Green
Maker
Magnay
Landale
Bolden

Topic #47936 | Report this topic

Anonymous  
Years ago

How many more threads do we need for the same topic?

Reply #826241 | Report this post

KET  
Years ago

Where's Teys

Reply #826242 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

We need a 24 player showcase before Tokyo. 2 teams of 12

Reply #826243 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Exactly close thread.

Reply #826244 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Thybullee is hardly playing, Maker isn't playing but yes let’s pick them.

Reply #826247 | Report this post

Musk  
Years ago

I think the most interesting thing perhaps for this side will be what will our big man rotation will look like now that we won't have bogut. Even if we have Simmons at the 4 we’ll still take 4 bigs likely which definitely consist of baynes and landale, so the other 2 spots would be between Kay, Maker, Bolden, Motum, Magnay and Humphries but who knows as Goorj may want to play smaller than lemanis did, will be very interesting to see how it all folds out

Reply #826252 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Simmons won't be playing the 4. Dude you are clueless aren’t you?

Reply #826254 | Report this post

Musk  
Years ago

@anon you must pretty clueless yourself when he's played the 4 before so there’s a chance he could do so again, what a novel concept, not to mention I said "if"

Reply #826256 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Simmons has played 4 as a playmaker before. Guess #254 still has his price tag on his LeBron jersey. Idiot.

Reply #826265 | Report this post

Shano76  
Years ago

How funny do people that put Teys up in MVP, Boomers etc. not original, not funny.
Also, love or hate the guy, he has carved out a more successful career than most of us posters. I think he deserves more respect. But that's just me.

Reply #826275 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Fat Turd Harry frolling

Reply #826280 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Yes numerous boomers threads but #241 and #280 are morons who don't need to participate.

Reply #826294 | Report this post

ME (he/kangaroo)  
Years ago

The squads people name are kind of "obvious" and consist of whoever the best players are at each position. But an actual professional coach isn't going to be so cut and dry about it. They'll select the best possible core then find the pieces that compliment those guys to slot around them, and they may not necessarily be the next 4 best players in those positions. That's just the way it is.

Reply #826296 | Report this post

D2.0  
Years ago

What did he mean when he said that he wanted Bogut with him? Does he mean as an assistant?
Or just as an Ass?
Has Bogut shown any interest in coaching?

We need the next gen of leaders to step up, and I'm not sure that having Bogut there, as nothing more than a human bullhorn, will help that.

As for the makeup of the team, arguing and insulting over specifics is pointless. The squad will, as always, be dictated by availability.
Individuals will be slotted according to ability, flexibility, and the coach's strategy.

As for Simmons, assuming he's available, then yes it will be interesting to see how Goorj plans to use him. He's an unconventional player, who could be used in a variety of unconventional roles.

Reply #826615 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

As mentioned earlier you need a deep pool to choose from.
In an ideal world you want NBA players first and foremost then Euro players and lastly nbl and college guys.

I personally believe 11/12 men should be given to young guys who are future of team eg Giddey. Stop giving spots to guys like Thon Maker who has probably already hit his career peak.

Reply #826618 | Report this post

proud  
Years ago

I want to see Deng Adel have a bloody good season and show his worth to Goorjian but would that still be enough to select him?

Reply #826981 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Only Ingles is a lock at SF.
That backup spot is up for grabs ..Broekhoff, Adel, Thybulle and maybe Josh Green who is a 2/3 all going for that backup spot.

Reply #827011 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

The imbeciles who complain about excessive boomer threads don't actually contribute anything to this forum ... they just whingesabout.

Reply #827012 | Report this post

Musk  
Years ago

Says the guy who just had a whinge

Reply #827678 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 2:03 am, Sat 27 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754