Jack Toft
Years ago

Adelaide v Sydney Jan 30

Sydney are ravaged by injuries at the moment. If you're a keen basketballer going to this game, may I suggest packing your boots just in case the announcement comes over the PA "attention all fans, due to another Kings injury during warmup, is there anyone who wants a game?" if you can catch a ball you might be in luck. Adam Forde might even ask Connor Henry if one of the DP's would mind wearing a Kings jersey. Has any NBL team ever forfeited a game because of lack of players? Perhaps watch out for the AEC curry just in case...."substitution Kings... and he has gone straight down the race"

Adelaide starting to come good and home court games have seem them 3 and 2. Humphries is owning the key and he is what the Sixers have been missing for some time. A presence around the key. I presume Connor Henry signs him in and out of his cage on game nights and periodically pushes a wildebeest carcass for him to feed on during the week. He has been slapping away balls like a volleyball spiker. Not surprisingly he is #1 blocker in league.

You would think I would make a tip, but my tips have been the Kiss of Death so I won't tip Adelaide...

Topic #48031 | Report this topic

KET  
Years ago

It's not you Jack, NBL is a league of surprises

With that in mind, Kings by 6

Reply #830090 | Report this post

KET  
Years ago

" Has any NBL team ever forfeited a game because of lack of players?"

Reminds me of Portland, even their coaches were out due to injury incurred in practice as they needed to fill in due to lack of players through injury....

Reply #830091 | Report this post

KET  
Years ago

Blast from the past moment (2009)
"PORTLAND, Ore. -- Portland Trail Blazers coach Nate McMillan ruptured his right Achilles tendon during practice Friday and will need surgery.

McMillan will coach Saturday night's game against Houston, but he will miss next week's four-game road trip.

The Blazers say McMillan will have surgery on Monday.

Assistant coach Dean Demopoulos will take McMillan's place starting Monday in New York"

Reply #830092 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Kings will compete and if they can stay out foul trouble put up a good display, they can't win though. Humphries will make Martin work around the basket wishing he’d be back in the g league.

Adelaide by 9.

Reply #830096 | Report this post

Zodiac  
Years ago

LV, that happened in the NBL in 2011 when Matt Flinn then an assistant coach had to play in a game for the Hawks due to having so many out, coming out of retirement after 16 years.

Cooks, Louzada, Kickert, Glover all out for the Kings which probably means the Sixers will find a way to lose but I think they'll just get over the line.

Sixers by 3

Reply #830100 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I would be surprised if Adelaide didn't win this game.

Reply #830101 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Adelaide easily. Kings are a mess.

Reply #830145 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Kings a mess? Lost two games by 1 point and 3 points?

Reply #830147 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Kings are just favourites $1.85 Vs Adel $190.

Reply #830161 | Report this post

Zodiac  
Years ago

No way should Kings be favourites tonight.

Reply #830164 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Kings have no chance. Sixers are the real deal believer

Reply #830203 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

40 - 29 enough said... Sixers are seriously impressive.

Reply #830204 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

It'll be 70, coach Forde looking out of his depth, most players gone backwards. Martin can’t defend a bar stool. The subbing is ridiculous.

Reply #830205 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

It'll be 70, coach Forde looking out of his depth, most players gone backwards. Martin can’t defend a bar stool. The subbing is ridiculous.

Reply #830206 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Nice effort by both 17 yos Galloway and woodhill

Reply #830208 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Kings coaches think it's under 10 , they are sharing the time.

Reply #830209 | Report this post

Krusher25  
Years ago

Totally agree. Coach Forde really has no clue. Refs are taking a couple of minutes to review a decision, and the play Forde comes up with with 6 seconds left is inbounds to Casper so he can try to go one on one for an off balance 3? Really?

Forde is a coach that depends on superstar players to bail him out of his pathetic coaching performance. Unfortunately for him, his stars cant shoot. Heal hit the nail on the head, why weren't Martin and DJ getting the ball more? The plays were set up for that pathetic excuse for a centre Hunter.

If Weaver had this team, we would be in such a different position. Surely Paul Smith wont stand for this for too much longer.

Reply #830210 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

So if there is no Covid in Adelaide / SA why are there many in the crowd and bench wearing masks PLUS the bench have "protective screens? #Weird

Reply #830211 | Report this post

Krusher25  
Years ago

DJ: 12 points in 7 minutes in the first quarter

Forde: "Right thats enough, get on the bench"

Reply #830212 | Report this post

Krusher25  
Years ago

Jarrell: i like iso step backs mid range and driving from the wing.

