Hendo8888
Years ago

Jamie Pearlman named Lead Assistant Coach

The Adelaide 36ers are excited to announce the appointment of Jamie Pearlman as Lead Assistant Coach for the next two seasons.

Jamie joins the 36ers after two seasons as Head Coach of the Kuala Lumpur based Westports Malaysia Dragons in the ASEAN Basketball League (ABL).

https://www.adelaide36ers.com/news/adelaide-36ers-welcome-jamie-pearlman-as-lead-assistant-coach

Anyone know anything about him?

Topic #47532 | Report this topic

Anonymous  
Years ago

Had a wicked mud flap back in his playing days.

Reply #815548 | Report this post

Curtley  
Years ago

What's happened to Kevin Brooks?

Reply #815553 | Report this post

Master Chief  
Years ago

Curtley, just have gone in a different direction I would say. Probably not wise to have anyone from the previous year plus pretty standard for a new coach to bring in their own choice.

Felt a bit sorry for KB having been there for soo long and being a club legend but that's life.

Reply #815554 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Real bogan type so should fit in with the culture in Adelaide

Reply #815555 | Report this post

BG  
Years ago

Just checked KB's LinkedIn profile and looks like he finished up with the 6ers in April.

Reply #815556 | Report this post

LC  
Years ago

I reckon he could be a good pickup. Has past NBL playing experience and plenty of coaching experience since.

Reply #815557 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Adelaide will play much better defensively with there new selection of coaches as both have defensive back grounds. Offensively they look great. They will have good season with finals for certain.

Reply #815560 | Report this post

Sourbroker  
Years ago

Did my Level 2 under Jamie, genuine nice bloke who knows his hoops. Not sure where the Bogan belief extends from, likely some dark place...

Reply #815563 | Report this post

Ben  
Years ago

Pearlman did very well with Cairns' state league program before he left there. Based on what he did there, not surprised he's getting a bench gig.

Reply #815567 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I think the bogan belief comes from his look in 80/90s? with the mudflap haircut.

Reply #815569 | Report this post

Sourbroker  
Years ago

On that logic, half of the league were bogans.

Reply #815576 | Report this post

Zodiac  
Years ago

Interesting selection, Pearlman was being groomed as Fearne's successor at Cairns until they decided to go with Mike Kelly instead. He's always been considered a head coach in waiting so a bit of a coup by the Sixers not sure Henry would be all that happy with this appointment though.

Reply #815586 | Report this post

orbit  
Years ago

'not sure Henry would be all that happy with this appointment though.'

Surely Henry did the appointing? Or at least signed off on it?

Reply #815594 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

There would have been an application and interview process. In almost every scenario the head coach would be a huge factor in deciding his/her staff, even if they aren't that familiar with their work, that's what the interview is for. If they had just lumped Pearlman onto Henry with a view to him as a successor then you could see some friction.

Reply #815596 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I think you are overestimating the sophistication of the program there my friend.

Reply #815597 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Please tell us all seeing you think you know better.

Reply #815599 | Report this post

Zodiac  
Years ago

Surely Henry did the appointing? Or at least signed off on it?

I highly doubt it, ask yourself why? Pearlman has been viewed as a potential head coach for quite some time now he's not a Kevin Brooks for example (no threat to Joey). Why would Henry want an effective replacement for himself on the coaching staff if for example a big losing streak happens?

I suspect part of the conditions of Henry getting the HC job in the first place was that the club would pick it's own AC.

A coup for the Sixers landing Pearlman though let Henry do the job for now whilst Pearlman continues learning and then takes over in 2-3 years time.

Reply #815600 | Report this post

Zodiac  
Years ago

I've been a bit surprised by the club's decent offseason. Signing an experienced veteran head coach in Connor Henry, the likely future coach of the club in Pearlman, landing Humphries (links to Henry), the Pinder back up signing, a nice pick up in Sunday Dech and not to mention a vet NBA guard import and Josh Giddey as a Next Star.

JVG has already been more impressive in one offseason at the Sixers then he was in his 3 years at the Kings.

Reply #815601 | Report this post

KET  
Years ago

JVG has experience drawing talent in to teams. Fascinating to see how the 36ers click.

Looks to be a very even NBL roster wise at the moment with NZ probably a bit above the rest.

Reply #815602 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Yes JVG certainly looks like he's done well after his kings failures.

Reply #815603 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Yep the new coach on a multi year deal didn't sign off on his #1 assistant. Can you guys let me know where you get your drugs from because access must be easy and cheap.

Reply #815605 | Report this post

AreYaWinningSon?  
Years ago

"Real bogan type should fit Adelaide"

the definiton of a bogan is those from the Eastern states. You get a new kind of feral if you head to the slums of Victoria. What a dirty, filthy city. Imagine it without sport?

A toxic river, full of toxic people, concrete jungle. Depressing in winter. Shit beaches and Covid. Worst state in the country.

Reply #815611 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Settle down Trevor.

Reply #815616 | Report this post

proud  
Years ago

So what exactly are you saying ?

Reply #815617 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

What a poor attempt at click bait by areyouwinningson

Reply #815627 | Report this post

Sourbroker  
Years ago

I love Victoria and think Melbourne is a great city. Not sure why you think the people in Victoria are toxic.

Reply #815638 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Adelaide the city is great its the people living there that drag it down..

Reply #815643 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 4:12 am, Sat 27 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754