this snake oil they cvall anti-biotics for infections.
- Took candy looking things to prevent unwanted pregnancies.
- Poke themselves needlessly to make sure they have this liquid looking thing called Insulin .

Screw listening to doctors and scientists, I only need listen to Trump and Supporters.

Reply #812342 | Report this post

Maxymoo  
Years ago

Sweden has recorded more than 5600+ deaths. Australia has recorded 123.

Sweden has 10 mill - we have 25 mil.

Let's not pretend that’s a success story.

Reply #812346 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I'll think you'll find that there has been a lot of awareness brought to mental health and suicides, agreed not as much as covid, but it certainly has been raised especially when well known people open up about it and tragically when they pass away.

Reply #812353 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Firstly, can we get a source on the 1000 suicides due to covid?

And if it is true, it's definitely also tragic but suicide isnt contagious, and the whole reason we've gone into lock down is because the spread of covid and the death rates are higher than what any country is prepared for.

Reply #812356 | Report this post

Anon  
Years ago

I read his social media post, and immediately unfollowed him. He's supposed to be a leader. Hard enough to get kids to take this seriously without "influencers" like him posting. He should apologise. Really strange, as he holds himself out as someone with a social conscious. This just ain’t the flu, in fact nothing like it in terms of its virulence, it’s seriousness and it’s long-term effects. But then again, never really sought medical advice from a baller. Stick to posting bball shots and tattoos.

Reply #812360 | Report this post

Zodiac  
Years ago

Not sure he should have to apologise, plenty of people publicly admit to believing in magic sky fairies and we don't lock them in up in padded rooms.

Creek's a knucklehead always has been what's he a leader of? Deciphering demerit points? AFL talent evaluation? Flexing pics? Come on.

Reply #812365 | Report this post

Anon  
Years ago

Kids do see him as a leader and someone to look up to. SEM would also see him as a leader. If an AFL footballer were to post that crap, they would be shut down by their club. SEM? NBL? Nope.

Reply #812372 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I agree he's entitled to his opinion.

I just find it interesting that (in my opinion), there seems to be a trend of his words not being well thought out, yet he's seen as one of the best leaders/culture builders in Australian basketball (at least that's what NBL overtime and Will Weaver tell us).

Reply #812378 | Report this post

HD  
Years ago

he does do some good things for the community, but he just needs to think before posting and keep in his lane. He doesn't need to have a view in everything.

Reply #812382 | Report this post

Zodiac  
Years ago

Maybe some parenting of said kids wouldn't go astray instead? These guys are young men some need to take their socks off to count past ten, just a fact of life.

I have no doubt he would be heavily censured in the AFL which says more about the AFL than anything else. This is after all a league that has a multi-billion dollar TV contract thanks to the ad buying power of billion dollar betting agencies who make most of their money from problem gamblers.

The same AFL that comes down hard on players betting on games yet itself relies heavily on the continued exploitation of problem gamblers.

Reply #812383 | Report this post

HD  
Years ago

Nice deflection.

Reply #812384 | Report this post

Coachgirl  
Years ago

I hate giving this sort of misinformation any oxygen, but I know people are dying because of misinformation and mistrust in authority. The suicide statistics are an estimate, these are not available in real time and it is not possible for anyone to make assurances about this. It is clear that risk of suicide increases with unemployment and other stresses, so it is not unreasonable to think that there will be an increase. There is also an increase in help available, so people should contact Lifeline or similar if they need help.

Also, unless you are familiar with the damage that this virus is doing to the lungs of some survivors, you could fall into the "not many people have died here, so its not a problem camp". This virus is new, there is still so much to learn about how to treat it or manage adverse effects, but the one thing we do know is how to avoid it. Listening to people who are trying to keep you alive is always better than those who get their medical information from Facebook or celebrity chefs.

Reply #812386 | Report this post

Mock  
Years ago

Good to confirm Creek is a MORON.