Forde: "Let's get Hunter more touches and postups"

Turnover

Reply #830213 | Report this post

sixtiesrockstar  
Years ago

All Covid rules are wierd and even stupider with no cases but huge sums of taxpayer money being spent on testing.

Reply #830214 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Sydney are a joke.big hype no game no heart no nothing .... bring back razorbacks

Reply #830216 | Report this post

Krusher25  
Years ago

Its not that they have no heart, it is that they dont know what they are doing....that is all on Forde.

Reply #830218 | Report this post

Knowall  
Years ago

Miller consistently getting away from breaking line on free throws. First noticed when he got away with the offensive rebound against Cairns.

Reply #830219 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Typically Karen's on here complaining that they have screens at the scorers bench and some people choose to wear masks. Booohoo, have u seen how f’ed up the rest of the world is with no crowds and no sports.?

Reply #830220 | Report this post

Knowall  
Years ago

Moller

Reply #830221 | Report this post

Perthworld  
Years ago

Three point advantage vs. this depleted Kings side? How ordinary.

Reply #830222 | Report this post

Perthworld  
Years ago

Alright well now it's eight.

Reply #830223 | Report this post

Krusher25  
Years ago

Casper is DONE! Glory days are far behind him. This Kings team needs to clean house next year.

Reply #830224 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Ahhh playing with the big boys now ... double header ... double digit lose double trouble ....

Reply #830225 | Report this post

Krusher25  
Years ago

51 points in 3 quarters. 51!!!??

Cant beat too many teams scoring like that.

Reply #830226 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Some retard said "Sydney are a joke.big hype no game no heart no nothing .... bring back razorbacks" Are you serious we don't need a crowd of 900 at an NBL game.

Reply #830228 | Report this post

Krusher25  
Years ago

Forde just said it best just then, "I don't know what to tell you!" Thanks coach!

Reply #830229 | Report this post

Perthworld  
Years ago

but he has tatts and a cool jacket.

Reply #830230 | Report this post

Krusher25  
Years ago

Its almost enough to become a Perth supporter.....almost

Reply #830231 | Report this post

Truth Seeker  
Years ago

Giddey is thr most overrated Aussie prospect perhaps ever.

Reply #830232 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

^^ bad take

Reply #830233 | Report this post

Krusher25  
Years ago

Thats game....willing to see this on Freezing Cold Takes.

Reply #830234 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

"Giddey is thr most overrated Aussie prospect perhaps ever."

Keep seeking, you haven't found it yet mate.

Reply #830235 | Report this post

Krusher25  
Years ago

If he said Casper I probably would have left him alone.

Reply #830236 | Report this post

Krusher25  
Years ago

Bad Coach....thats it.....thats all.....onto next year when we clean house.

Reply #830237 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Thanks Krusher25 for your inciteful 12 posts. Tell us about your NBL credentials. If not please STFU.

Reply #830238 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

What's with Forde's tats, is he a bikie?

Reply #830239 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

It's been annoying me for ages. Why do the refs have to tell a basketball player to "watch the line" Pretty obvious to me and they really don't need to tell any player that. Just do your job if possible please.

Reply #830240 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Its a FIBA directive

Reply #830241 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

It's a wank. DUH, don't step over the line. Idiocy at it's best.

Reply #830242 | Report this post

Krusher25  
Years ago

Hey Anonymous, where were you when Dwayne McClain Kenny McClary, Mark Dalton and Dean Uthoff were the iron wall of the NBL? Are you even a Kings supporter?

Is my venting annoying you? Gotta be passionate about your team or spend your life trying to make yourself feel better by meaningless, throw away comments.

NBL credentials? Ask Skip Bayless about how stupid your comment is.

Love your team and fight for something. Youll be happier.

Reply #830243 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Kings pick and roll offence is woeful, they actually played reasonable defence. Adelaide I cannot see missing finals, and I think that Forde will take time to settle in, just like all other first year coaches. He certainly has not yet. Weaver had a lot more team offence going.

Reply #830244 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

"Hey Anonymous, where were you when Dwayne McClain Kenny McClary, Mark Dalton and Dean Uthoff were the iron wall of the NBL? Are you even a Kings supporter?"

