Craig
Years ago

Lamar P gooonneee

Who signs him now? He's already in Australia, so no quarantine required. I presume he has been paid out from NZ, so could be a sneaky $100k signing for someone?

Or, is this the last we see of Lamar P? Off seasons are not his speciality

Topic #48222 | Report this topic

KET  
Years ago

Lamar over Crocker?

Reply #837172 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Lamar signing back in Brisbane. Confirmed

Reply #837173 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Levi Randolph signed with the New Zealand Breakers in the Australia NBL League for the rest of this season, sources tell @Emiliano Carchia. The player has an NBA out clause in his contract. - via Twitter Carchia

On Hoopshype.com

Reply #837174 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I hear Perth needs an import. If anyone can get him going again it's Gleeson

Reply #837175 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Brisbane released Johnson too.

Reply #837176 | Report this post

DennisRodmansHair  
Years ago

Free agent Levi Randolph has signed with the New Zealand Breakers of Australia's National Basketball League, a source told Hoops Rumors. The deal is for the rest of the season and has an NBA out clause.

Randolph averaged 12.9 points, 4.0 rebounds and 2.6 assists per contest with Canton during the G League bubble, shooting an impressive 43% on 3-pointers. The 28-year-old was called up by the Cavaliers on a two-way deal last season and signed an Exhibit 10 contract with the team during camp this season.

Randolph, an Alabama product, holds four years of G League experience. The veteran wing has also played professionally in Italy and France during his career.

Sportando was first to report the news of his signing.

Reply #837180 | Report this post

Zodiac  
Years ago

The Breakers just signed Jeremy Kendle as Patterson's temp replacement?

Reply #837188 | Report this post

Mystro  
Years ago

Yeah I guess Shamir & Walsh liked the idea of Kendle covering & contributing whilst they wait for Randolph & McDowell White to clear border quarantine.

My understanding is....

Rob Loe - McDowell White (DP Kyrin Galloway had been elevated to playing roster to cover)
Patterson - Kendle injury cover and then replaced by Randolph

Corey Webster -

McDowell White will cover for Corey but is expected to slot into the backcourt with Corey when he returns so he must be replacing Loe on the roster.

Reply #837190 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

NZ in full tank mode now!

Reply #837191 | Report this post

Perth fan.  
Years ago

Waiting to see if McDowell White has improved since his first nbl stint.

Reply #837200 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Just a query, I don't have a high basketball iq so forgive me if its a silly question.

But why are the Breakers getting swingmen in?

They desperately need a 4/5 right? Delaney and Iverson doing huge minutes. Trist not as good as other backup centers and Galloway while he has been promising at times does make some mis reads no disrespect to either player of course. Just curious as to what the Breakers are looking to do with all these 6ft 5 players

Reply #837207 | Report this post

Zodiac  
Years ago

Anon, generally speaking shorter players are easier to get and the bigger you go those players are harder to find. I dare say there probably wasn't much out there at the PF level that the Breakers thought would make much difference or what they could afford so biting the bullet and going with a smaller signing.

Plus Iverson has really started to settle in now it takes a while for new bigs to adjust to the way the refs call the game here.

Reply #837211 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Ok cheers for the breakdown Zodiac :). Makes sense to me!

Reply #837218 | Report this post

Bigdog  
Years ago

They needed a big.

Reply #837235 | Report this post

pls  
Years ago

enjoyed Olgun "confirming" Carchia's scoop.

Reply #837241 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Patterson can play small ball 4 spot, has size if not height, should work in really well with the bench and starters if required. His price probably would've been a bargain as well. Smart move bullets.

Reply #837244 | Report this post

Mystro  
Years ago

Patterson couldn't stay in front of anything that wasn’t a cake or buffet and I’m sure his knee injury is helping his fitness or lack of.

Reply #837245 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Breakers should have brought Brandon Ashley back. I hope they at least tried....

Reply #837246 | Report this post

RobT  
Years ago

2 x great seasons at Bullets vs 1 third of crap season at Breakers. He knows the systems, the players, all except Law Krebbs.

If better basketball brains than mine decided that Patterson could co-exist with the Websters, I am sure that he and Law can excel together.

Only question left for the Bullets (apparently) is the PG. I must admit that I have never liked Sobey as PG. Love all else about his basketball. But with the Bullets, I really don't see it as a problem.

A true PG would be a bonus, just as LP is a bonus. But this system of the Bullets really does not require a true PG, not when there are so many others capable of helping in running the team. And especially with the addition of Krebbs to further bolster that spot. Possibly the weak point of the team but otherwise strong defensively and awesome offensively.

"Should be fun", as someone else posted.

Reply #837292 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

It looks like the Breakers waited till G League was over before moving Patterson on rather than earlier. But I still don't understand the signing as it’s the front court that needs help. I’m a big Iverson fan but it’s hard playing a 7 footer 30+ and sometimes almost a whole quarter in a league that can be up and down at times. Someone like Ashley who could play the 4 and 5 would be ideal. Galloway has potential but he makes bad reads defensively. Ashley would help defend more mobile bigs and stretch the floor.

The only reason I think they’ve signed a scorer like this is because Corey Webster is going to be out a long time.

Reply #837295 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

It looks like the Breakers waited till G League was over before moving Patterson on rather than earlier. But I still don't understand the signing as it’s the front court that needs help. I’m a big Iverson fan but it’s hard playing a 7 footer 30+ and sometimes almost a whole quarter in a league that can be up and down at times. Someone like Ashley who could play the 4 and 5 would be ideal. Galloway has potential but he makes bad reads defensively. Ashley would help defend more mobile bigs and stretch the floor.

The only reason I think they’ve signed a scorer like this is because Corey Webster is going to be out a long time.

Reply #837296 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Shamir has coached against Randolph in BCL. He must rate his ability to get it done in the NBL.

Reply #837306 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Wow a topic with Gooonnneeee in it. (eyeroll)

Reply #837312 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

GORN is far better ;)

Reply #837313 | Report this post

Perthworld  
Years ago

That or gawn.

Gooonneee reads like a term for junior goon.

Reply #837315 | Report this post

Mystro  
Years ago

Brandon Ashley couldn't adjust to the refs across the whole of last season and struggled with foul trouble every game.
NZ would be better off begging Rob Loe and his Wife to come back.

Reply #837321 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

NBL site now has confirmation for anyone waiting on an official source. New import confirmed as Levi Randolph as was mentioned yesterday.

Reply #837379 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 4:22 pm, Fri 26 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754