Love Broker makes some good points above though.

Reply #812388 | Report this post

HD  
Years ago

Well said.

Reply #812389 | Report this post

PlaymakerMo  
Years ago

"I think it's a reasonable point by Mitch though."

No, it's not...

Reply #812395 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Thinking Mitch and Zodiac have similar IQ.

Reply #812396 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I wonder if his ex teammate K A Towns shares the same belief?

Reply #812397 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

It's like creek kneeling attending a BLM protest but it French using the N word in games to address opposition players

Reply #812400 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

This is why pro sports players should shut up and dribble 99% of them are dumber than a flaming bag of dog sh*t

Reply #812402 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Oh dear. It seems the ink on Mitch's leg has infected his brain.

What an absolute turkey.

Reply #812409 | Report this post

Mobbin  
Years ago

Even if the cases & deaths are over reported, I'd rather not go to the pub for a few months so we can have the grandparents around for the kids

Reply #812411 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Here's a long list that backs up what I think Creek is expressing his opinion about, unfortunately most people only believe the MSM headlines which try to keep people in a state of fear rather than actually looking a little deeper and making theirnown mind up.

https://swprs.org/a-swiss-doctor-on-covid-19/

I agree with him to a degree, just wouldn't go about it the way he does especially in his position.

Reply #812415 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

'415 - forget the MSM. The government, relying on expert panels (medicos/scientists/economists/etc), is projecting similar information and caution in Australia. A government in power can stand to benefit from a well-handled crisis, sure, but a political party fancying itself as one of sound financial judgement would not be shutting down enterprise without very good reason. And for the most part, the actions have bi-partisan support. Half the media is forever jockeying to open up, drive down use of masks, etc.

Reply #812417 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

SEM should say something, or ask Mitch to say something. He's put something out there without thinking. Just needs to be retracted and dealt with. But remember, the guy does a lot of good things and is always focussed on helping others. Just said a dumb thing.

Reply #812418 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

unfortunately most people only believe the MSM

Unfortunately people think watching some nutcase rant on about some conspiracy shit on YouTube is research.

Reply #812420 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

#420 to right.
Only have to watch what's happening in the US to see how dumb people are.

Reply #812422 | Report this post

Perthworld  
Years ago

That's a good point - those are two separate groups but both still sheep.

Reply #812425 | Report this post

NSA  
Years ago

Daniel Andrews might use this as part of his daily presser tomorrow to highlight some of the misinformation out there, a bit like the lady from Brighton.

Reply #812426 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Listening to Creek on intellectual subjects is like asking Stephen Hawking for dancing lessons.
At some stage I can see him winning a Darwin award.

Reply #812427 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Anon 415 you have posted that Swiss crap before. It's rubbish

Reply #812430 | Report this post

KET  
Years ago

Australia is a world leader in health science and has been for a long time, particularly respiratory. Don't need to be looking elsewhere to try and find some advice.

People who compare the flu and Covid don’t understand COVID. It’s not the same, the damage it does is substantially worse, the rate of infections is substantially worse and the way in which it is asymptotic in so many people is a massive cause for concern because that makes it all the harder to trace and all the more contagious and likely to reach those vulnerable.

When so many vulnerable are at risk it paralyses society and your economy, whether you are NZ trying to eliminate, Sweden who doesn’t or US who are trying to be as useless as possible.

And yes, Creek doing or saying dumb shit is pretty standard these days isn’t it? Classic Creeky, love the numbnut.

Reply #812432 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

It's not rubbish, I lists all the official studies by governments and health agencies all over the world, good and bad, showing every factor of covid.

I'm not telling people to believe Creek, but I wish everyone would read deeper into the facts rather than just the front page of the paper.

Reply #812434 | Report this post

Yeah  
Years ago

Mitch Creek everyone. From the armpit of the country known as Horsham, spreading his High IQ belief's with a gem like "covid no worse than a flu." Yeah... until his mother gets it or grandmother or Aunt with a heart condition.

