Isaac
Years ago

Prospect of Harden-Simmons trade

Podcast chatter about a hypothetical Harden-Simmons deal. If you're the 76ers, do you do it? Does it make any sense for Houston?

Certainly seems from recent days that Harden is phoning it in and trying to force a trade.

Topic #47869 | Report this topic

Anonymous  
Years ago

Good deal for Houston if happening, it looks like they are trying for team oriented players first.

Reply #824202 | Report this post

Craig  
Years ago

Good for Houston? they just signed John Wall so adding Ben Simmons doesnt make sense to me. On top of that pretty sure the Sixers have said no to any deals involving Embiid and/or Simmons.

Doc will want to see what he can do with the team he has before they would look at breaking the pair up. They have added shooting this offseason in Green and Curry and memory serving correctly when they had that shooter on the floor in the past (Redick) they were a much better team than what they put on the floor last season.

Reply #824205 | Report this post

Cram  
Years ago

Yeah I can't see the Sixers doing anything now that they've got a new doach/gm partnership as well as remaking the team to suit the two stars. At worst they'd do it by the trade deadline if it is going poorly, but i think this version of the 76ers will be given at least one full season to work.

On the flip side, as mentioned above, a Wall-Simmons pairing makes zero sense.

Reply #824206 | Report this post

LoveBroker  
Years ago

If I'm Daryl Morey I have spent enough time with Harden to know at season's end there tends to be a drop in output / efficiency.

Do I want this again?

Yes Simmons can get injured and exposed as a non-shooter, but he does much more.

Reply #824212 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Unless Simmons switches to power forward at Houston.

Reply #824215 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Harden is way better then Simmons

Reply #824222 | Report this post

Rock8  
Years ago

I reckon it will be a 3 way trade.
Rockets will get-Wiseman/Wiggins/GSW 1st 2 rounders 2021/76ers 1st (as kings as it's not 20-21)
Warriors get- Simmons/PJ Tucker
76ers- Harden

Too me that works for all sides

Reply #824227 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Harden is a top 5 players Rockets would want way more then that in return.

Reply #824243 | Report this post

Beantown  
Years ago

Rock8, that might not be quite enough for Harden BUT I love the outcome for Simmons! Would be awesome for him to be the new, improved Draymond in GSW!

Reply #824250 | Report this post

joshuapending  
Years ago

It makes sense for the Sixers. You would think they would want to see how the new system works before they do the trade though. Personally I hope they don't do the trade though.

Reply #824251 | Report this post

orbit  
Years ago

Trading a 24 YO playmaker 6ft 10 point guard, great facillitator, defender & rebounder for a 32 YO scorer? Not happening!

If Morey can get Harden with Harris contract, some other pieces & draft picks that's the only way this is happening & it would be a stroke of genius!

Only fools would trade Ben in his prime.

Reply #824253 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Simmons is terrible. The guy literally has no offensive game. The Rockets would be brain dead to trade a guy who was probably hungover drop 44 points 17 assists

Reply #826048 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Morey has been fined $50K for tampering by the NBA, in relation to a tweet he made about James harden.

Reply #826135 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 1:24 pm, Fri 26 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754