Zodiac
Years ago

Dante Exum Injured Again

Dante Exum's torrid injury run has continued, with the 25-year-old suffering a lower leg injury during Tuesday's (AEDT) clash against the Orlando Magic.

Exum limped from the court in the opening minute of the Cavaliers' clash with the Magic after hurting his right leg. There were fears the Australian may have suffered an Achilles injury but Cavs' media staff said the early prognosis was a calf issue.

https://www.espn.com.au/nba/story/_/id/30652596/nba-cleveland-cavaliers-dante-exum-injured-orlando-magic

Topic #47945 | Report this topic

Anonymous  
Years ago

Might be easier to do a thread to let us know he is healthy Zodiac.

Reply #826662 | Report this post

Joshuapending  
Years ago

It really looked like an Achilles, he did the classic look back to see what happened before hitting the deck. So sad it actually looked like they coming to give him some court time as well.

Reply #826667 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

He was starting and looked a good team peace, very unfortunate if it's a Achilles. Had great management to get him to nba a some nice pay days but no luck what so ever since.

Reply #826671 | Report this post

Tjamu  
Years ago

I know it sounds bad, but he probably should consider playing at a lower level. His body clearly cant hack it. I'm surprised hes lasted this long, given he had played no where enar as much as the kids in the US did over the years and was scouted innacurately (against Aussie kids) and somehow went 5th overall.

If a team wants to keep paying him, power to him.. but yeah, pretty clear to see, he is not at an NBA level of athlete and never was

Reply #826680 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

1-2 weeks with Calf injury

Reply #826685 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

sorry Months

Reply #826686 | Report this post

joshuapending  
Years ago

Sad but really best case given what it could have been.

Reply #826687 | Report this post

Cram  
Years ago

I still hold out hope. He's still relatively young. Shaun Livingston went through similar issues through his first 10 years as a pro but finally got his body right by age 28 and became a valuable role player.

Dante can still do it, if he wants to.

He won't get any more big deals for sure, but as a buy-low candidate on a minimum contract he'll get offers for sure.

Reply #826688 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

NBL bound soon....

Reply #826692 | Report this post

Cram  
Years ago

Doubt it

Reply #826694 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Would a college career have conditioned his body more for the rigours of the NBA?

Reply #826702 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

He was a bench sitter for vic metro, anything probably would have toughened him up, but he might not have got the big pay checks. Well done to him and his management.

Reply #826705 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Lot of hate on the kid in this thread but if anyone has actually watched the Cavs this year he's been contributing to that team something that none of their other wings can... Defense

That alone will continue to get him jobs in the NBA regardless of his health.

Reply #826709 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

705 a disgruntled Vic parent?
Bench sitter?

All start five at world champs....

Reply #826714 | Report this post

LoveBroker  
Years ago

Terrible news...wish his all the best in his recovery.

I was really looking forward to seeing what he could do with a fresh start.

Reply #826720 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

College career would have ended his nba dream as he would have been found out earlier!

Reply #826739 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Didn't Dante’s dad getting dunked on by Andrew Gaze

Reply #826740 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

So many haters. Wow. Someone bringing up Vic Metro days sounds totally desperate and stuck in the past. Who the hell cares about vic metro days?!

Anyway, all the best to him!

Reply #826742 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

No where near what Livingstons injury was, can't even watch it. Exum has nba level athleticism, just not elite talent. Had one good tournament then shut it down. Maybe if he went to college it could have helped, on other hand it could have exposed him. Purely business decision to lock him away as mystery man in draft. IMO, Cavs trying low risk, high reward on a rebuilding team with a guy that's shown glimpses but injury prone. Can't see him getting another decent contract, especially if athleticism diminishes with age and injuries.

Reply #826746 | Report this post

Doggr  
Years ago

A lot of dopes on here with sweet f all idea. Dante will be back as he's very athletic. And to the vic metro tosser comment did your son get dunked on

Reply #826752 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

And what makes you the expert Doggr? Facts are based on his nba career is he's had some highlights but looks never to become close to a star or anything more than a role player. What are your facts?

Reply #826758 | Report this post

Doggr  
Years ago

758 Not sure which keyboard warrior anonymous you are. How about introducing yourself with a permanent username that way we can discuss things accordingly

Reply #826759 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

What's the difference between anonymous and a pseudonym like Doggr. Call me Doggr2 if you want. Anyway, answer the question genius. Or is your real name Cecil and you don't want people dumping on you about getting dunked on by Gaze.

Reply #826773 | Report this post

Cram  
Years ago

"...or anything more than a role player..."

Oh no, the shame of being a role player in the NBA. Something that only a couple of dozen Australian men have ever achieved. But sure, keep trashing the kid.

Reply #826775 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I'm not certain punters are trashing him, but are just telling the history. He was a number 5 pick, got picked up on very little previous form. As others have said good luck to him and his management for what they achieved. He still has time but it’s getting less to prove he is a 5 pick.