Numpty should delete social media now.

Reply #812436 | Report this post

KET  
Years ago

Don't really know why you’d bother to read that.

Is it to try and find things that support your view so you can try to argue it to others? Because most people would realise you’re doing that and straight up won’t be convinced because there is nothing credible about it.

Is it part of you trying to convince yourself that you’re capable of understanding an area of science and be in a position "call out" others without the experience, knowledge and intelligence of those who actually have an expertise in the field?

It’s the classic conspiratorial behaviour and it wreaks of someone who failed year 10 science and reckons they’ve cracked the Davinci code, while the rest of us are sharing the posts over Facebook with the word “nuffy” plastered everywhere.

Will go with the experts, thanks.

Reply #812437 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Cuckoo. That is all.

Reply #812439 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Consensus from medical experts and government healh agencies all over the world is that about 0.2% of people with Covid will die, and on average 0.1% of people with the flu will die, but that goes up to 0.2% in a bad season.

Covid spreads easier than the flu because there are so many mild cases who spread without knowing making it more dangerous for the vulnerable population, but the virus itself is actually less dangerous for the young and healthy, you can't catch the flu and not know about it, and kids die more regularly with the flu so factor that in too.

So my opinion after weighing things is that covid is probably 2 or 3 times worse than a bad seasonal flu, but the response has caused so much more damage than was needed, and there are hidden agendas who are set to benefit from this response.

Reply #812440 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Not sure an epidemiologist is spending their time on a basketball post just now. So I think we can assume you're right KET.

Reply #812443 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

So it's not fake, and it's not caused by 5g, it's it shouldn't be taken lightly, it is a real problem, but when it's all over I think the analysis will be that we caused more long term damage than was needed.

Reply #812445 | Report this post

KET  
Years ago

Haha!

Reply #812446 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

It is rubbish and was rebuked in other threads. Only difference in Australia than 3/4 of the world where it has been devastating is our health system is better and our overall living standards are better. (Housing density etc)

Reply #812448 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Not sure which "experts" you're listening to KET.

That website is a compilation of every countries official health agency data and university studies as they've been trying to gather as much new info as possible, the only thing about it that sways to a particular side is that is links to some articles that aren't the same as the MSM.

I'm no expert, not many are, but numbers don't lie and I think if any reasonable person who cared to spend a few hours looking at the numbers which are progressively being compiled as the pandemic continues they may change their view. Considering the response by governments will be shaping our lives for many years to come I think the least people could do is look further to form their own opinion rather than just believe what their told by the news, and if you dig in deeper and think the government's response was necessary then that's ok, I just personally don't agree.

Reply #812449 | Report this post

Cornholio  
Years ago

Where is forum know all Koberulz

Reply #812451 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I have a strange feeling that #449 is #55 for SEM! Looney Tunes stuff.

Reply #812452 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

What are the hidden agendas? Who is going to benefit from the response?

Reply #812456 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

That's a rabbit hole far too deep for this forum.

Reply #812458 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Wherenis Dr Kone. He knows it all.

Reply #812459 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I guess like most things with government and economics, follow the money, because whenever money is lost somewhere it is gained somewhere else.

Reply #812460 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Calling Dr Kobe.

Reply #812461 | Report this post

Richard Ked  
Years ago

When you find Dr Kone, please direct him my way. I need to relax.

Reply #812462 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Kobe knows how to make a vaccine, but he's too busy correcting people on an obscure basketball forum.

Reply #812464 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I disagree w Mitch's views.
I will argue he is entitled to his beliefs and views without the abuse he is copping by people who are just as bad as they claim him to be.

Reply #812465 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Creek has a position of influence. He doesn't need to make us aware day after day how dumb and ignorant he is. Not dissimilar to anti-vaxers. When you’re ignorant and uneducated just shut the hell up. The world is full of half-wits who think they are intellectual like this Swiss poster. Stay in your lane and let the people who aren’t 5 stubbies short of a 6 pack have a rational conversation.

