Jack Toft
Years ago

Throwdown VII SEM v MEL Mar 27

It's a case of a double shot of latte with both Melbourne teams brining their own re-usable cups and ditching the straws. United go in a hot favourites but anything is possible in NBL21. The Creeksters are without their star, who may or may not be on the back bench. United will take advantage of this and squeeze the Phoenix like a lime to make green lemonade. But with Sykes back for the green machine, some of that lemon juice mike squirt United in the eye.

Adam Gibson might be the oldest dude suiting up, but he is the craftiest, so expect him to pull out every trick to hold the blue baggers in check. Broekhoff has a chance to own the pine tonight.

I think this will be a closer game than what people think, but in the end the big brother will take the win by hook or by Broekhoff

Topic #48271 | Report this topic

Perth fan.  
Years ago

Unless Broekhoff fires up I see United winning this

Reply #839106 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Owning the pine sounds like he's riding the bench. Maybe should have said owing the hardwood

Reply #839114 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

*owning the hardwood

Reply #839115 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

White and Hopson back ? If so Melbourne are no brainers, by 13.

Reply #839118 | Report this post

LV  
Years ago

Huge game

We're due an all Victorian Grand Final this year. Happens every 12 years.

And like 97, a winter season (almost).

Reply #839134 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Overs/under on how many times the commentary team refer to this match as the 'Throwdown' - we'll starts with a line of 15.5

Reply #839138 | Report this post

Perthworld  
Years ago

I'll take the over.

These modern corporate nicknames for rivalries created by NBL HQ are awful.

Reply #839142 | Report this post

Another Anon  
Years ago

I'm definitely taking the 15.5 overs.
That's a monty.

Reply #839143 | Report this post

Kas  
Years ago

YAY - JACK WHITE is BACK !!!

Reply #839157 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

What's the line on "Elite talent" comments? Did you know that it's not a cupcake league? I heard that somewhere.

Reply #839158 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Everyone in Aus drinks lattes and they all them for a dollar at 7/11. It's time to upgrade that diss to Magic or single origin cold brew

Reply #839224 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Better than The Throw UP.

Reply #839227 | Report this post

Perth fan.  
Years ago

SEM aren't the same without #55.

Reply #839228 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Without Creek SEM are trash

Reply #839234 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

"SEM aren't the same without #55."

Thats what the women say too

Reply #839235 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

SEM had won four straight coming into tonight and played the best team in the NBL, even if they have 0 imports. No shame in losing to them. We will be fine. Shots did not drop, RB has yet to get going, Sykes just coming back. We will be fine. We are making playoffs.

Reply #839236 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Haven't seen any of his games. What's the deal with Broekhoff? Minutes restriction? Or just a bit more a role-player than his international reputation would imply? Not like he couldn't, in theory, take Creek's minutes and get 15-20 shots a game?

Reply #839237 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Commentators keep saying "has not played or stepped on the court for 12 months"

Reply #839238 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Is broekoff even a good player?

Reply #839239 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I dont get why creek isn't playing. Degoey for collingwood has been playing for 2 years with charges hanging over his head

Reply #839240 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Broekhoff looks like he's got lot talent, but very rusty. Played Russia for big coin, they don’t let spuds play. It certainly hasn’t happened here yet though.

Reply #839243 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Key word is "Collingwood". It's normal there.

Reply #839245 | Report this post

JMS  
Years ago

Regarding Broekhoff it's certainly an interesting scenario. Looks very rusty, potentially not quite in game shape. He’s a genuine spot up shooter but so far seems to be struggling as he’s not getting open looks and can’t create off the dribble. Needs to be playing more minutes but maybe he’s on restrictions? I really thought he’d dominate this league so quite surprised at what he’s delivered, however I’m sure we’ll see some breakout games soon.

Reply #839249 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Deng Adel was supposed to dominate this league well, that's not turning up to good.

Reply #839254 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

That's true. RB was NEVER a star in the NBA. He was not even a contributor for the most part, he had a specialized role and his fair share of DNP-CD. His role was to park in the corner, and if the ball comes his way, shoot. Now so many are expecting things from him that he has never done before.

Reply #839256 | Report this post

Perth fan.  
Years ago

Jury is out on Broekhoff but Adel is amongst the most disappointing players imo.

Reply #839258 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

I would've thought that Broekhoff would be a more-than-competent defender too, and get minutes on that count alone. How has he gone on that front?

Must be pretty rusty if Te Rangi is holding down that starting role.

Reply #839262 | Report this post

Kb_24  
Years ago

why RB give over under 13.5...

Reply #839273 | Report this post

Perthworld  
Years ago

I didn't watch the game but did briefly see an interview at HT with Goulding where he was talking about United being booed at John Cain Arena and how rare that was. United were leading at HT so what happened?

Reply #839302 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

He was not talking about United, he was talking about himself, as he was hitting clutch shots then emulating his baby daughter's hand movements as his new "celebration"

Reply #839306 | Report this post

Perthworld  
Years ago

Thanks.

Reply #839313 | Report this post

hoopie  
Years ago

and he over-acted after an alleged touch near his eyes by Broekhoff. (Replay suggested it must have been the lightest of touches, if at all, IMHO)

Reply #839323 | Report this post

LV  
Years ago

United moves to 7-0 when full strength or missing 1 player. Average winning margin 11 points.

6-5 when missing 2 players or more.

Reply #839443 | Report this post

LV  
Years ago

Correction United 6-0 with average margin 11.5

7-5 missing 2+ players

Reply #839444 | Report this post

koberulz  
Years ago

Gotta admire LV for making excuses for losing even after wins.

Reply #839480 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 5:51 pm, Fri 26 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754