Aussie
Years ago

Adelaide 36ers v Brisbane Bullets Pre season games

Boy oh boy it's been a long off-season! Well the wait is almost over... we’re excited to announce that your Adelaide 36ers will be playing in front of crowds in Adelaide this November!

On Friday, 13 November we will take on our rivals the Brisbane Bullets in a pre-season match on Brett Maher Court at the Adelaide Entertainment Centre with tip-off at 7.00pm.

Tickets will go on sale, exclusively to members, on Monday, 26 October via Ticketek with members able to access half price tickets.

Members will be emailed Monday prior to tickets going on sale with when tickets will be available and details on how to purchase. Any remaining tickets will be released to the public on Tuesday, 27 October.

Seats will be issued on a first-in-best-dressed arrangement, with seats to be made available in a 'checkerboard’ formation. This means the seats either side of you must remain vacant. COVID-19 restrictions allow for just under 5,000 fans to attend, so we encourage you to get in quick to avoid disappointment.

Then on Sunday, 15 November, we will suit up to take on the Bullets again, this time at Titanium Security Arena with tip-off at 1.30pm.

Members also qualify for half price tickets to this game which will be available via Ticketmaster. We will advise you directly of the process to access tickets to this game once finalised. Capacity will be capped at 50% and seating will again be in a ‘checkerboard’ formation, issued on a first-in-best-dressed basis.

Given the length of time since we last played, and limited seating capacities we are expecting strong demand for these games and are thrilled to be the first club in the NBL to be hosting practice matches ahead of the NBL21 season.

Please keep an eye on our website and social media for more information on these games and another event we hope to announce very soon.

As always, please feel comfortable going direct to our CEO Ben Kavenagh [email protected] or GM of Basketball Jeff Van Groningen [email protected] with any questions, comments or concerns whatsoever.

Until next week, stay safe and go Sixers!

Topic #47709 | Report this topic

Anonymous  
Years ago

I thought the season wasnt starting until Jan? Thats a long pre-season..?

Reply #819534 | Report this post

KET  
Years ago

How many free tix are they giving away to find 5000 people to attend?

I imagine they'll be lucky to get 1000 people to pay

Reply #819535 | Report this post

Camel 31  
Years ago

For me, I'd go to Titanium stadium. Why I live next door...

Reply #819536 | Report this post

Aussie  
Years ago

How many free tix are they giving away to find 5000 people to attend?

I imagine they'll be lucky to get 1000 people to pay

Why do you think that?

Reply #819538 | Report this post

KET  
Years ago

History

Reply #819539 | Report this post

koberulz  
Years ago

History of what?

This is the longest break between NBL games in over 30 years. These are potentially the only Adelaide 36ers games to be played in Adelaide for this season.

There's no precedent for this.

Reply #819542 | Report this post

Zodiac  
Years ago

I know 36ers pre-season games are usually poorly attended but I could see at least one of these two 'selling out'. There's still a possibility this season won't go ahead so these could be the Sixers only home games until late next year.

Starved basketball fans and the possible novelty factor should see at least the first game well attended.

Reply #819543 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Zodiac it may not look like normal but there will be a season

Reply #819545 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Are all the players for both teams here or will it be a glorified DP game.

Reply #819546 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Great to see some games going on!

Reply #819549 | Report this post

KET  
Years ago

"History of what?“

Time, usually.

Reply #819554 | Report this post

Ben  
Years ago

Adelaide vs Adelaide Old Boys, cool :)

Reply #819557 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

So the imports are all here? I doubt that. 5000 people. Deluded.

Reply #819561 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

It's good that they can get just under 5,000 there, not ideal but decent enough crowd.

Reply #819563 | Report this post

Big Ads  
Years ago

You could have referenced the 6300 people who went to the Adelaide v Melbourne United pre-season game last year.

The Sixers did offer a 2 for 1 deal so it is reasonable to deduce some 2500-3000 tickets were purchased.

Of course there was the novelty factor (1st game at AEC) but this (and the following Sunday game) may be the only opportunity to see another live NBL game (albeit preseason) this calendar year. That may attract a max crowd (5000) too.

Reply #819565 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

#561 what's with the hate? What does it achieve? Adelaide get 2 pre-season games against an NBL opponent with the possibility of 5000 spectators. Everyone wants the league to get going and this is the first step. Adelaide and Brisbane should be applauded for getting the ball rolling.

Reply #819566 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

^^ couldn't agree more!

Reply #819571 | Report this post

Perthworld  
Years ago

Hopefully there is streaming. We the people need some NBL action in our lives.

Reply #819573 | Report this post

KET  
Years ago

Keen as for 36ers v 36ers

Reply #819574 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

PW you would think the NBL would do everything in it's power to get this streamed

Reply #819575 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Will we expect to see full squad ,import Sloan as well ?

Reply #819671 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Has any other teams announced a pre-season game yet?

Reply #819723 | Report this post

ME  
Years ago

I bought tickets but for some reason they've only put me down as one ticket when I paid for two.Can;t get in contact with Ticketek, heard nothing back from the 36ers facebook. Really sucks.

Reply #819730 | Report this post

Camel 31  
Years ago

A cuppla days ago, I heard Humphries talking to Smyth and Curtin (tvch44)
He said everybody was here training, but not Sloan

(Perhaps Sloan will be here in a little while)

Reply #819745 | Report this post

RG  
Years ago

Has anyone been able to download their "mobile ticket" from Ticketek yet?
I bought 2 tickets yesterday and received the SMS with a link to our tickets but the link still says "Please check back later". Anyone know when the tickets will be available to download?

Reply #819781 | Report this post

KET  
Years ago

Really hope they stream this, would love to watch from Melbourne

Reply #819789 | Report this post

Hendo8888  
Years ago

Did we end up/are we planning on signing someone to replace Kyei?

Reply #819893 | Report this post

Camel 31  
Years ago

We planning on Scotty Hopson.. Last night on Ch9 TV News..
NBL to watch these games to get an idea on the Season. Crowd numbers, perhaps a hub, maybe in South Australia. Our Coach was sayen..

Reply #820404 | Report this post

KET  
Years ago

They unashamedly said they want a Hopson type....one wonders whether they have the money to pull that off versus your Melbourne's, SEMs etc

If 36ers managed Hopson, they would rocket up to top contention.

Reply #820405 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Kyei went straight to Sydney, clearly looking at him for next year.

Reply #820406 | Report this post

Camel 31  
Years ago

That was JVG on TV News, last night.
The Americans are very interested in a game with a crowd, an audience, he told us

Reply #820962 | Report this post

KET  
Years ago

The Americans?

As in new part-owners? Import(s)?

Reply #820963 | Report this post

Camel 31  
Years ago

I think he meant all involved in the game of Basketball. To see a game with a crowd, how it works

Reply #820964 | Report this post

Perthworld  
Years ago

Will there be a stream?

Reply #820997 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 2:10 am, Sat 27 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754