CP3
Siakam

Third team:
Simmons
Tatum
Butler
Gobert
Westbrook

Middleton polled more votes than Simmons or Westbrook, but missed out due to the position requirements. Giannis and LeBron were unanimous first-team selections.

Topic #47639 | Report this topic

Anonymous  
Years ago

Jokic is stiff not to be in the First Team

Reply #817401 | Report this post

Tjamu  
Years ago

the First Team always has a snub ALWAYS. Mainly due to the fact that its generally the 5 best players in the comp, so those guys slide up a position and usually leave a C or PF out of the mix. This year, the sacrificial lamb was Joker.

The Brad Beal snumb is pretty controversial. I mean, I love what CP3 has done with the Thunder and respect how hes gone about playing a part in helping the youngsters grow, whilst also still competing. but if were choosing a guy who averages something like 18-5-7 to be All-NBA because of the "hes won more games" over guys like Brad Beal (30-4-6 a night) or Trae Young (29-4-9), why was Kyle Lowry, who is posting 19-5-7.5 on a winning team not in, in place of Paul, given Toronto won more games and his stats are better than Paul's.

As said, I'm not knocking Paul or his skillset, im just struggling to find any consistency in how the voters think when they put the teams together.

Thoughts?

Reply #817402 | Report this post

Cornholio  
Years ago

Would swap Davis and Jokic.

Reply #817403 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Davis: 26/9/3. 27.5 PER. 62 games. 51/32/80 shooting. Lakers went 52-19.
Jokic: 20/10/7. 25 PER. 73 games. 52/34/83 shooting. Nuggets went 46-27.

Reply #817407 | Report this post

Tjamu  
Years ago

not to mention, further to Isaac's comment, though Jokic had numbers probably slightly superior to AD (well on the traditional P/R/A scale) Davis was first team all D, Jokic couldnt guard a chair with its legs kicked off

Reply #817410 | Report this post

Cram  
Years ago

Middleton missing out is really stupid. I'd have him over Westbrook for sure. Leaving him out because some listed him as a SF and some as a SG when those two positions are so interchangable is really, really poor.

Reply #817413 | Report this post

LV  
Years ago

I wonder how many Conference Finals there have been without anyone from ALL NBA 1st or 2nd team?

Reply #817429 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 8:50 am, Sat 27 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754