Yep I was there. Every TRAINING and game. So fuck off with your shit. You have no idea how passionate a supporter of the KINGS I am.
They were totally undermanned and kept on trying. Lost by a few yet they tried til the end. Go back under your rock and never resurface.
Adelaide have had 6 games in a row at home and really aren't that good.

Reply #830245 | Report this post

Krusher25  
Years ago

Hey idiot anonymous, did I bag the players as a group? Im not the one who said they didnt play with heart! Can you read? Over my 50 posts I clearly said it all falls back on poor coaching. This guy is as good as Ian Robilliard when he coached and we all know he only ran one motion set.

If youre a passionate Kings supporter why want me to talk? If you dont agree thats one thing but to tell me to shutup?

Your debating skills are for the masses.

Reply #830249 | Report this post

Krusher25  
Years ago

"Kings pick and roll offence is woeful, they actually played reasonable defence. Adelaide I cannot see missing finals, and I think that Forde will take time to settle in, just like all other first year coaches. He certainly has not yet. Weaver had a lot more team offence going."

Completely agree. Good take.

Reply #830250 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Forde did quite well with the tools that he had. Basically an NBL1 team.

Sixers should be worried that they couldn't smack such a small and depleted line up. Letting a rookie go for 28 says enough about the D

Reply #830255 | Report this post

Krusher25  
Years ago

Oh great argument. You got me there you intellectual powerhouse you.....hey I thunk im getting the hang of this sarcasm thing!

Reply #830256 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Humphries earning his money these last few games!

Reply #830260 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

"Over my 50 posts" Man you have half of those number of posts. Have the drugs worn off? Your first topic was bagging the Coaching of Forde. The rest of this thread is the same. Tell us what credentials you have in regard to coaching and NBL side. Until then STFU. I have been to more Kings games and training sessions than you have had hot dinners.

Reply #830263 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Who is Skip Bayless?

Reply #830266 | Report this post

Krusher25  
Years ago

Filthy casual

Reply #830267 | Report this post

Dave Q  
Years ago

Is Casper done? The guy was absolutely mighty for MU... but really hasn't done anything in a Kings jersey. Indeed, for the last 18 months his shooting has been woeful given his useage.

He is supposed to be the answer to Bryce Cotton, but right now he isnt even the answer to an 18yo Josh Giddey.

Reply #830269 | Report this post

Shano76  
Years ago

A wins a win, nothing special really. Isaac continues to impress. Sloan, not so much. Hit another buzzer beater. Seems the only shot he can consistently make. Real worry when he drives, no lift or burst of speed to help him finish. Dech has been impressive on d.
Sixers got the win as they should have. Big test when they hit the road

Reply #830271 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Kings offence today was to shit.

Reply #830273 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Krushner or whatever the eff his username is has a major b*ner for Forde and can't see past it. He's a first year coach, get off his a** about it. Just like players, coaches also need time to settle in. The Kings lineup is very depleted and will take time to adjust.

Reply #830274 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Adelaide played 8 players, and 6 games, kings played 10 players and 4 game and Forde say his players tired, oh please. There subbing is nonsensical.

Reply #830275 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Sydney have been on the road for over a month, they would be exhausted. Adelaide haven't left Adelaide. It’s not a level playing field right now for Kings, Breakers & Phoenix

Reply #830280 | Report this post

bretts the man  
Years ago

Overall this game wasn't to the standard we have been seeing this season and Sixers should have won much more easily against a injury depleted team that didn't give up.
Apart from Humphries both on D and offence and Dech on D and maybe Crockers start not a lot to get excited about from 36 ers.
Though Humphries seems to lose a bit of impact in 2nd halves.
Sloan again was embarrassing and Giddey apart from couple of highlights struggled.

Reply #830283 | Report this post

Master Chief  
Years ago

These games you're expected to win can be tricky. Just got to get the job done at the end of the day.

Adelaide didn't look like they were prepared for the trapping and pressing at the end so there's something to learn from and you'd expect they'd handle that better next time.

Dech was a really smart signing and very underrated I still think.

Adelaide only using 8 players with McVeigh and Pinder being two of them. I think they're doing well.

Reply #830285 | Report this post

KET  
Years ago

Adelaide have played a fair few games in a small period of time, that has a fatiguing aspect as well. Most teams will need to be good at adjusting given the covid nature of the fixture.

36ers want to get the wins while at home, it will be extremely tough playing 6,7,8 away games in a row.

