Anonymous
Years ago

Imports Nbl Central

Noticed that Centrals signed a guy that played in WA and Woodville a guy from Darwin. With a lot of Americans staying here, will that create a gap between those clubs and all local teams, and any chance overseas players will come?

Topic #47925 | Report this topic

Anonymous  
Years ago

Maharaj is not an import lol

Reply #825929 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

So Centrals will have imports as well? They will be top 5.

Reply #825936 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

How many other teams will run with 2 imports? Forestville will and I'm hearing South are spending up big along with Norwood.

Any team with 2 imports would want to be making top 5.

Reply #825955 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I'm sure plenty would like to run with two but getting them into the country is the hard part

Reply #825956 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

What about the ones already here? Will they be allowed to play?

Reply #825961 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Yep those here can play

Reply #825963 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Looks like Woodville have grabbed someone from Darwin.

Reply #825965 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

The cost is significant. One would want to ask why clubs who were struggling financially continue to overspend

Reply #825972 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Like which clubs?

Reply #825974 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Once again the uneducated thinking imports are expensive , 36ers that play cost more , way more

Reply #825985 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

That is so far from correct.

Reply #825992 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

So dowdell or Rios would cost more than McVeigh or Teys?

Reply #825994 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Every case is different but total cost of an import on average is more than a 36er

Reply #825995 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Which clubs? I would start by looking at those who asked for more or something different from juniors to survive COVID

Reply #825996 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

List the 36ers that play in nbl1 central over the years that have cost less than an import

McVeigh no
Gibson no
DJ no
Teys no
Doyle no
Drimic no

DP players prob yes

You can have an import on a work holiday visa that pays his own visa and flight and gets a day job , cost the 1000 for licenses and that's it

Reply #826000 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

So Turnage and Starling and Mays play for nothing?

Reply #826025 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I think the point is not all imports are expensive , those 3 would be on good money

Reply #826027 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

F/ville has a player who is not an import and not a 36er who was on 10k+

Reply #826031 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Isn't it around 3 grand for medi hotel for each player? Add that to flights, a lot more expensive.

Reply #826032 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

That's why Woodville and central’s signed players already inside Australia , no flights of hotels ,

There are imports offering to pay medi hotel if they can get travel exemptions ,

Reply #826034 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Centrals don't have any imports?

Reply #826041 | Report this post

Tjamu  
Years ago

speaking of Rios, is he a naturalised Aussie yet? Swear hes been playing here for a decade. Dowdell in his 3-4th year too. those guys wouldnt be commanding top dollar and would no doubt be here for the lifestyle. You dont come back for a second year let alone a 47th like they have if youre here for money, cos the money is elsewhere.

Reply #826146 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Heard Rios is after permanent residency, would have to be 10+ years now playing in the league with Forestville and a year with Mavs.

Doesn't get paid to play as such, gets full time work through a club sponsor which keeps him in Adelaide.

Reply #826148 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Wow, Cheatgles finding another way to assumedly twist rules.

Reply #826166 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Surely he wouldn't work for a club sponsor and breach the conditions of his 408 visa

Reply #826170 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Surely they couldn't get an NBL starter to start games then sub off after 5 seconds to qualify for finals.
There'll be some bylaw theyll pull out.

Reply #826171 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Oh so they have rules that are applicable?

Reply #826187 | Report this post

Jock  
Years ago

Doesn't matter what import Woodville attract, they'll never win a championship under the current regime. Whitmore is a Muppet and has limited tricks in his coaching bag!

Reply #827229 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Jock, I think you should tell us your real name so we can all bow down to your greatness. You're spending a lot of time on this forum taking potshots at others.

You sound like a real winner.

Reply #827241 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

They let Jock on the bourbon, ginger and lime at the retirement village every 3-4 months and then his carers manage to pay his Optus bill.

Don't worry, either he will run out of bourbon soon or they won't pay his phone bill again and he will crawl back into his cave for a few months.

Reply #827247 | Report this post

Jock  
Years ago

Hey #241 and #247 did I hit a nerve?
You must be a Muppet fan.
If I was on the Bourbon, then I wouldn't be making sense. I'm entitled to an opinion, just like you boof-heads.
And you ask me to reveal my name when you both remain anonymous - LOL.

Reply #827281 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Alex Starling announced at South

Reply #827282 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Jock, that's the problem. You're not making sense, just taking shots at people.

What a fun guy you must be.

Reply #827297 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

End of the day Jock it's the players that win the games by putting the ball in the hoop. You obviously have something against Whitmore. Woodville have a pretty strong line up that can do the job. Yes you can have an opinion but don’t get rude. Sounds like you or someone you know got fired lol

Reply #835560 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Has The Queensland government decided if they will allow imports into Australia through Brisbane?

Reply #838606 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 6:55 pm, Tue 19 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754