Tas devil
Years ago

Tasmania coach

With a CEO looking like getting appointed over the coming weeks who will be front runner for the coaching gig surely it will be a known commodity or do the look at a young or international?

Topic #47434 | Report this topic

Anonymous  
Years ago

Maybe beveridge, Schueller, Forde, mcmains, henare etc

Reply #812711 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Definitely not Stewart

Reply #812712 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

By the time we next see the NBL Tassie will be in the league!

Reply #812715 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Why not Stewart, they need locals and he's done well at seabl level. Stewart, Nash and local young coach call Brerton. All Tasmanian coaching team.

Reply #812720 | Report this post

Scout  
Years ago

Stewie as an asst yep maybe with Radford as another asst but reckon the head coach role should go with someone else.

The net should be cast widely.

Reply #812727 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

The coach should pick his staff not the club

Reply #812728 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Radford has never coached with any great success, those three above are ideal.

Reply #812734 | Report this post

Scout  
Years ago

Fair call re the Head Coach selecting his staff - point taken.

Reply #812739 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Coach Liam Flynn the leading candidate and rightly so. Would be a strong appointment.

Reply #812755 | Report this post

Alright?  
Years ago

John Rillie

Reply #812761 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

They want Tasmanian's, Rillie and Flynn are not Tasmanian’s.

Reply #812763 | Report this post

Cornholio  
Years ago

Should just go for best coach they can get irrespective of where they're from.

Reply #812772 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

They want the best coach (who won't be Tasmanian). If you throw Stewie or Nash in as HC for the 1st time they will get thrown nder the bus if the results are poor on court. Let them assist and learn under and experienced HC. Pretty simple really. IMO there are no coaches in Tassie that can do this job. HC should then appoint his own staff after that. Hopefully no Board interference as well.
THe CEO job may already be allocated if the rumours are true. If so it makes a mockery of the job being advertised. I spoke to someone last week who knows the game well and has worked at CEO level before and should be a good CEO.

Brereton has just been appointed to BTAS in the North (last week) so wouldn't want to lose that gig yet. I know a bit about Paulie and he would be a good choice. I know less about Beveridge but clearly has the experience.

Reply #812773 | Report this post

Tas devil  
Years ago

I recon Stewie will get a crack at some stage but for the first couple seasons though they will want an experienced well known coach. it wouldn't surprise me if stewie was put on as an assistant or in a recruitment or development role were he could still coach the chargers in the off season it wouldn’t surprise me if a Shane heal or someone who was a well known player awas keen or even left field for a marketing point of view luc longley!

Reply #812778 | Report this post

Tas devil  
Years ago

Who are you hearing for the CEO bartlett? Or someone with nbl history

Reply #812782 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Liam Flynn is not leading candidate

Reply #812783 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Wouldn't surprise me if Joey gets a call. Now, cue haters diatribes.

Reply #812785 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

He's out of a job again. Lost his job overseas

Reply #812786 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Bartley got his own business going, can't see that happening, though he would be fantastic. Luke Longley would be fantastic with Stewart and Nash. Please no one like Heal, to much ego, need a all team first leader.
I’ve heard Craveli is going to be initially the gm to help set it up.

Reply #812794 | Report this post

Tas devil  
Years ago

What's cravelis history I don’t know to much about him ? Yeah I would love Bartlett I thought he would have been keen especially hearing him and Larry are pretty good friends

Reply #812797 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Cravelis has LK confidence, gets bagged a lot around this forum, I've always found him professional and pleasant in the times I’ve met him. It’s supposedly a temporary appointment while they get the permanent GM.

Reply #812814 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Bartlett has already ruled himself out. For those that can't spell it's Crivelli. THe above post is correct. Longley is now a Kings person. Flynn please no. Tassie needs to be an immediate success not have an already failed HC in Tasmania.

Reply #812818 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Shaun Dennis as coach?

Reply #812827 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Maybe they'll appoint two people, as joint head-coaches?

After all, two heads are better than one.

Reply #812834 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

SHAWN Dennis is pretty happy in Japan.

Reply #812855 | Report this post

BeeGee  
Years ago

Damian Martin

Reply #812871 | Report this post

LiamWHo?  
Years ago

Who is Liam Flynn? Nah just kidding , thanks Liam for the suggestion.. So over rated

Reply #812916 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Matt Nielsen - just throwing it out there

Reply #812919 | Report this post

Fairsy  
Years ago

I probably would go Bevo, you have to go with a proven track record in this league.

Reply #813465 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Appoint them NZNBL coach of the year. Brent someone.

Or Kevin Braswell.

Reply #813473 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

The CEO position is no longer listed so they must have filled this. Any ideas on who it might be?

Reply #814029 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Have heard criville is the one for the first couple seasons anyway

Reply #814194 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 6:34 am, Sat 27 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754