anonnbl
Years ago

Sam Froling Waratah League

Surprised to see a few names this past weekend in the Waratah League Sam Froling for Manly and few others Hickey at Inner West, Waratah League has picked up this year even though it could be due to Covid but nonetheless

Topic #47531 | Report this topic

Dave Q  
Years ago

I watched Norths absolutely hammer the Bulls. Poor old Craig Moller had a Barry Crocker. Nothing went right for him. Jordan Hunter had a good one.

Reply #815543 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Probably makes Manly favourites with Froling on board though north's will be a big chance too.

I watched the north’s v bulls as well, bulls are so bad. Moller looked like he was trying to hard with that useless lot around him, the block on Hunters jam was truly good. He still finish with 15p 16b and 7a in what was not his best performance. Hunter and Tommy Garlepp worked him over and Knight plan to jam the paint and let anyone but Moller shoot worked well. Hunter showing lots of promise though, north’s are still a very good Waratah team and well coached by Knight.

Manly v north’s would be a good GF with only central coast as the only other side that could upset the scenario. Kazoo coaching Central coast and doing very well.

Reply #815550 | Report this post

Nostraballmus  
Years ago

New(ington)castle may have something to say about that

Reply #815562 | Report this post

Coachgirl  
Years ago

With changes to Community Sport announced today, might not be a league anymore, which is a shame, but worth it if we can get back to more activity in coming months.

Reply #815564 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Kickert did not play against Norths not that may have made a difference.

Loaded Bulls not really doing the job.

Reply #815572 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Waratah likely to be cancelled tomorrow. Real shame if it happens.

Reply #815574 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Bulls loaded, lmao, other than Moller they are useless. Kickett has not played in weeks, he got out when he saw how the team went.

Reply #815575 | Report this post

anonnbl1  
Years ago

what happened to canberra all there games turned into auto forfeits

Reply #815577 | Report this post

anonnbl1  
Years ago

does seem to be a few chuckers playing in the waratah league especially looking at the stats and a lot of 35 min a game, no good rotations going on

Reply #815578 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Canberra withdrew both Men and Women from the comp due to Covid as a main reason.

Reply #815579 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Lastest message from NSW Health. Its over

https://www.health.nsw.gov.au/Infectious/covid-19/Pages/cho-advice-sports.aspx

Reply #815581 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

It doesn't say it’s over, not certain where you get that information from.

Reply #815584 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Its over, it reads

Cease activities that result in the mixing of participants and staff from different regions, for example by ceasing zone, regional or state championships or competitions*

*Examples of inter-regional mixing include activities which bring together participants (including spectators and officials) from organisations in different regions of Sydney, from a rural area into a metro area and vice versa, and movement between different rural areas​​​.​

Reply #815589 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Nothing on basketball nsw site. Very vague reference above.

Reply #815593 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

It's over why can’t you accept that

Reply #815595 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Because I've seen nothing that tells me it’s over.

Reply #815598 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Juniors at present, decision on Waratah tomorrow

Reply #815612 | Report this post

Coachgirl  
Years ago

This looks pretty clear. If you can't have comps which require people to travel to different parts of Sydney or in and out of Sydney it’s done. It’s a shame because clubs were trying so hard to follow guidelines, but there was a sense this season was never going to see a final series anyway.

Uncertainty has been awful. Better to call it and let people focus on future.

Reply #815619 | Report this post

Anon  
Years ago

At this stage it is a NSW Public Health recommendation only and can't be enforced. BNSW can still proceed with all their competitions if they believe their members and the wider community is not at risk.

Given the downward trend in numbers over the past few days and the fact there has been no documented transmission through community sport I can't see how they could cancel their competitions.

Reply #815620 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I'm sure they will do their own risk assessment and they would be very cautious about continuing against the recommendations. Especially if there is a community transmission from basketball in the future. That would not go well for BNSW

Reply #815622 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I imagine in a litigious society that if community sport did continue against the recommendations of NSW Health and there was definite proof of transmission of COVID cases through community sport. I would be sure that someone would attempt to set precedent.

Reply #815624 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

#620 because it's commonsense to follow the recommendations of NSW Public Health

Reply #815625 | Report this post

AngusH  
Years ago

Most organisations I'd wager are going above and beyond the public health recommendations for these very reasons. I know my organisation has hired third-party consultants to help here, and since the very beginning we have basically been one stage ahead of the current recommendations.

Reply #815628 | Report this post

Coachgirl  
Years ago

I think you'll find that a directive from NSW Health in this situation cannot be side stepped. The Chief Medical Officer can make an order and it is essentially law.
I’m not saying it’s justified, but can’t be ignored.

Reply #815632 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Maitland and Newcastle teams have withdrawn.

Reply #815823 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Heard a rumour that basketball was the only sport in NSW that wouldn't support the guidelines.

Tragic if true.

Reply #815826 | Report this post

Coachgirl  
Years ago

All junior country games cancelled.... all one weekend worth. Yet somehow Metro teams seem unaffected.

Reply #815841 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Metro juniors are just a big a shambles.

Have now been put into hubs for a 6 week period where you play teams in that hub.
Some areas have 3 or 4 Div 1 teams,others only have 2 and the rest are dive 2 and 3.

Apparently you are to play the teams in those hubs and then see from there.

If that is the way it is to happen then it is a joke.

there was a full round played yesterday and results still cannot get put up by the end of the day on there website.

Feel sorry for the country teams when they only play once a month and it was cancelled and then suppose to play a weekend tournament and the first one was cancelled this weekend just gone.

Seniors is getting less and less with Newcastle and Maitland pulling out last weekend to add to COE,Penrith,Comets pulled out before the restart and Canberra who pulled out a week ago.
Central Coast did not pull out as they have apparently been classified as a part of greater Sydney region.

Reply #815960 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Central coast spanked north's star side with kazoo taking the coaching honours with no name side.

Yes it’s a shambles but still better than nothing.

Reply #815966 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Wasn't a full round yesterday

Only some Hills v Penrith games and some Norths v Inner West with a smattering of others.

Sydney Comets in the same "hub" as Camden... doesn't make sense really but this is BNSW. So the cents count for more than sense.

Reply #815993 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Yes,there were some no games at Hills and I also heard Manly forfeited to Blacktown in ylm on saturday because they did not want Blacktown coming into their hub.

Reply #815998 | Report this post

Anon  
Years ago

I heard the reason for the Manly forfeit was they didn't have enough players available.

Reply #816020 | Report this post

Anon  
Years ago

In regards to MJL the allocation of the competition into hubs is far from ideal however it has been done in conjunction with discussions with NSW Health and the only way they were permitted to proceed.

A lot of people are complaining but isn't it better for the kids to play some basketball than nothing? What is the alternative?

Reply #816021 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

BNSW metro league gooooooooone

Reply #816144 | Report this post

JJ  
Years ago

Seniors next!!!!!!

Reply #816159 | Report this post

Dave Q  
Years ago

Sucks for the kids. I hope that a legit vaccine is found soon.

Reply #816184 | Report this post

anonnbl1  
Years ago

bizarre league is still running with 4 teams dropping out and those games turning into forfeits there is what 4 teams left this is fast turning into a joke may as well call the league off for this remainder of the season

Reply #816282 | Report this post

anonnbl1  
Years ago

everything cancelled but senior league (youth league and waratah men)

Any updates about the so called waratah 2 men tournament in october, assuming thats prob cancelled as that would join together rural teams with metro ones

Reply #816283 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

7 out of 10 teams left but it does all seem pointless. To many buys, bulls don't play for three weeks.

Reply #816290 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 12:10 am, Sat 27 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754