NBL MAN
Years ago

SEM Phoenix Complete Roster signing

SEM Sign Keifer Sykes
A great signing at the one PG position
The 26-year-old Chicago native has played for a number of clubs across the world - most recently at EuroLeague giants Panathinaikos – since finishing a stellar college career at Green Bay.

He's also represented Cleveland, Golden State and Denver at the NBA Summer League, and the Austin Spurs in the NBA G-League.

Sykes won two Horizon League Player of the Year awards at college, has led the Turkish Basketball League in scoring, and averaged over 28 points in China.

Topic #47861 | Report this topic

NBL MAN  
Years ago

Sykes/Adnam/Le'afa (DP
Glidon/ Gibson
Te Rangi / Stephens
Creek / Wetzell
Moore/ Pineau

Reply #823929 | Report this post

NBL MAN  
Years ago

oh and tristian forysth ( dp)

Reply #823930 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Great signing! Phoenix are looking pretty good. Sykes & Gliddon an upgrade on Robinson & Madgen in terms of decision making down the stretch, which was what cost them on multiple occasions

Reply #823931 | Report this post

NBL MAN  
Years ago

Sykes may be short but has a lethal vertical

Reply #823932 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

A player straight from the Euroleague! NBL on the rise.

Reply #823933 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Look at the anon saying he's an upgrade on Robinson. LOL this guy is a showpony and nothing else. SEM looking just as bad as Brisbane.

Reply #823934 | Report this post

Mo  
Years ago

Depth is a serious concern. On paper the bench looks seriously thin.

Reply #823935 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

PG Sykes(I) / Adnam
CG Gibson / Leafa(d)
SG Gliddon
G/F TeRangi / Stephens
PF Mckay(d)
PF/C Moore(I) / Wetzell / Forsyth(d)
C Pineau

CG Hickey?

Reply #823936 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Bench is meh. Stephens is like a poor man's Blanchfield, Gibbo is solid as always, Adnam has improved bigtime but he's always a worry come crunch time, Pineau gives you no outside scoring and is one dimensional and Te Rangi is just aweful.

Tbh think #935 is correct. Depth is an issue.

Reply #823937 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Whoops...

PG Sykes(I) / Adnam
CG Gibson / Leafa(d)
SG Gliddon
G/F TeRangi / Stephens
CF Creek
PF Mckay(d)
PF/C Moore(I) / Wetzell / Forsyth(d)
C Pineau

Reply #823938 | Report this post

Anon  
Years ago

Hickey ain't signed yet as dp. But Anon are you okay man. They aren't looking bad at all. Mo how are they looking thin off the bench. If you can Have a guy like Yanni and Pineau coming of bench that's a fkn good thing

Reply #823939 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Yani is like recruiting an NBL1 star, he isn't that good... Pineau on the floor for too long is a liability.

Reply #823941 | Report this post

Anon  
Years ago

Um they will start Ben Moore unless he becomes like Keith Benson... Yanni is about to prove you wrong ... ahah

Reply #823942 | Report this post

ME (he/kangaroo)  
Years ago

Apparently they threw big money at Yanni. He looks like an interesting prospect from the highlight videos but I can't read too much into that. I don't think SEM are going to necessarily be all that good - their bench is straight anus. But this is a very good signing and yet another feather in the NBL's cap to get a guy straight from Euroleague. The import crop is looking as good as it ever has.

Reply #823949 | Report this post

Senator11  
Years ago

What's this guys past numbers like?

Reply #823957 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Terangi was 6th man of the year season before last and then strangely could not hit the court last season. Adnam had a great season. Gibson as mentioned is always solid. Plus either Pineau or Wetzell, only weak link might be Stephen's, but 2nd year as a pro in our league, so who knows?

Reply #823961 | Report this post

AngusH  
Years ago

I'd feel better about SEM if Te Rangi was backing up the 3/4 rather than starting at the 3. I mean, they look *OK* assuming Gliddon and Te Rangi can bounce back after disappointing seasons, but comparing with the other opening rosters it's hard to see them as being in the top 4 conversation unless Sykes turns out to be the best import in the league.

Reply #823982 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I'd think about going with this depending on how Moore and Wetzell go
Sykes/Adnam
Gliddon/Gibson
Creek/Stephens
Wetzell/Te Rangi
Moore/Pineau

But will likely be
Sykes/Adnam
Gliddon/Gibson
Te Rangi/Stephens
Creek/Wetzell
Moore/Pineau

The bench looks a lot better than last year Wetzell/Te Rangi will be an upgrade on Trist and Pineau moving to the bench will help. Sykes is better than Roberson based on what I’ve seen - has played euroleague and dominated in China/Turkey.
Keys will be how Gliddon and Te Rangi bounce back after having undefined roles last year in Brisbane and limited opportunity. Gliddon should bring more than Madgen last year.

Reply #823997 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

This guy can play. Better than Roberson, who at times could be one dimensional and it didn't attack the basket enough. But SEM don’t have enough depth. Over the course of the season will struggle to be higher than 6.

Reply #824037 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

These NBL roster look bloody terrible this year....weakest year of the "New NBL" by far

Reply #824091 | Report this post

Anon  
Years ago

R u crazy or high the talent his year is decent for a covid situation. have you lost your marbles

Reply #824096 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

#096 please ignore #091 he is clearly just a troll

Reply #824098 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Talent level looks amazing, can't wait for tip off.

Reply #824100 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 7:47 pm, Fri 26 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754