Reply #826778 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Wasn't trashing him calling him a role player, apart from a couple of guys on each team, all the others are role players and some get paid very well and are extremely valuable. Was saying he isn't going to be a star like some thought.

Reply #826784 | Report this post

Cram  
Years ago

When was the last time anybody talked about him being a star?

He was drafted 7 years ago and got role player money in his last contract and has been traded (along with draft assets) for another role player. Literally nobody expects him to be a star anymore (and hasn't for some time). Bringing up his draft position every time he has a set back as if it is still relevant is pointless and wears thin.

If he can ever stay healthy, he'll be a good role player at NBA level.

Reply #826785 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Pick 5 are expected to be stars, he hasn't achieved that, still time though. If been a late second round pick he’d have been cut years ago, I’d say that’s why it get mentioned.
Didi from the kings is an example, he’s still battling in nbl, they are very similar players.

Reply #826789 | Report this post

Doggr  
Years ago

So some factual evidence for anonymous Dante is playing in the best league in the world and playing minutes. Did your son get schooled by Dante?

Reply #826793 | Report this post

Cram  
Years ago

Ah yes, like noted star #5 picks from the years either side of him: Alex Len, Thomas Robinson, Mario Hezonja, Kris Dunn. Are we still waiting on them to become stars and bringing up their draft position if they get injured? Did they all have management "hide" them too? No? Interesting.

Or could we, say, just accept that the drafting process involves quite a lot of guess work and that lots of players drafted highly simply end up as role players.

Reply #826796 | Report this post

Zodiac  
Years ago

Exactly. A lot of people get sucked into thinking NBA scouts/teams know what they're doing when it comes to drafting players but in reality they're only slightly better informed than fans otherwise guys like Kwame Brown or Anthony Bennett wouldn't have been #1 picks let alone #5 like Exum.

Reply #826809 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Regardless of nationality let's all agree the draft truly is hit and miss.
In a 2016 redraft I'm sure Maker wouldn't be a first rounder.

Reply #826811 | Report this post

Hk  
Years ago

The hate on here is an absolute joke just quietly. I hope he returns quickly because it does look like time may be starting to run thin at NBA level for him if he can't strung a decent chunk of the year on the floor. It’s fair to say he his output has been under what was hyped about him but let’s get behind the kid instead of trying to fulfil visions of grandeur about being a tough guy one day... only behind a keyboard...

Reply #826860 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

^^ hear hear Hk

Reply #826863 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Talk about hate then describes time is running thin for Exum. That's what most others are commenting on dummy.

Reply #826873 | Report this post

anonymous  
Years ago

Putting aside all this hate etc, has there been an update on his injury? Calf? Achilles?

Reply #826877 | Report this post

AngusH  
Years ago

"What's the difference between anonymous and a pseudonym like Doggr."

The difference is when I see a pseudonym post horse shit, I know how much stock to put in anything they say going forward. When an anonymous user posts anything, I just assume its going to be horse shit until proven otherwise.

Reply #826880 | Report this post

Zodiac  
Years ago

Just ignore anon's anyone who lacks the decency to create a name/ID isn't worth talking to. Why Isaac hasn't cut out this anon posting BS boggles the mind it's destroying this board.

Reply #826905 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

There have been and still are a few posters with names that aren't good either.
Overall standards have dropped.

Not you though Zodiac.

Reply #826907 | Report this post

Cram  
Years ago

I can understand why some people post anonymously here as there can be some incessant abuse to people with IDs, but that abuse usually comes from those who are also anonymous

Reply #826919 | Report this post

Doggr  
Years ago

Horse shit aside what's your injury speculation then champ. Don’t want to distract too much from OP post

Reply #826929 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Calling other people horseshit.... think Angus has tickets on himself

Reply #826931 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Lesson learnt scroll past Angus posts.

Reply #826932 | Report this post

AngusH  
Years ago

"Calling other people horseshit.... think Angus has tickets on himself"

Not quite. Try reading it again. If I were to say, for example, "anon #931's reading comprehension skills are horse shit", I wouldn't be saying anon 931 him/herself is horse shit, just that one particular attribute.

Reply #827058 | Report this post

Musk  
Years ago

Typical hate from clueless morons who have something against those who've made it to the big show (typically anons too), exum has had some really good games so I think he can bounce back, the guy is still quite young still so plenty of time to bounce back, just hope he can get over these injuries and bounce back

Reply #827680 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Musk should post as an anon.

Reply #827700 | Report this post

Musk  
Years ago

Anon 700, you should inform us of how lemanis tastes and feels

Reply #827759 | Report this post

Musk  
Years ago

I'm sorry for my childish comments.

Reply #827761 | Report this post

Musk  
Years ago

Either hoops doesn't like me putting clowns in there place or there’s some fool trying to imitate me ;)

Reply #827764 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Musk putting fools in their place.
Lol.

Reply #827766 | Report this post

Getting paid to sit around.

Reply #828242 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 12:13 am, Sat 11 May 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754