Sloan isn't up to it. A better import would make a world of difference considering how well DJ/IH/JG are doing offensively, Dech/IH defensively. I’m beginning to like Crockers spark.

Sadly, if we had Randle and made him able to dribble less and move the ball more, 36ers would be looking very strong offensively - didn’t think I’d consider wanting him back!

No place for Mudronja, or even Dillon really tbh.

Definitely missing that gritty clean up defensive big!

Giddey struggled against the full court pressure - however I’m glad Henry showed faith and kept him in for most of that pressure time. Good development and Giddey isn’t stupid, so he will learn from it

Reply #830286 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Sixers look ready for a very good season, hats off to JVG, put a nice group together and coaches, inspired and brave pick on Humphries who has beaten all expectations. Dech also been a great choice and coach knows how to use him. Should make finals.

Sydney look like they are playing hard for Forde but there doesn't seem much of a system. It’s hard for first year coaches, certainly when you have come from two different styles, Gleeson and Weaver. There defence got better but offensively it’s a shambles and I’m not sold on Martin yet at either end. DJ has been a highlight, still gets beaten on one and one D to often. Probably in bottom 3. All injuries are not good it’s the loss of Bogut that’s the biggest problem.

Reply #830288 | Report this post

robt  
Years ago

By my reckoning, if Sydney have 4 injuries out of 11 rostered players, that leaves them with 7 rostered and (up to) 4 injury replacements, at best. I know that injuries are "part of the game" but 3 starters and a solid bench performer, at once, is hard to take. Add to this condensed game schedules, meaning additional tiredness issue and, of course, the risk of further injuries as a result. All away from home.

When the originals are all healthy you will have a Sydney, mid-season, who are learning to play together as a regular rostered. Meanwhile, everyone else is ramping right up, fighting for ladder positions. I feel as though the Kings will be contesting the spoon this season, and largely, at that end of the season, mostly at home.

Not a Sydney fan but can't help feeling for them.

Reply #830289 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Exactly robt, they are having a tough run early. Get Cooks, Louzada and Kickert back into that team and it looks very different.

Reply #830290 | Report this post

Master Chief  
Years ago

robt, agreed. They just have to battle through it for now.

Reply #830292 | Report this post

Zodiac  
Years ago

I wouldn't be expecting to get much out of Cooks this season he's expected to miss at least the first half of the season.

Reply #830294 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Kings have been on the road since Christmas day.

Reply #830296 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

We did not get a lot out Cooks last season. Bogut on one leg is the big loss and Tate at the offensive end is a loss.

Reply #830297 | Report this post

RJ  
Years ago

Yeah nah.. sure they have injuries but Forde is a bum coach

Reply #830299 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Forde in one time out if my ears heard right, I'm not certain what to tell you. Now that’s a bit of a worry.

Reply #830300 | Report this post

Perthworld  
Years ago

Hey, at least he was being honest!

Reply #830301 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Listen to what he said, as in I don't know what to tell you as it’s the same thing. As in the shot selection I assume. You guys are looking for anything

Reply #830302 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Loss by 1, 3 and 5 and he's a bum coach? They get two out of their 4 players back and they’ll start winning again

Reply #830303 | Report this post

KET  
Years ago

I'm a fan - like most - of watching full teams play each other, and hope that all teams are competitively placed talent wise.

Kings with their absences sucks for kings fans and NBL fans alike.

Reply #830306 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

What is the go with Mudronja?
Why can't he get on the court?
The Sturt hype machine was in overdrive about this guy as a junior, is he just not that good? Coach doesn’t like him? Ran his mouth too much in the whole Joey Wright thing?
There must be a reason he’s played 4mins this season.
Sixers are basically playing a man down.

Reply #830307 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I'd be more concerned about the stud Ex NBA import giving 9/2/3 in 26 minutes a game and needing to call for his own sub after 6 minutes because he can’t last

Reply #830310 | Report this post

sixtiesrockstar  
Years ago

Sixers were really in control of this game, should have put their foot on the kings throat when up by 17 early in the 4th. The change to full court D changed the momentum and refs put whistle away. Sixers should have engaged with it and attacked the rim, instead they went down the take time off the clock route. When they got the ball into front court Sixers turned down multiple options to attack the bucket and score to keep the margin above 10pts.

Reply #830313 | Report this post

Master Chief  
Years ago

I think it's a mistake to promise a DP a full time position after that one year. I realise the argument is about locking up young talent, but I'm not convinced it's necessary in order to do so. Plus Adelaide were already so guard heavy and that's after getting out of the White contract. Didn't leave much flexibility for Henry to work with.

