Jack Toft
Years ago

United v Snakes Apr 2

I reckon the Snakes would be sick of Melbourne, but with Brisbane in lockdown it's the safest bet. And probably a safe bet tonight is that united might get up.

Cairns broke their losing streak with a great win against the Sixers, who are great at giving up a loss to help people out. United are behind the Cats, but hoping to get the pounce on them at the end.

Settle in for a double shot, United should take control of this early and nail this game.

Topic #48308 | Report this topic

Anonymous  
Years ago

Perth favorites to shoot the most free throws in this game too

Reply #840355 | Report this post

Perth fan.  
Years ago

United with ease unfortunately.

Reply #840362 | Report this post

LV  
Years ago

United easily here. Without Deng and Noi, hard to see Cairns putting enough points on the board to trouble Melbourne.

Reply #840370 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

When is Cotton naturalising? Who will the Cats bring in as an import when he does?

Reply #840395 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Cotton will naturalise Australia day next year.

Reply #840397 | Report this post

Bol  
Years ago

Karn the Snakes!!!

Reply #840402 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

United should be good for this by 15 plus, White makes so much difference. Cairns will compete and I'm of the opinion they are better with out Noi.

Reply #840408 | Report this post

Bolt  
Years ago

Not sure they're better without him but if anyone mentions his name and the NBA in the same sentence - other than his park chop agent - they’re being delusional.

I hope Kelly gives Duff Jr some more burn, he was great in the minutes provided last week.

Reply #840419 | Report this post

anon  
Years ago

I think if Cairns can play just a bit better than their game against the 36ers, they could get a win here.

Reply #840420 | Report this post

LV  
Years ago

Low intensity game so far from both teams

Reply #840483 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Barlow called for moving screen with so little contact, is this the left over from last nights rage.

Reply #840484 | Report this post

LV  
Years ago

Landale showing us his arsenal tonight.

Reply #840489 | Report this post

LV  
Years ago

Long term fans might recall that Copes does some of his best work on Good Friday

Reply #840490 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Kelly does a good job with this team, Oliver and Machado are stars, though Machado seems to over dribble this season, the rest side are mostly goers playing above there ability.

Reply #840491 | Report this post

JMS  
Years ago

Yeah agreed on the moving screen call. I find this call is often so over officiated in the NBL. Defenders should be allowed to push through the screen (with only really significant contact being called). Offensively as long as you are setting the pick and have a reasonable position, just let it go.

Reply #840493 | Report this post

JMS  
Years ago

Love the banter with Copeland and Gaze. Combined with Liam it's a good commentary mix.

Reply #840494 | Report this post

LV  
Years ago

Great job showing the 2002 footage

I missed that game (away in the country with friends)

Will never forget walking into game 3 late, after returning from my trip, and being delighted at the Tigers being about 20 points up

Drewy was injured that year, and returned playing on one leg. But Hoges won the MVP and Copes wound back the clock.

Reply #840495 | Report this post

LV  
Years ago

Ha love the talk about United being the best team

The 6-0 record with average 11 pt winning margin when missing one or none would suggest this group has indeed been the best so far

Reply #840498 | Report this post

LV  
Years ago

Copes wants United to be ran like the Tigers

Every play for Landale and Goulding to take 20 shots a game like another duo 25 years ago

Reply #840499 | Report this post

LV  
Years ago

Oh nooooooo.

Not again. Not another one.

Reply #840502 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Jack White seems to be hurt bad.

Reply #840503 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

United can't beat Perth without White. This is cruel for player and club.

Reply #840504 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Baba better be first team all defense

Reply #840505 | Report this post

LV  
Years ago

If Achilles, huge

I wouldn't say United can't win without him but it makes the job significantly tougher. He brings all the intangibles, defense, rebounding, energy.

He's just a valuable player to have on the team but he does specifically help United in areas where Perth has always been strong- eg hustle, rebounding.

Like I keep saying though, I'm just as worried if not more about SEM. And in that matchup White is a great option against Creek

Reply #840506 | Report this post

Perthworld  
Years ago

United can't beat Perth without White. This is cruel for player and club.

Wildcats luck continues. Ref luck, injury luck and scheduling luck.

Reply #840507 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Agree with the above regarding White & United's championship hopes. Landale is one of the worst interior defenders I’ve ever see.

Reply #840508 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Landale and Martin from Sydney, really struggle defensively inside, no White no United. Commentary only see points mostly though they have spoken about loss of White now.
Mooney is by far the best 5 in the competition.

Reply #840509 | Report this post

Bol  
Years ago

Oh common i wouldn't go as far as saying no white no united. Fingers crossed its not as bad as it looked hes a good player but MU are ridiculously stacked they can cover him

Reply #840512 | Report this post

Bol  
Years ago

Bad foul by Oliver on Landale! Cairns doing well hanging in there but with that foul its game over

Reply #840513 | Report this post

TB  
Years ago

If White is out for a while at least LV has his excuse lined up already.

Reply #840514 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

White is there everything man, these guys are hard to cover, hopefully it just a calf and he's back before seasons end, I cannot see Melbourne beating Perth with out his hustle.

Reply #840515 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

If White is out United will bring in a second import

Reply #840516 | Report this post

JMS  
Years ago

Really bad luck for Jack White, seems like a great bloke, perfect team mate (how much better is Landale with his presence). Let's hope it’s not an achilles. If so, you would think United would have to bring in the second import (defensive big). Peatling has been much better than expected but would need a lot more support. Barlow seems to have lost all confidence.

Reply #840519 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Firstly, bad luck to white, no one wants to see injuries. Secondly with a 22 to 9 fta count was this the ref's fault too? Asking for a friend.....

Adam, I'll let you know what the socials say for your next press conference

Reply #840521 | Report this post

Lovebroker  
Years ago

United already have a second import his name is Stith.

Reply #840522 | Report this post

JMS  
Years ago

Stith as an injury replacement second import definitely won't be the answer. Sounds like Jack likely to be out for 12 months (according to Vickerman post-game). Will be interested to see what PF import talent is available.

Reply #840524 | Report this post

LV  
Years ago

They should look for someone who can play Defense, rebound and bring consistent high energy.

In other words what White was doing.

Reply #840525 | Report this post

Perth fan.  
Years ago

They can't rely on Stith. He is nothing more than bench player.
It's either power forward by committee in Barlow and Peatling with JLA helping out or find an import pf asap.

Reply #840526 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Good signs from Taipans. Melbourne starting to get the machine rolling slowly but surely.

Terrible news about Jack White, poor guy brought awesome talent to our league. Hope him a speedy recovery and hope he comes out firing next season!

Reply #840532 | Report this post

koberulz  
Years ago

If it's a 12 month recovery, he won't play next season.

Reply #840549 | Report this post

Perth fan.  
Years ago

I don't like United but it's still a dam shame for White. Wish him a good recovery.

Reply #840551 | Report this post

Gus3232  
Years ago

Any confirmation on what has happened to White? He's a cracker of a kid, exactly the type of player you want as a Boomer.

Reply #840686 | Report this post

koberulz  
Years ago

Ruptured achilles, 12 months out per Vickerman in the press conference.

Reply #840693 | Report this post

Zodiac  
Years ago

Terrible news for Jack White out not only for the rest of this season but likely all of next season too.

Reply #840727 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 3:46 am, Sat 27 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754