Reply #812470 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Don't forget that he does a lot of really good stuff. Don’t be too harsh. Expect he’s learned a lesson from this.

Reply #812471 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

He has a dangerous opinion.

Reply #812472 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

There are plenty of experts who do stay in their lane who have differing opinions, it's a good idea to read both sides and decide for yourself where you sit, generally it ends up being in the middle, does that sound reasonable to you?

Maybe the "ignorant uneducated half-wits" are the ones who don't bother reading anything and just expect the people in charge to decide things for them.

Reply #812475 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

He is valid an opinion no matter how
Stupid.
Which in return receives mass rebuttal.
Unless you want
Communism?

Reply #812476 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

That's for you #470, you sound like a true Rhodes Scholar.

Reply #812477 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

"Maybe the "ignorant uneducated half-wits" are the ones who post here. Corrected for accuracy. Back on topic Creek is an olive short of a Greek Salad.

Reply #812479 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Can anyone point to him publicly saying its a hoax or just the flu?

The only reason this is being treated so severely by government is the lack of ICU beds that would be needed to treat it

Hunger is far more lethal globally but isn't hyped like this , nor is a long list of other health problems.

It is simply a position of a virus being able to break a health system and embarrass a government.

Reply #812493 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Since when was hunger a contagious disease? Such a simpleton

Reply #812494 | Report this post

Thunder Jam  
Years ago

Guess the earth is flat Mitch?

Reply #812495 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Creek also replied to a fan about a possible return to the Sixers: "I'd rather get COVID-19"

Reply #812500 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Next thing it'll be the 5g!

ha ha dude is straight dumb as a post and if you've ever spoken to him its clear he is lucky that he can play ball or he'd be digging holes at best

Reply #812513 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

classic Hoops pile on, attacking a guy for not fact checking without fact checking what he did or did not say publicly.

Reply #812532 | Report this post

CJ Barter  
Years ago

What a hot take.

An athlete who probably "TLDR"-ed everything throughout "school" - coz Basketball > Biology is dumb.

Mind blowing.

Reply #812539 | Report this post

Nathan of Perth  
Years ago

A plastic wrap and six tinnies short of a six-pack.

Decent player but brains of soft cheese.

Reply #812583 | Report this post

Tjamu  
Years ago

few people having a crack at him for attending a BLM protest.

Human rights are not a political or brownie point scoring situation. Dont cite that as something stupid, because marching for equality is always a winner and having dealt with MC personally, he damn well was not doing it to appeal to social media for some likes. He's long been an advocate for anti-racism and equality.

His opinion here may or may not be a winner, however the man is true to himself and what he believes in. The sentiment he has here is questionable, but isnt as farfetched as it seems. Personally i oppose his views on COVID but shit, dont just tear into him because the next person is. Doctors and scientists also havent spoken out about the cancerous toxic waste that red meat is, because theyre funded by people with interests in these areas, amongst other stuff but hey. They are always to be trusted right.

Dig at him if you have a valid opinion, otherwise youre no better than him

Reply #812586 | Report this post

Trev  
Years ago

Black lives matter protest has killed a few all lives matter believersin Melbourne that'sfor sure.

Reply #812589 | Report this post

FM  
Years ago

So the option of not going the College route makes complete sense. Ain't no ball if you can't school.

Reply #812632 | Report this post

Tjamu  
Years ago

FM, Creeky is a pedestrian in game shooter, (though lights out during work outs) and he made the NBA without being a shooter mate.

Plenty of ball if you cant shoot

Reply #812675 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Creek has always been a loose cannon. No surprise.

Reply #812686 | Report this post

Webcam Luke  
Years ago

I hope Mitch Creek finds this thread.

Reply #812750 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Do NBL players read any of our shit?

Reply #812757 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 1:31 am, Sat 27 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754