Mudronja looks talented and I like he's a local,but it's pretty hard to know exactly what his role is behind Giddey, Sloan, Dech and Dillon. He might just not be up to it yet.

The bench will be the issue moving forward.

Reply #830315 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Giddey could be gone next season and his chance might happen. Coach playing short bench to make sure of wins. While he's probably disappointed patience might reward him. His bit of game time he’s had has been reasonable.

Reply #830316 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

307 yes the good old Sturt hype machine...outside of Maher Forman and Williams who has actually achieved anything significant?
Although Issac White looks like a player..maybe the 36s should try and trade Mudronja to the Hawks and get White back in Adelaide?

Reply #830320 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Remember the bench can only be paid a limited amount so Mudronja would be part of that rationale

Reply #830326 | Report this post

Zodiac  
Years ago

Plus Mudronja is the only local player on the team which is something to dangle in front of members, sponsors etc. so his 'value' goes beyond his actual on court production. I even saw an interview with him on SBS Courtside this morning before the NBA game.

Isaac White is an interesting one I'm not up with the state league but when the Hawks signed him a few on here said he's not even NBL standard that he struggles in the state league when he comes back each year from his college yet he's looked quite solid so far hopefully not another local product the 36ers let get away from them like Ingles, Newley, Madgen.

Reply #830332 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Issac White plays hard and doesn't say much...the opposite of Mudronja.
Know who I’d prefer at the 36s.
Mudronja had a fair bit to say after Joey Wright was sacked, don’t think the club was too impressed and he is paying the price. Perhaps focus on getting some minutes before running your mouth.

Reply #830341 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

320, Jacob Rigoni is currently smashing records for his school in the Division 1 NCAA and Lat Mayen is starting 5 for his school Nebraska who play in the Big 10.

Rigoni is set to play in the NBL and I'd suggest that if Mayen does not become a lottery pick over the next couple years will be in the NBL too.

Rasmussen will embark on his Division collegiate career this year. Still needs to prove self but another Sturtie on NBL radars I'm sure.

Valid point but between Rags, White, Mud, Mayen, Rasmussen they've done alright in the past couple yrs at "producing" the talent. Not sure there is much lgit talent coming through the club now though, that focus seems to have shifted to the Rockets and a little to Southern on the boy's side.

Reply #830343 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Oh and I'd throw Griscti in there as a "smokie" with Rasmussen too. Trained with the 36ers last season and I'm hearing is set to go D1 NCAA too.

Reply #830346 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Probably you should also mention Brad Hill, Corey Maynard, Jacob Holmes too.

Reply #830348 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Rigoni struggles with the athleticism and physicality. Will be guard size at NBL level but has PF quickness.

Reply #830357 | Report this post

Sixers  
Years ago

"Mudronja had a fair bit to say after Joey Wright was sacked"

Nothing wrong with what he said.

"don't think the club was too impressed and he is paying the price."

That is nothing to do with him not playing minutes. Nice try anyway

Reply #830363 | Report this post

KET  
Years ago

"Rigoni struggles with the athleticism and physicality. Will be guard size at NBL level but has PF quickness."

He has deceptive pace actually.

Look at him more of an Ingles type player - he's got a high bball IQ and can knock down the three in a way none of the 36ers can at the moment

Reply #830364 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

"Nothing wrong with what he said" ??
Yes everyone loves a DP who has been at the club for 5minutes giving an opinion no one asked for.
Doesn't need to speak, needs to perform.

Reply #830365 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Mudronja was defending himself and calling out the backstabbing Kevin White was partaking in

Tells me he is team first

Reply #830386 | Report this post

Anonnona  
Years ago

Was issue in QLD too that Muddy and couple others hooked with.. surely he not paying the price for speaking up ....

Reply #830403 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Character would be a big thing in Henry's teams. Maybe look there....

Reply #830430 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Problem with most of the juniors coming through Sturt is they are pumped up, prance around, told how good they are, going to college, going pro, are superior players and they believe it.
Then in the seniors when it gets hard and none of that crap matters, they struggle and get found out.
Maybe Mudronja is a good example of this?

Reply #830434 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

ha ha if you think henry is about character ...enough off court issues already with these new guys

Reply #830439 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 8:49 am, Sat 27 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754