Zodiac
Years ago

Music artists to perform at NBL Cup

Local talent will soundtrack the inaugural NBL Cup, a "first of its kind competition" in Melbourne played within the regular season.

Confirmed to perform during the competition, as programed by UNIFIED Music Group, Modern Day Entertainment and Red Hill Entertainment, is Steve Cousins, Matilda Pearl, Jordan Astra, Jordan Dennis, Jaycee, YNG Martyr and Sophiya.

“Bringing music to the NBL has been a dream for years and to now be doing it with Julian and our friends at Modern Day Entertainment we are over the moon,” UNIFIED Music Group CEO and Founder Jaddan Comerford said.

“Music and basketball has always been closely linked and we are thrilled to be able to put up and coming Australian music in front of basketball fans. This is just the beginning and we are grateful to the NBL for the opportunity they are giving to the Australian music industry.”

https://themusic.com.au/news/nbl-cup-2021-live-music-program-unified-music-group/_h0aEBMSFRQ/19-02-21/

Topic #48108 | Report this topic

Anonymous  
Years ago

qucik kids come and listen to YNG Martyr....dad what does Martyr mean?

The a tough explain to the 10 year old! but hey the white middle calls kid from the suburbs generally fits the bill of what a Martyr is throughout history!

Reply #833129 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

What?

Reply #833130 | Report this post

DennisRodmansHair  
Years ago

Haven't heard of any of those artists...Am I that out of touch? No its the children who are wrong!

Reply #833142 | Report this post

Perthworld  
Years ago

Who?

Reply #833143 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Why?

Reply #833150 | Report this post

LoveBroker  
Years ago

YNG Martyr to music is what Kevin White is to Basketball.

Reply #833151 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Will they be playing Cotton Eye Joe?

Reply #833153 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

More importantly, tickets are $10 even for gold tickets. I'd listen to whatever music I have to to watch 2 NBL games in good seats at that price.

Reply #833158 | Report this post

KET  
Years ago

Legit was going to say exactly that.

Got my tix for Saturday!

Reply #833166 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

You'll be all alone cause they reduced to $10 for a reason, they had sold about 150 when they reduced them

Reply #833170 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Nbl cup. Fail.

Reply #833171 | Report this post

Perthworld  
Years ago

You'll be all alone cause they reduced to $10 for a reason, they had sold about 150 when they reduced them

How pathetically sad, luckily LK arranged for a Victorian state government handout. At least that's one positive - the NBL are finally tapping into the gravy train like most other pro sports have always done.

Reply #833174 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Sorry to anyone who has to sit through those 'music artists'.

Reply #833178 | Report this post

Scout  
Years ago

F me there are some negative posters goin round, bagging the NBL and NBL Cup.

If I was able to be in Melbourne to watch a couple of games for $10 would be very happy about it.

I have long term concerns re the sustainability of the NBL if Larry takes off but also believe if he wasn't about the league would be close to closing down. It is now damn strong and time to enjoy.

My major concern is the lack of investment in local both junior and senior basketball.

The sport is booming but down here in Tasmania and I am sure it is the case in other places there are not enough courts for to keep up with growth of basketball.

The top end might be going very well need investment in grass roots basketball.

Reply #833180 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Well said scout.

Reply #833181 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

4 new courts at the DEC Scout and a proposal to build a new 5000 seat basketball stadium in Launceston. Going well,

Reply #833186 | Report this post

Scout  
Years ago

4 new courts at the DEC will not touch the sides, will also be used by Jackjumpers as training facility.

Moonah, Rosny, Warrane all beyond useby date - leak when it rains.

Courts needed in Hobart and on Eastern Shore

CAM's / clubs currently train at schools without proper rings etc

Yep it is improvement but there are definitely more courts needed than just the DEC.....have been for over a decade.

Reply #833187 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Has been like that for at least 3 decades.

Reply #833199 | Report this post

Scout  
Years ago

Anon #199 yes you are right - hence the need for more courts with more demand.

Reply #833201 | Report this post

Krazy  
Years ago

Umm who? Lol

They win some battle of the bands competition?

Reply #833232 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 9:44 am, Fri 26 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754